Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2020, 09:20 AM   #1

Pz30 pilot jets

I’m having trouble finding a set of pilot jets for a pz30 carb that’s on my tbr7.
Any suggestions? I thought I read that it can be drilled out to accept a standard keihin pilot jet. Let me know what you guys do to tune these carbs.
Thanks

Old 05-07-2020, 12:43 PM   #2

https://sites.google.com/site/motocheez/brozz-250

Old 05-07-2020, 02:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
Thanks, are you suggesting to replace the carb all together? I found a picture of the slow jet I need. I hope the picture shows up.

Old 05-07-2020, 03:17 PM   #4

no. on that web site there are jet packages offered on amazon for PZ30's

Old 05-07-2020, 03:18 PM   #5

Didn’t work, so I’ll try again to post a picture. The jet I need is the one on the top
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6ABDDCD1-4F2B-4512-83B2-7B36503AE2DA.jpg (6.0 KB, 1390 views)

Old 05-07-2020, 03:28 PM   #6

drill out the jet

Old 05-07-2020, 03:54 PM   #7

This is likely those you seek. To be sure match it up. I always measure to be sure and then there is thread pitch but sometimes you take a leap of faith if all else looks good.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Keihin-Carb...EAAOSw~qNZfXSN

Old 05-07-2020, 04:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by China Rider 27 View Post
This is likely those you seek. To be sure match it up. I always measure to be sure and then there is thread pitch but sometimes you take a leap of faith if all else looks good.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Keihin-Carb...EAAOSw~qNZfXSN
Thank you! They look exactly like the ones I need! I will verify dimensions first.

Old 05-07-2020, 06:41 PM   #9

Those are unique to chinese carb jets, which is why you couldn't find them at other sources. Keihin never made a jet like that for their carbs.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-08-2020, 12:44 AM   #10

I have 1 I can’t ship currently so pointless to advertise anything for sale

Old 05-08-2020, 12:48 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
drill out the jet
Long ago I suggested that n got hammered for saying so, I also sold kits for first tunes n got assholes for showing n saying etc
Can’t please people with facts it seems
I was doing kits for most all these bikes to tune n gear up etc but sales got super slow m opinion was “buy a minkuni car” which imo is kinda pointless
Currently no shipping at low price so pointless to do anything

Old 05-08-2020, 06:10 AM   #12

Nz, I can't fathom why anyone would have anything against drilling out the jets. You are correct, shipping is impossible rn. I've ordered those pilot jets in march and the tracking info has been stuck on " origin post has recieved package and is processing". Just drill it out if you have the bits.

Old 05-08-2020, 07:03 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
Long ago I suggested that n got hammered for saying so, I also sold kits for first tunes n got assholes for showing n saying etc
Can’t please people with facts it seems
I was doing kits for most all these bikes to tune n gear up etc but sales got super slow m opinion was “buy a minkuni car” which imo is kinda pointless
Currently no shipping at low price so pointless to do anything
May be suboptimal, but we are not building a piano, are we?

If the current pilot is a #34, the OP could assume it is .34mm in diameter, but better would be to buy an entire set of wire guage drill bits (letter sizes) and a chuck. Start with the smallest drill and insert into the jet until you find one that will not go. Mount that up in the chuck, and using fingers twirl the chuck, and drill out the jet. Do the math and figure out the drill diameter in mm.

When I do this, for myself and others that follow, I take a file and put a line through the jet size stamping so I know at least that the jet has been drilled.

Old 05-08-2020, 08:32 AM   #14

I agree that drilling would be just fine. I know these carbs are not a Swiss watch. I got too impatient to try the correct method of drilling and used a welding tip cleaning file. And you guessed it....too big. Now my jet is way over sized and is too rich. I ordered the jet kit suggested from eBay. But according to rocket tests I’m going to be stuck for longer than a few weeks. I should have done more research on these jets before I got stupid. One thought I had to get me by till they ship would be to solder the jet closed, then drill with the numbered drill. If my research is correct it would take a #78 drill bit to achieve a #42 jet. Let me know if you guys know otherwise.

Old 05-08-2020, 08:53 AM   #15

Jets R Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larky View Post
I agree that drilling would be just fine. I know these carbs are not a Swiss watch. I got too impatient to try the correct method of drilling and used a welding tip cleaning file. And you guessed it....too big. Now my jet is way over sized and is too rich. I ordered the jet kit suggested from eBay. But according to rocket tests I’m going to be stuck for longer than a few weeks. I should have done more research on these jets before I got stupid. One thought I had to get me by till they ship would be to solder the jet closed, then drill with the numbered drill. If my research is correct it would take a #78 drill bit to achieve a #42 jet. Let me know if you guys know otherwise.
If you contact Mike with Jetsrus.com he will help you find the right jet. I did this with my Mikuni VM26 Flange mount. Take a photo of each jet and make measurements on length, diameter of thread, and that this is for a PZ30; which he may never heard of but persist.

He then picks out what he thinks it is and sends photos and measurements back. The process worked for me. He ships quickly and I have always received my jets in 2 days.

These flange mount carbs are common on Chinese bikes and some old English bikes, but are not common to the rest of the bike carb world. I had to go thru some explanation with Mike and also had conversations with the US Mikuni importer...who had never heard of them.

Orion RXB 150XL