Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2020, 04:32 PM   #1

TBR7 front forks

Got my tbr7 2 weeks ago and put a few tanks through it now, was playing off road and dropped it and the bars/forks got out of alignment. Thought I had it all squared away and went out a little more today and it still didn't feel right so when I came home I tore it all apart and found that one of my forks had bent a little bit as well as the front axle bolt has a slight bend in it. Anyone have ideas for aftermarket forks that would fit? I like the bike and new it wasn't top quality but it seems like the fork bent way easier than it should have. I was in first gear when I dropped it and none of the plastic including the hand guards broke so I cant imagine I hit hard enough to bend the forks?

Old 04-26-2020, 02:15 PM   #2

bump

Old 04-26-2020, 02:22 PM   #3

If it we're me I'd go to a bike junk yard and buy the entire front end from another bike, wheel and all. You'd most likely need to rebuild the seals and repace wheel bearings.
There isn't really any other jap bike which uses that thin of a front axle so you'd need everything from the donor bike. The only other option would be to buy the OEM parts.

Old 04-26-2020, 03:06 PM   #4

Sometimes it isn't how fast or hard you crash but what or how the bike crashes. My first hawk got stuffed under a truck by a friend at 25mph and all it did was scratch the front fender and break one side plastic.

Second time it got laid down the front wheel went into a pot hole at like 10 mph. completely folded up the front rim.

As far as forks go, there are a ton of options out there for fork swaps, but none will be cheap.

If you want to stick with a 19 inch front wheel, then what would likely be the easiest swap would be thecomplete front end from a Brozz Blue Eagle/Recon with the USD forks. You would need the complete triple assembly, both forks, front wheel, brake rotor, axle, and all spacers/speed sensors.

If you went that route you would be spending around $400 if you order through Brozz250.com and you would want to order all of the Blue Eagle parts.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 04-27-2020, 09:29 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket tests View Post
If it we're me I'd go to a bike junk yard and buy the entire front end from another bike, wheel and all. You'd most likely need to rebuild the seals and repace wheel bearings.
There isn't really any other jap bike which uses that thin of a front axle so you'd need everything from the donor bike. The only other option would be to buy the OEM parts.
Would any front end work on this wouldn't you run into issues with sizing where the tripple tree mounts? Shit if anything will work I'm willing to go take a look haha

Old 04-27-2020, 09:41 AM   #6

Dude,

Hit up www.partskit.com

https://partskit.com/product/search/...Front%20End%0D

Replacement forks are $83, get a new front axle bolt etc., its all there.

Old 04-27-2020, 09:41 AM   #7

Since this bike is a knockoff of the Honda crf230, I would start there. It wouldn't be cheap for new parts but you might find a rolling chassis for sale. Get some calipers and start comparing parts.

Old 04-27-2020, 09:42 AM   #8

Measure everything. The critical dimensions are: steering stem diameter/length, steering head bearing seat diameter (the diameter of the cups into which the bearings are pressed), and whether the forks will hit the tank.

Length of the forks are important, too. If this sounds complicated, which it admittedly is, get the help of someone more mechanically inclined, or possibly consider finding a rolling chassis to swap the running gear, as there's a good chance lathe work will be involved in swapping the front end. Swapping the motor into an XR200 rolling chassis, for example, would be a lot easier.

Old 04-27-2020, 09:45 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpman3 View Post
Since this bike is a knockoff of the Honda crf230, I would start there. It wouldn't be cheap for new parts but you might find a rolling chassis for sale. Get some calipers and start comparing parts.
This isn't a knockoff of a CRF230. There isn't really much in common between this bike and a CRF. The chassis is similar (I think) to an XL185 made to work with a monoshock, the suspension is whatever cheap that's available, and the motor is a CG125 clone, so pushrod, not OHC.

Old 04-27-2020, 03:20 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by franque View Post
This isn't a knockoff of a CRF230. There isn't really much in common between this bike and a CRF. The chassis is similar (I think) to an XL185 made to work with a monoshock, the suspension is whatever cheap that's available, and the motor is a CG125 clone, so pushrod, not OHC.
No, but these bikes do use a very common size of steering stem bearing used on almost every off road Honda motorcycle in the last 40 years. It does lend itself to potentially easier than usual fork swaps. The steering stem length being the only real variable.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 04-27-2020, 03:40 PM   #11

I wasn't comparing engines. The basic bike itself is close enough that some parts are close enough to be considered. If you've seen the new honda nx160 only available overseas, it is a twinkies to the tbr7.