Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2021, 12:24 AM   #1

There are still Bashan BSR 250's available!

Wow...I noticed the advert for PSM on the side-header here, and out of curiosity I clicked on it to see if any new bikes are in. I was surprised to see the Bashan "Raven" BSR 250 is still available with the price at $1400 + 280 shipping...which puts it about $120 more than the hawk. Since I am the proud owner of a very fine BSR, I can tell you that I have had not one single problem with this bike since I fired it up! It is approaching 500 miles and if you're on on the fence about getting a bike...this one (knock on wood) just does it's job...excellently!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8-l.jpg (26.1 KB, 302 views)
File Type: jpg 20210824_214929.jpg (46.0 KB, 289 views)

Old 09-09-2021, 02:15 AM   #2

I have been eyeballing the bike that looks like a lower rent Orion RXB250L. It appears that it is made by the same OEM, but doesn't have the higher end features of the Orion, and I think Orion responded to this bike by upgrading their plastics (and using the 249cc engine). https://www.powersportsmax.com/produ...ducts_id/22658

From what I understand, Powersportsmax has a lot of deep pockets directly from China, and were one of the retailers who were buying out the last of certain distributors remaining stock as COVID was hitting. It was explained that the owner (who apparently is in China) gets quarterly or annual bonuses directly by the manufacturers based on the number of bikes sold, not relying so much on profit per bike. They sell some bikes under their own 'brand' XPro, some are rebadged bikes (like the Hawk) and other are original (mostly original as it was a lot more like the older Orion RXB 250) like the Titan DLX 250.

I have heard negative things about them here on Chinariders, but I will say I am pleasantly surprised they bother to remove bike that are not in stock. That way, there is no ambiguity as to whether one has to use a magnifying glass to see if they have the disclaimer stating 'on backorder' or 'sold out' or 'out of stock'.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-09-2021, 01:17 PM   #3

Culcune...Yeah, I heard HORRIBLE reviews about them...but it came down to a choice between them and $$$###@##$%Texas Power Sports and their BAIT AND SWITCH policies (And lying about it!)...so I went with PSM. The only thing they did wrong was not printing their name under the signature on the MCO - and that was dealt with easily enough. Besides that - they always answered the phone and always responded to emails - so, I don't really have anything bad to say about them. And you really can't beat the quality of this bike for $1250!

Old 09-24-2021, 03:07 PM   #4

@stewbrash- I just ordered my BSR 250 Raven from Texas Powersports. Hopefully all goes well haha. I’m curious if you have made any upgrades during assembly? I’m debating getting some after market inner tubes. Have you had any issues with the stock ones or if you’ve replaced them what new ones did you get?

Old 09-24-2021, 08:00 PM   #5

I bought my TBR7 from powersportsmax in June. The transaction went well. One of my tank plastics had a bent clip. they could'nt get me one in a timely manner so they refunded my card $77. Which was fine with me since I was able to mount the tank plastic without any issues. Like I said my experiance was good but I may have been lucky haha. So far I love this bike though

Old 09-25-2021, 12:34 AM   #6

sgriffey, I put new, American oil in it before starting and adjusted the valves (re-adjusted after 100 miles and again at 500); I installed a new digital dash and sender, added bark busters, installed an NGK sparkplug, installed a PZ30 carb and the aftermarket exhaust (it hits the speed of sound now), I installed a phone charger/temp gauge/voltmeter, installed phone holder and saddlebags; I have had ZERO issues with this bike! I haven't even thought about the tires...I keep them at about 22 PSI because it rides smoother. Here is a link to my build:
http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=28936
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210524_222708.jpg (60.6 KB, 173 views)
File Type: jpg 20210604_155521.jpg (69.5 KB, 184 views)

Old 09-25-2021, 06:57 PM   #7

Awesome! Thanks I’ll give that a look! I think I’ll just start out stock and make some upgrades as I go so that I’ll have something to tinker with on the weekends.

Old 09-25-2021, 06:57 PM   #8

Yours looks really good by the way! I like the bark busters