Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2008, 10:09 AM   #1

Pit bike question

I am new to pit-bikes , obviously .

My question is :

What is acceptable chain rubb on the swingarm guide with the bike standing alone with no rider on ? My Beast Build bike chain doesn't touch the guard at all while standing alone . I have seen bikes on the internet where they not only touch the swingarm guard, but they appear to have quite a significant bend in the chain , looks to be a couple inches ? I understand when you mount the bike, most of that disappears , but , when you jump its going to ride that guard singnificantly too .
I want to raise the hieght of the rear end of my bike a bit , but I am not really into getting taller shocks , because this makes the chain rubb the guard even more . I am thinking of going as high as I can with the suspension as it is, then possibly welding up the rear-end of the frame to gain the hight I need . Basically re-fabricating the tail section up two inches instead of making that swingarm pivot extremely hard and rubbing the guard so heavilly . Being new to pit-bikes , what do you think they should look like sitting alone without rider ? Do they all touch the guard on the swingarm, and is a little bend in the chain ok ? I am used to full size dirtbikes and they don't have this issue . I want as little rubb on that guard as possible is my thinking ?????
Any ideas would be appreciated here , I just don't know about these bikes ?
Thanks , sincerely, Kelly5150

Old 04-12-2008, 06:30 PM   #2

Well ?

Well, I am an impatient guy , so I refabricated a new mount for the exhisting shock . I am surprised nobody is willing to help me on this one, but oh well, trial and error now , hope it works. It does rubb the guard a bit, but is off the guard when I mount the bike . I wasn't willing to cut the tail-end off and re-weld it back higher, so I fabricated a steel moun that fits the frame in the original mount , then comes out another two inches and bolted all that together . Its way too strong, but that's ok too . It accomplished what I wanted , just hope it rides nice whenever my freekin motor gets here .

Thanks for the advice and help ? Blah blah blah .

Cheers, Kelly5150

Old 04-12-2008, 06:31 PM   #3

A picture would have been worth thousands of your words...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-12-2008, 08:56 PM   #4

Culcune

Culcune ,
do you ever stop ?
Your on a roll today man .

I will post you a picture . Not sure when now of course . But I am not sure if it will be of the bike now 8O . Could be flowers , or protesters maybe , or just a nice photo of me ? Whatever picture I post I will surely add 1,000 words to the picture just for you though . Trust me on that one .

Cheerios , Kelly5150 out

PS .. Don't eat the brown snow , it doesn't taste like chocolate , I know this to be fact .