Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2020, 01:53 AM   #1

Head Scratching is there a sprocket thread? Apollo DB36

have not found any real sprocket sources on here yet, the Apollo DB36 uses the popular Zongshen 223cc motor with a 520 series chain and sprockets

I want to upgrade my chain to a better RK X ring chain and go with a 1 tooth larger front sprocket and maybe drop 2 teeth on the rear, I live in Texas and not being able to do 70 on the hwy is a bit scary...65 mph is OK and can almost get it to 70 if I duck down

I have a 6Sigma jet kit to install so hoping that might help with top end power as it does stumble on occasion

any help would be appreciated

Old 05-10-2020, 07:05 AM   #2

Not sure you can go larger on the front. It is a 530 chain. So it is pretty big. One tooth larger may hit the case. There are 2 companies that have been mentioned on here to buy rear sprockets from. Both will custom make them. Not as expensive as you think. I got a rear 45 tooth for around $70 total. And it was fast. I will include a link that will get you to a parts supplier that has all kinds of parts that fit your bike. They have sprockets for front and rear. Keep in mind of clearances when you change sprockets. Check and re-check that the chain does not rub on something it is'nt supposed to. You will have to check with the suspension fully extended and compressed. http://store.orionmotors.nl//index.p...sort=2a&page=8
They have tons of stuff. They sell parts for several bikes. Just make really sure that whatever you look at will fit your model.

Where I got my rear sprocket made: https://www.shop.pbisprockets.com/pr...&categoryId=56

Old 05-10-2020, 07:56 AM   #3

awesome..thanks

I havent looked under the sprocket cover yet to see the clearance

I thought this bike was a 530 style chain but nothing in the manual and depending on which seller, they say either 520 0r 530

seems like an OK chain, all my nuts were marked with black ink and nothing has come loose yet, only issue I had was the first ride where the chain came off after about 10 feet once I got it put together and it that broke the rar part of the chain guard

pretty stout looking chain and sprockets so seems like Apollo makes a decent bike

suspension is very harsh but donr really plan to ride this supermoto in the dirt too much, I have a DRZ400 for that

again, thanks for the link, I saw the Netherlands link when I was researching the bike, kinda stupid trying to get OEM parts in the USA, I bought my bike from TXPowerSports but already bought spare cables from Orion out of Dallas, I like it that CSC atleast carries spares for their bikes

about your nickname...I Have a Honda CB1000 that is black and red so I have an OEM Honda jacket and helmet with the logos and I am sure people think the bike is a Honda, it does get compliments and I thought about putting the Honda emblems on just to eff with people

again...thx for the links

Tags
apollo db36, apollo rx250