Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2020, 08:10 PM   #1

supermach crt125cc spindle\steering knuckle

i rolled my kids quad. i know, dont drink and drive lol. where the tie tod connects to the spindle, there is a plate welded on with a hole for the tie rod end. that bent and i fixed it with a hammer. seems ok, but im afraid i weakened the weld and want to replace it. my dilema is this. directly on the other side, there is another plate welded on that fits into a slot on the rear of the drum brake, essentially holding it in place. when you disconnect the tie rod, and take off wheel center bolt, the whole drum comes right off. would it stay in place without that extra plate? regardless,
i searched long and hard online and haven't seen anything close to similar. if i cant find this, which would suck because its a 2019 make and parts shouldnt be that hard to find,...what next? can i get new spindles for the front 2 tires and get new wheels with a different drum setup? i'm not a mechanic. but im a carpenter and very mechanically inclined. i can figure shit out quick or learn how to do it. kids 1st quad. just added 2 inch wheel spacers. can tune a carb somewhat. do basic repairs. but this one stumps me somewhat. its my first chinese quad, so i'll probably be here a lot looking for advice. i appreciate any response at all thanks. Name:  20200628_071753.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  98.0 KB

Name:  20200628_092251.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  94.4 KB

Name:  20200628_094900.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  95.3 KB