Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2008, 04:11 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to KENTEVER
Rear Shock Replace?

Hey I got my new rear sprocket and when I was taking the wheel off my shock popped and came apart. I thought it broke but come to find out it came unscrewed. I dont trust screwing it back together whats to say it wouldnt come off again while riding even with threadlock or something. Its not adjustable and was too soft anyway. I would like to replace it and since I am a little verticaly challenged I though maybe I could just replace it with a shorter shock. It is an 11" could I just put a 10" inch on and lower it a little. Thanx
2005 ROKETA/GOLDEVALE DB-07 200 K&N filter (ebay), Drilled exhaust (me), Biike LCD Speedo (ebay), clip mod (me oh my what a difference that made lol), 15t front 40t rear sprockets (Bruce @ EJcycles hes the man!!) top speed 74 Street Legal!!

Old 04-28-2008, 05:14 PM   #2

Here's what I found on my Roketa. To answer your question, no you can't just put an inch shorter shock in there. That would take almost ALL of your rear travel out of your bike. They only have a few inches of travel in the back as it is.

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...t=shock+roketa

Current Chinabikes: 2023 Titan DLX & 2022 Lifan KP Mini w/ 210cc BRT kit, 22 RWHP!

Old 04-28-2008, 06:27 PM   #3

one thing to note, if Kent's DB-07 is the same as mine (the Rat) then he does not have the linkage system for the shock like you do Red, its a direct bolt to the swingarm.

I also would like to see about lowering the Rat with a shorter rear shock. Need a stiffer spring as well.

The Ratketa Blog

Old 04-28-2008, 06:37 PM   #4

Yeah thats true no linkage on mine just straight bolt on. Any ideas?
2005 ROKETA/GOLDEVALE DB-07 200 K&N filter (ebay), Drilled exhaust (me), Biike LCD Speedo (ebay), clip mod (me oh my what a difference that made lol), 15t front 40t rear sprockets (Bruce @ EJcycles hes the man!!) top speed 74 Street Legal!!

Old 06-27-2008, 08:37 AM   #5

Well I got tired of my bike being apart so I just put the shock back together and put it back on. I was wrong though it only about 9 1/2 inches after putting it back together. After putting some more miles on it the shock is just getting softer and softer it will bottom out fairly easy and im about 180. Anyone have any ideas on a replacement without doing any welding? Not really worried about the ride height just need a better shock Thanx