Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2020, 10:31 AM   #1

Hello all new member and just ordered a tao tbr7

Hello from Arizona, New member here and I just ordered a Tao Tao Tbr7 on the 26th from TXpowersports.
I Have been a bike rider and racer for over 45 years. I have owned many dirt and street bikes over the years. Back in 1999 I bought my (then 9 year old) son a china atv ( Yamoto 150) to mess around on and it always ran great.
So we bought our daughter a china 50cc atv and both of them gave us many years of fun and dependable service. They both eventually graduated to honda's and kawasaki's.
After getting the itch to ride an enduro again, I have had no luck finding a cheap bike from the big four manufacturers . So I found a youtube video of a hawk 250 and after finding this web forum and much research I decided to give
a China bike a try. I really liked the Bashan storm but they were all out of stock online and local dealer in Mesa,AZ wanted $2600 out the door for one.
I wanted to put it together myself so I can go over all the fasteners and fluids.
So I ended up with a Tao Tao tbr7 from TXpowersports.
Do any of you know how long they take to actually ship the bike, from past experience ?

Old 10-30-2020, 11:06 AM   #2

Congrats on the new Bike and welcome to the forum!
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 10-30-2020, 08:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktbaja View Post
Hello from Arizona, New member here and I just ordered a Tao Tao Tbr7 on the 26th from TXpowersports.
I Have been a bike rider and racer for over 45 years. I have owned many dirt and street bikes over the years. Back in 1999 I bought my (then 9 year old) son a china atv ( Yamoto 150) to mess around on and it always ran great.
So we bought our daughter a china 50cc atv and both of them gave us many years of fun and dependable service. They both eventually graduated to honda's and kawasaki's.
After getting the itch to ride an enduro again, I have had no luck finding a cheap bike from the big four manufacturers . So I found a youtube video of a hawk 250 and after finding this web forum and much research I decided to give
a China bike a try. I really liked the Bashan storm but they were all out of stock online and local dealer in Mesa,AZ wanted $2600 out the door for one.
I wanted to put it together myself so I can go over all the fasteners and fluids.
So I ended up with a Tao Tao tbr7 from TXpowersports.
Do any of you know how long they take to actually ship the bike, from past experience ?
A few of us are doing the Wickenburg ride next Sat if you get your bike up and running by then join us.

Old 10-30-2020, 08:38 PM   #4

Welcome! Link to the Wickenberg ride:

http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...257#post348257

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-30-2020, 08:50 PM   #5

Welcome! I ordered my Hawk way back when (five years ago, I think) from TXPowersports too. I ordered it on a Monday afternoon (while playing blackjack in Las Vegas, of all strange circumstances), and it was at my place in Georgia the following Thursday. I've since moved out here to Arizona, so I don't know what the lead times are to get out here. Keep us posted on the process! Like mentioned previously, if you get it and get it put together in time, come on out and ride with us on Saturday the 7th.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 10-31-2020, 09:17 AM   #6

Hiya.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 11-01-2020, 07:31 PM   #7

Thanks for the replies , I have not heard from TXPowersports since I paid them on the 26th.
Is this there normal business practice?

Old 11-02-2020, 09:27 AM   #8

Update , I finale received an Email stating my tbr7 has shipped. So I guess now I might get it in 7 days.
Has anyone had any trouble getting them plated in Arizona?

Old 11-02-2020, 06:36 PM   #9

I know that there are a few Hawks and Brozz's floating around here in AZ. I didn't have any trouble getting my Hawk registered out here, but I brought it in from Georgia already titled and plated, they just had to transfer the registration over. I'm sure the offer to come on the ride Saturday is still open, if you get it
delivered and put together ok. Keep us posted, and we'll be happy to offer guidance and help wherever you need it.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 11-02-2020, 08:20 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktbaja View Post
Update , I finale received an Email stating my tbr7 has shipped. So I guess now I might get it in 7 days.
Has anyone had any trouble getting them plated in Arizona?
No trouble whats so ever in AZ. I went to a third party DMV. I didn't even have the bike put together yet and got the title and registration with no issues. years ago i bought a 125cc from PeP Boys and that was allot of effort. Pep Boys wasn't prepared to handle the paper work correctly back then. But after many trips to the store and DMV I finally got it legal.

Old 11-03-2020, 12:50 AM   #11

Thanks for the replies guys. I will keep board posted on my progress with TXpowersports and the TBR7.

Old 11-04-2020, 10:11 AM   #12

Update. My bike is at the SAIA shipping dock in Tucson Arizona, Its getting close to me, hope it is delivered in net couple of days.

Old 11-06-2020, 01:01 AM   #13

As I stated here is an up date on the Tbr7. Well I went to Tucson and picked up my Tbr7 at SAIA shipping dock because I did not want to wait around all day waiting on them to deliver.
Got it home and unpackaged it to find some disappointing damage, upper triple tree gauged and scraped from upper crete brace that moved in shipping ,heavy scratches to rear wheel , left side cover and top of grab handles. I did not notice any other damage yet.
It is a 2021 model and has 15/46 gearing with a 428 chain size. I was glad to see it came with an AGM fully charged battery. It also has rear disk brakes.
I will start to assemble tomorrow and change all the fluids .
I will post pictures if I can figure out how to to it.