Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2021, 06:14 PM   #1

Zongshen 230cc Exhaust Gasket

Hey guys - need some help. Finally got an exhaust that FIT my bike! Yay

Now - when I took off the stock pipe, I noticed there wasn't any crush washers to seal the exhaust up. What size do I need for the 230cc Zongshen? Not an RPS Hawk engine, more like the RXB230cc. I was going to measure the outside diameter of the exhaust port from the new pipe and go from there - but didn't know if there was a more 'exact' answer.

Old 08-09-2021, 06:38 PM   #2

Just get one for a CRF230F... it'll be easier than trying to search by dimension.

Old 08-09-2021, 08:41 PM   #3

Hey Plump, I wish I had that OHC engine in my bike! Here is what I got for my bike when I put on the aftermarket exhaust...https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MZDNDMH...roduct_details

They may not be the same but it will give you a starting place...they are 40mm and fit probably 20 different Honda motorcycles plus our 229cc Chinabikes.

I just figured it out...Plump Kibbles...translates to Fat Cat. Haha...

Just searched Partzilla and for a CRF230f exhaust gasket is the same part number I have for the Amazon product, so here it is:https://www.partzilla.com/product/ho...836048a2e266ea

Old 08-09-2021, 10:25 PM   #4

Also, when I removed the stock exhaust it almost looked like there was no previous gasket...so I grabbed a flashlight and used this pick tool...and it popped out! I would've swore there wasn't a gasket in there, as it is was the exact same color of the metal around it. Just an FYI.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210809_201721.jpg (44.5 KB, 176 views)

Old 08-10-2021, 07:51 PM   #5

I would, Franque - buuut, when I got other CRF230F parts - shift lever being one; it didn't fit / match the shifting shaft size or teeth at all.. sadly. So I also have an unused JRF Racing brake lever I can't use now either lol The CRF exhaust really did me in though - didn't fit at alllllll... So, I do have a Power Core 2 exhaust, unused, unbolted - for sale!

Stewbash - I actually got the plumpkibbles thing from my very first Xbox gamertag! I autogenerated until I saw something that was at least comical lol but..

THAT is the exact same thing I must be looking at - looks exactly the same..... and if that is - would I even need to change it out?? I have kinda thought about it before, taking it off from trying to fit the other non-fitting pipe a few times.

Only reason I'm asking because I did see if you change out the pipe, might as well change the gasket too - from reading. Buuut, if that's kosher to keep it on, and not have to change it - I'm good with that lol Doesn't look chewed up or anything like it wouldn't seal. Just me being cautious I suppose.

Old 08-10-2021, 11:16 PM   #6

Hey Plump, if that is a crushed gasket...still in there...you really should put a new one on. But...it won't really hurt it to just bolt up your header pipe...just don't crank it on too tight-until you can get a new one on it.

Old 08-10-2021, 11:38 PM   #7

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33041336528.html?

Ali X sells them 2 main sizes smaller 1"/1.3" 24mm/30mm and 1.2"/1.6" 30mm/40mm.

Just searching cg250 exhaust gasket can show up both sizes. they are all mostly the hollow cheap crush type, not a solid a solid copper ring so dont let the colors fool you.

Old 08-10-2021, 11:46 PM   #8

After looking at Xlsior's link, down below I found these-the exact kind that came in the bike stock:https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...%2223416%22%7D

Just an FYI.

Old 08-12-2021, 02:52 AM   #9

Saweet!

Thanks guys!

Stew - I followed the first link from Amazon but was unavailable. Got the part number though, got some coming!

XLsior - Plus one, another AliExpress user lol I also frequent BangGood for my RC stuff, mostly just the 'zon though. I may get some of those too just to have on hand. I did see a few different types through the search as well. Not an overload, but something I haven't gotten to yet.

I'll probably just get a handful of each in the end; just to see if anything is really that much different. I did see some of the copper ring type on Amazon, not crush washer though - or if it was, didn't specify.

Thanks again!

Old 08-16-2021, 10:15 AM   #10

Got everything on! Sounds very aggressive now!! The little 250 has come alive!

+1 for the help on which crush washer to get - saved that order for later. The stock gasket was a little chewed up after all - not too too bad, but I thought I could feel some heat coming from the header pipe.. no leaks now! Should I go back after it cools down and tighten the header bolts a little - settle in the crush washer? Just a random thought.

Go figure it would be raining currently - so I can't take it out to see how much gains I've.. gained

I may post an FYI thread to let others know that this catless pipe from Orion for the RXB250 DOES fit for the X-Pro 250 bikes. You will need to improvise for the muffler. I got a slip on lap joint from the 'Zon - 51mm to 50mm. I'm going to take some thin sheet metal and make a little seal to clamp around to get it closed up all the way.

In any case - still got a Power Core 2 CRF exhaust unused - I will make a thread for that..