Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2021, 02:09 PM   #1

Question The $1k BSR 250 (Vitacci Raven) project begins! Lots of questions inside!

Hello Everyone!

Picked up my first bike this past weekend off FB Marketplace for under $1k, and am super excited to get get this budget build started. It was 'half' assembled by the initial buyer, so I'll have to go over everything already done and then finish it up. Picture of how it currently sits at the bottom. I'm a new (6'2, 190 lb) rider planning to use this 50/50 trail and street.

So first, here are my questions so far:

1) I know this bike goes by the Vitacci Raven, Bashan Raven, and BSR 250. Any other names so I can expand my search. (This would be a great FAQ addition!)

2) On of the front spokes was bent and snapped during transit. Where can I get cheap replacements?

3) That damaged front spoke sadly caught the speedometer cable and stretched it bad during transport. Instead of buying a replacement, can I just get this one and add it to the BSR 250 with some pin adjustment?

4) The previous owner added the acid to the battery but never charged it. Will a cheap float charger like this one work for a first time charge? I also have a jump starter that may work...

5) Based on MegaDan's extremely helpful FAQ thread, I plan to assemble the following items. Am I missing anything?

- Blue loctite or RTV Sealant (<- Rec. by MotoCheez)
- Waterproof grease
- 15w40 oil
- Valve lash measuring tool
- 15w fork oil
- Chain wax

Thanks in advance for your help everyone!

Old 06-15-2021, 02:47 PM   #2

Welcome to the world of China-bikes! You'll find the Bashan BSR250 (the REAL name) an excellent enduro motorcycle with an impeccable reputation for quality, longevity and dependability! You will probably find it starting within seconds, and will idle and run EXCELLENT! I just purchased one for $1250 and the new prices have just been going up and up! Enjoy your awesome find!

Also...nice little Fender Bass and practice amp there!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210604_155510.jpg (57.9 KB, 462 views)

Old 06-20-2021, 10:35 PM   #3

Well, not the lively thread I was hoping for - but that's OK! I've been making some progress and been able to answer some of my own questions. Hopefully this helps someone else and/or drives some input.

1) I know this bike goes by the Vitacci Raven, Bashan Raven, and BSR 250. Any other names so I can expand my search. (This would be a great FAQ addition!)

2) On of the front spokes was bent and snapped during transit. Where can I get cheap replacements? It seems my best option at this point is spokes for $1.50 ea + shipping from CSC. I haven't seen anyone confirm they fit the BSR 250, but I would think that they do.

3) That damaged front spoke sadly caught the speedometer cable and stretched it bad during transport. Instead of buying a replacement, can I just get this one and add it to the BSR 250 with some pin adjustment? Still haven't pulled the trigger on the digital one on eBay, following the other thread to see if there's a better/ cheaper option.

4) The previous owner added the acid to the battery but never charged it. Will a cheap float charger like this one work for a first time charge? I also have a jump starter that may work... The float charger did work, and I ended up having to add in distilled water for some missing acid. So far battery is holding at 12.5V

5) Based on MegaDan's extremely helpful FAQ thread, I plan to assemble the following items. Am I missing anything?

- Blue loctite or RTV Sealant Check
- Waterproof grease Check
- 15w40 oil Check (Rotella T4 is only 12.50 for a gal at Walmart)
- Valve lash measuring tool Check
- 15w fork oil Going to use some MaxLife ATF I already have
- Chain wax Check

I also picked up this jack/stand combo from harbor freight for only $32
after the 20% coupon. Works great so far!

Old 06-21-2021, 12:45 PM   #4

Yeah, the Bashan BSR250 Raven doesn't seem to get a lot of responses, as I don't think they sell the quantities comparable to the Hawk or the Tbr7. It is the Better step-child of the China Bikes though!

As far as the "name" goes, it is a BSR250 that added the "RAVEN" to the plastics as some kind of ornithological reference to the 'Hawk!' Very clever! HAHA, they should have picked the 'Rooster!' It's previous incarnation was the Enforcer. '"Vitacci" has absolutely nothing (as far as manufacturing) to do with this bike as near as I can tell, must have been some kind of marketing ploy Texas Powersports made-up that back-fired! It is not Eye-talian!

I have also been trying to put a digital speedometer together, the problem is the only supplier with the correct wheel speed sensor (that fits most US China Bikes) is sold as a Zanella, for the outrageous price of $95 plus $shipping! OUTRAGEOUS! When you can get the SAME speedometer from Aliexpress for $25 and the wheel speed sensor for $2-$20...the problem is finding one with a 12mm axle hole (they all seem to be 15mm). I actually took off my gear-driven unit out (when I did my fork oil) and it is the same size as member 'Skyd's' Hawk. Just have to find the correct one!

Good job on everything else, and just remember, these posts are also for your benefit...sort of like a diary of what you've done...as well as helping others!

Here is one version of the speedo unit:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...%2316062%23661

Here is the sensor that is the closest, fitment-wise, except for the 15mm axle hole (you would need some kind of spacer):
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...%2316062%23877
Here is one from ALIBABA that says ;Hawk 250' and appears to be correct for $26 with shipping:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...4a6a7408z2rAJ6

Here are some of the measurements (if you can read them):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210618_135818.jpg (44.5 KB, 299 views)
File Type: jpg 20210618_143720.jpg (47.2 KB, 256 views)
File Type: jpg 20210618_144308.jpg (39.7 KB, 283 views)
File Type: jpg 20210618_134821.jpg (24.1 KB, 272 views)
File Type: jpg 20210618_143936.jpg (38.6 KB, 275 views)

Last edited by stewbrash; 06-21-2021 at 05:07 PM.

Old 06-21-2021, 01:52 PM   #5

Here's a couple more:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210618_135252.jpg (34.0 KB, 268 views)
File Type: jpg 20210618_135049.jpg (48.0 KB, 278 views)

Old 06-21-2021, 02:32 PM   #6

While messing around, I found a "Hawk" wheel speed sensor from "Zanella" on Amazon for ONLY $39.99..........OUTRAGEOUS!!!! Even CSC has the decency to only charge $20, but I understand that they're different.
https://www.amazon.com/Zanella-Digit.../dp/B07WWLC3KS

Last edited by stewbrash; 06-24-2021 at 11:34 AM.

Old 06-21-2021, 03:36 PM   #7

Here are some sleeves/spacers I got from Amazon to use if I decided to get some Upside-down-forks, as they seem to only come in 15mm axles. Anyhoo, someone could use these for the wheel speed sensor I posted previously. You would obviously need to cut a couple of millimeters off one of them and possibly hone it out a little, but...:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SN3SFD3...roduct_details
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210621_131108.jpg (37.8 KB, 253 views)
File Type: jpg 20210621_132456.jpg (27.2 KB, 251 views)
File Type: jpg 20210621_130502.jpg (66.6 KB, 246 views)

Old 06-21-2021, 06:34 PM   #8

The model # name if I recall correctly is DB-250-41H or DB-41H-250 as it appears on Roketa's website. They have/had been distributing these for a few years now, and should be a possible parts supplier. https://www.roketa.com/product/produ...=0&proID=59831

The Enforcer name was from a once popular retailer who had come up with the name. They were known as ASPCUSA, and the owner had some issues, and now they are known as SHOPAPMC https://www.shopapmc.com/SPECIAL-202...OUT_p_277.html If I recall, the owner told a member or two that the Enforcer aka BSR 250 is not EPA/DOT legal, but the bike appears on the same EPA/DOT list with several other current and still-legal Bashan dual-sports so I think he might be cut off from the suppliers, or he is trying to discourage people from those bikes due to a grudge of some sort.

The most recent iteration of the bike is through Vitacci who simply rebadge it, although all the paperwork will be 'Bashan'.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-21-2021, 11:31 PM   #9

That certainly clears things up...thanks Culcune!

Old 06-23-2021, 01:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewbrash View Post
Yeah, the Bashan BSR250 Raven doesn't seem to get a lot of responses, as I don't think they sell the quantities comparable to the Hawk or the Tbr7. It is the Better step-child of the China Bikes though!

As far as the "name" goes, it is a BSR250 that added the "RAVEN" to the plastics as some kind of ornithological reference to the 'Hawk!' Very clever! HAHA, they should have picked the 'Rooster!' It's previous incarnation was the Enforcer. '"Vitacci" has absolutely nothing (as far as manufacturing) to do with this bike as near as I can tell, must have been some kind of marketing ploy Texas Powersports made-up that back-fired! It is not Eye-talian!

I have also been trying to put a digital speedometer together, the problem is the only supplier with the correct wheel speed sensor (that fits most US China Bikes) is sold as a Zanella, for the outrageous price of $95 plus $shipping! OUTRAGEOUS! When you can get the SAME speedometer from Aliexpress for $25 and the wheel speed sensor for $2-$20...the problem is finding one with a 12mm axle hole (they all seem to be 15mm). I actually took off my gear-driven unit out (when I did my fork oil) and it is the same size as member 'Skyd's' Hawk. Just have to find the correct one!

Good job on everything else, and just remember, these posts are also for your benefit...sort of like a diary of what you've done...as well as helping others!

Here are some of the measurements (if you can read them):
Thank you for all your help so far stewbrash!

I'm sorry to report I have failed you, and ended up caving and buying the Zanella off Amazon last night. They were running a promo where if you spend $300 in the app you get $25 back, and I already had over $200 worth of car parts for a Tundra I'm restoring. So I'm consoling myself by saying I'm really only out ~$80 for it instead of $105. I also wanted to get something ASAP so I'll have an accurate odomoter on the bike.

But I'll be keeping this info handy as I definitely plan to pick up another chinabike in the future!

Old 06-23-2021, 01:58 PM   #11

Hello, and welcome to the Chonda lifestyle. Unfortunately I dont have anything to add to your questions at this time but I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. Have fun with your new bike.

Old 06-24-2021, 06:09 PM   #12

Head Scratching

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
The Enforcer name was from a once popular retailer who had come up with the name. They were known as ASPCUSA, and the owner had some issues...

Uh, yeah. These dweebs. They tried to rip me off a couple of years ago on one of those Enforcers. In addition to lying to me about having the bike in stock and the fact that'd been shipped (which is pretty easily verified, you know?) the owner -- or at least he said he was the owner -- also tried to tell me that only they had the "real" Enforcer and other Bashan bikes sold by other vendors were fake and not street legal. They also did their very best at ducking my calls when I started following up re: being lied to about my bike shipping. I busted them in the act since they'd ignore me back-to-back-to-back but the instant I called from a different number from another state's area code suddenly they had time to answer the telephone.

I can't help but notice that they don't accept credit cards as payment despite the canned blurb on their web site. You can only pay them by check now? At the time they were trying to bully me into sending them a wire transfer for payment. Yeah, no. I'll bet you they've been blacklisted by every merchant processor on Earth by now for ripping people off. It certainly wouldn't surprise me, those guys are just scammers through and through. They sure didn't want me to be able to charge them back, which is just a crying shame for them because that's what I did.

TL;DR: Don't buy so much as a lug nut from ASPC or whatever they're calling themselves now.

I got an Enforcer from someone else (Safer Wholesale) whose operation also didn't exactly fill me with the warm and fuzzies but at least they actually shipped me my damn bike. And the bike itself has been great, minus the usual Chinese bike points that we all know and love: The stock carb was riveted shut and a complete waste of time, every bolt needed a once-over, the stock tubes were absolutely worthless as was the battery, and the best place for that stupid alarm system/remote start arrangement it comes with is the landfill. But! With nothing but some universal filter foam, one of those cheap eBay CRF230 exhausts, and some fooling with the carb mine will now do a GPS verified 72 MPH (!) given a sufficient run-up on level ground.