Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2020, 08:56 AM   #1

Brozz Stock Exhaust vs Aftermarket

Hi All,

Considering either of the following options and wanted to get opinions:

- stock exhaust with cat removed
vs
- aftermarket exhaust such as this one
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DO6IBLQ/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=A3A5MITE7K35KG&psc=1

Performance: I have read that the full exhaust yields more power. What kind of gains can be had in percentage terms over stock?
What kind of performance increase did the stock exhaust yield when the cat was removed over stock?
Also, does anyone know if other than the cat, is there another baffle inside the Brozz stock exhaust can (rear section)? Because if its just the cat then i would be surprised that the aftermarket yields any more power if both are free-flowing in a similar fashion.

Sound: I have read that the full exhaust is a bit too loud. This is a turn off for me as although i dont mind a little sound such as what i got from drilling 8 small holes in the stock endcap, i dont want obnoxious loud.
Can anyone tell me how much louder it got with the stock exhaust with cat removed in percentage terms?
Now how much louder is the aftermarket?

Fitment: Stock ofcourse wins here with no fitment issues and you can retain the 2 heat shields

I'm leaning towards de-cat of the stock exhaust but if the aftermarket full exhaust is leaps and bounds more power gains then that might be a consideration as long as it can be baffled..

Any other opinions are most welcome, thanks again

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Last edited by tknj99; 11-16-2020 at 09:48 AM.

Old 11-16-2020, 11:29 AM   #2

I don't have any direct experience with the BROZZ so I cannot comment first hand but I do have some opinions. I was watching some U tube last night about hearing protection and motorcycles and hearing loss they said primarily due to wind noise but a loud exhaust cannot help. In fact today I am looking for some good ear plugs as I have a bike with a very loud exhaust. I am not down on loud exhausts, I mean I like the sound but the longer I ride any given day the more if is sort of draining mentally.

I used to think about modifying the stock and aftermarket as an either or but I think I would modify the stock first and if it was good I would stay. Don't throw away the stock if you modify! You can always add the aftermarket and then if the aftermarket is too loud put the stock back on. I know there is a guy on the forum that went back to his stock exhaust. I have seen this link for an aftermarket exhaust that implies it fits better but I don't have any first hand knowledge of how it fits.

https://carcustomonline.com/direct-b...al-sport-bike/

Old 11-16-2020, 11:47 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknj99 View Post

Fitment: Stock ofcourse wins here with no fitment issues and you can retain the 2 heat shields
Let me tell you something about the the heat shield on the header used on the exhaust of these type of chinese enduro...

They all end falling.

The heat shield is retained to exhaust header with two bolts, the material of the heat shield is quite filmsy, with the vibration of the engine, those holes get bigger and bigger till they out grow the bolts...

Old 11-16-2020, 06:59 PM   #4

I put the car customs exhaust on mine. Fitment wasn't awful, but still had to fiddle a bit.
It sounds pretty good.
It is way too loud for my taste and I often regret doing it.
The old exhaust I could sneak around in the woods and sneak up on wildlife, and also not exactly alert anyone to my presence. Not happening in the slightest with the aftermarket.
There is a power gain, and it is noticeable, but I dont think the trade for how loud it is was worth it.
It was actually much louder than I anticipated and the youtube videos with the guys that have done it, I feel just how much louder it is isn't translated onto the videos.
I will say the quality of the metal piping seems better than the stock exhaust, and it looks better. I personally didn't care for the chrome heat shields on the stock exhaust.
I dont absolutely hate it, but it gets tiring on long rides, and anyone around is going to hear it.

Old 11-16-2020, 07:09 PM   #5

On my brozz it sounded good, but was too loud imo. Annoyingly loud really. I've since decided I prefer quiet.

Old 11-22-2020, 09:23 AM   #6

To circle back on this thread and provide an update:
I decided to buy this full exhaust and ran into the fitment issues discussed online, but was able to install it easily nonetheless.
Tip: use an angle grinder to notch out the edge of one of the flange holes while keeping the other hole intact. Much easier than drilling and only takes seconds.
I am super happy with the decision.. the exhaust sounds great, not too loud in my opinion, but just right. After hearing the whisper quiet stock exhaust, this makes the bike feel so much better not just in sound but also the performance gains are quite substantial. I think others have metioned 2-3 horsepower and i would agree with that based on the increased mid-range pull, feels like at least 20% increase in overall power. And for $88 its a no-brainer. nothing to lose.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DO6IBLQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201120_171719_resized.jpg (117.5 KB, 249 views)

Old 11-22-2020, 10:38 PM   #7

No way it's two to three horsepower.

Old 11-23-2020, 09:51 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwowzer View Post
No way it's two to three horsepower.
Paired with the airbox snorkel removed and a 115 main jet, its definitely something, and like i said 20% is an approximation and probably close to accurate, and if thats the case, it would fall within the 2-3hp range.. but ofcourse without a dyno its just speculation and i can only refer back to others posting similar experiences as well as the exhaust specifications claiming: 2-5 HP Increase

Old 11-25-2020, 11:03 PM   #9

Well, I think you may have gained 2-3 hp maybe.
But removing that restrictive rubber intake and rejetting the carb, especially, probably gained most of what you are feeling in sensible power.
The carb rejetting probably gaining you the most.
The exhaust I'd say gains 1 hp at the most.
I did the exhaust after I'd already deleted the stock runner intake and added a new carb. Not much difference other than being obnoxious.
The removal of that intake rubber and a carb rejet gained the most IME