Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 05:15 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to PorterzCustomz
90 MPH!! on my GY with new MAGIC BOX!!

It's a great day to be a china rider!! I just installed my new stage 3 CDI box and its like a completely different motor!!! All the other mods I did are nothing compared to this one, the power is incredible to say the least. They have 3 stages all have timming advance the last being the most advance over a the full rpm range (unlike most aftermarket boxes that stop at 3,800) and also takes off the rev limiter. The stage 2 is similar timming with a 1,800 rpm limit bump. I was on the highway not even trying to top it out but when I looked down I had just broken 90 mph and decided to cut it back. If it had a larger sprocket or got into it more I bet it could do a tad more.

They said the stage 2 adds around 3-4 hp and the stage 3 is a bit more. Remember the "broke 83 mph" post a few weeks back? This is how it was done apparently when you advance the timming the Lifan motors go wild!! Not only top speed but acceleration is greatly improved!

The magic box goes for around $50 bucks for stage 3, less for stage 2

Old 04-19-2008, 05:17 PM   #2

be careful bro. just because you can do it doesn't mean you should. Just be careful. Don't blow your motor!!!

Old 04-19-2008, 05:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapkin
be careful bro. just because you can do it doesn't mean you should. Just be careful. Don't blow your motor!!!

hey man...is this for real? how hard was it to install? I don't need top end as much as some acceleration for merging.
According to my tac stock redline is 10,500. It was WELL below that with 42 rear at 90 mph. I dident see exactly but it was about 8,000

Yea it is for real, it takes about 1-2 minutes to install. The tech there told me it was completely safe to redline or go a tad above redline on the Lifan and Honda motors. He said they have never had a motor blow and they have sold thousands. Just don't hold it at redline for long periods of time its that simple. I told him about people on here freaking out when I told them I reved mine before the stock limiter and he laughed. He said people don't understand the motors are designed to run at higher rpms the same way streetbikes can rev well over 15 grand.

Old 04-19-2008, 05:35 PM   #4

i've felt my bike had the potential to go faster with more gas or something, but I am mostly interested in better acceleration for merging on the highway.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:51 PM   #5

I figured you of all people would know by now not to believe everything a salesman tells you?

Old 04-19-2008, 06:54 PM   #6

damnit Jim...I'm a doctor...not a philosopher!!!

Old 04-19-2008, 07:05 PM   #7

I expect we'll be hearing of the next china bike weakness from porterz soon.(clutch maybe or trans-we'll see )

Old 04-19-2008, 07:09 PM   #8

dont be dissin' salesmen. i used to sell graves and some of my most satisfied customers havent had a thing to say bad about me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Old 04-19-2008, 07:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapkin
damnit Jim...I'm a doctor...not a philosopher!!!
I was referring to Portez

Old 04-19-2008, 07:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
I figured you of all people would know by now not to believe everything a salesman tells you?
I did not say salesman I said tech. He works on the bikes for their team.

Old 04-19-2008, 07:55 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCheap
I expect we'll be hearing of the next china bike weakness from porterz soon.(clutch maybe or trans-we'll see )
yes, clutch. It's already showing signs of not holding the extra power. It's not a must but you can tell if you go to wheelie that the extra power is stoping it from grabing correctly. They have nice aftermarket clutches for pretty cheap I am going to be ordering one. I rode all day today it was 85 deg. The power shows up even more offroad, I can also wheelie now like crazy and on road at a 20 mph roll.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:39 PM   #12

It does sound interesting though... I am interested in hearing how it holds out...

How high would the bike rev before, and how high is it revving now?

Old 04-19-2008, 08:41 PM   #13

So a better clutch pack with heavier springs should do it.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:53 PM   #14

I ran my GY-5 (stock gearing) up around 80mph and back about three times. After the third run, I though I had spun a bearing or bent a rocker arm... but I was into the 5 digits with my RPMs. Like I say, this was just running up until it quit pulling and then chopping the throttle. Above 70mph the bike was getting kinda' scary, even on a newly paved, flat, clean and smooth surface.
The suspensions on these bikes just aren't up to running at those speeds. I can do 90~100 mph on my Yamaha and barely notice the speed. The Lifan takes a good deal of attention to ride at any kind of speed, should anything happen I think it would be uncontrollable.

Old 04-19-2008, 09:05 PM   #15

My old DR250s used to get into the upper 80's, lower 90's stock. My friend used to ride it (he was a better=read crazier rider than me) and I used to follow him in my 5.0 Capri. That bike could move much stronger than the typical Chinese 200, and I am sure the more comparable Hi-bird 250's. (I miss that bike , even if it didn't have the electric starter that model year)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Closed Thread