Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2020, 04:07 PM   #1

Apollo 250 delivered damaged

Well I finally got the bike today but of course my excitement was dashed when I grabbed the throttle and found the housing damaged beyond repair. I ordered it assembled and and checked the packaging around the entire bike and it was perfect. What caused the damage was the way Orion set it up on the pallet. They got it secured straight up and down they then put 2x4's under each grip down to the pallet. And that was the end of that. Of course I signed for it before noticing it so I'm SOL on getting it replaced by them.
Now I'm having trouble finding a replacement as its not listed on the website. Any help there would be appreciated. Thanks, Dean

Old 04-10-2020, 05:25 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alollo Dean View Post
Well I finally got the bike today but of course my excitement was dashed when I grabbed the throttle and found the housing damaged beyond repair. I ordered it assembled and and checked the packaging around the entire bike and it was perfect. What caused the damage was the way Orion set it up on the pallet. They got it secured straight up and down they then put 2x4's under each grip down to the pallet. And that was the end of that. Of course I signed for it before noticing it so I'm SOL on getting it replaced by them.
Now I'm having trouble finding a replacement as its not listed on the website. Any help there would be appreciated. Thanks, Dean
What is the exact damaged part? I have an apollo as well. Sorry if I missed it. Did you say throttle assembly? The whole thing is broken? The controls and everything?? If so I have had the same thing to be when winds knocked over my bike. My right controller were broken loose, so I had to order a new one. Would love to help you. I'm happy your bike came in but bummer about the shipping.

Old 04-10-2020, 05:49 PM   #3

Don’t give up on getting them to replace it ,take pictures and document it ,they have more to lose than the cost of a replacement part ,and they should try to help you out .

Old 04-10-2020, 06:36 PM   #4

Yes as Bruces said contact Orion, they shouldn't have a problem sending you a new control. I've bought bikes from several of the online dealers, and never had a problem getting a replacement part.

Old 04-10-2020, 07:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet51 View Post
Yes as Bruces said contact Orion, they shouldn't have a problem sending you a new control. I've bought bikes from several of the online dealers, and never had a problem getting a replacement part.
I've emailed them and got a quick reply asking if when I signed for did I note that damage, nope, didn't see it. A little later I called and talked to tech support and he basically said I'm screwed. So I looked for it on their website and it's not there. Called them back he said it's not there it's in their catalog, email us with a picture and I'll get back to you. Of course I haven't heard from them.
The part I need is the plastic housing that has the on off, starting and light switches on it. Also I just noticed the twist part where the throttle cable attaches to is broke too. At this point I would just like to order the whole thing and get it on the road. Orion will just not get any more of my business or referrals.
Thanks again for any help in finding the parts I need.

Old 04-10-2020, 07:06 PM   #6

Quote:
I've emailed them and got a quick reply asking if when I signed for did I note that damage, nope, didn't see it. A little later I called and talked to tech support and he basically said I'm screwed. So I looked for it on their website and it's not there. Called them back he said it's not there it's in their catalog, email us with a picture and I'll get back to you. Of course I haven't heard from them.
The part I need is the plastic housing that has the on off, starting and light switches on it. Also I just noticed the twist part where the throttle cable attaches to is broke too. At this point I would just like to order the whole thing and get it on the road. Orion will just not get any more of my business or referrals.
Thanks again for any help in finding the parts I need.
You didn't reply to what said but yes that's the same part that broke on my bike. Since they are saying youre screwed you might have to order another one. Sucks that it cost me $57 but I needed it. I jerry rigged the old one until the new part came in. Here is the link for the exact part. You can try to find elsewhere but it will be very hard.
http://store.orionmotors.nl//product...oducts_id=2553 good luck

Old 04-10-2020, 07:49 PM   #7

It is some scary business trying to figure which seller won't stick it in ya and break it off.
In the short time I have been here I have emailed a pile of them and only 2 have given me a warm fuzzy the rest gave me the impression that I needed to run like hell the other direction. I guess since they know they'll never see us they just don't give a rat's @22 as long as they get their money. One day maybe they'll get their plow cleaned for em and decide they can be fair and honest and still make a living. No, No, that don't work on greed does it?

Old 04-10-2020, 09:17 PM   #8

I've dealt with/contacted three dealers mentioned on here (Powersportsmax, Venom, and Shopapmc.com) and they've all been polite and very responsive. Powersportsmax (where I bought my Hawk) have so far been great. I recommend them based on my experience.

Old 04-10-2020, 09:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloChinaRider View Post
You didn't reply to what said but yes that's the same part that broke on my bike. Since they are saying youre screwed you might have to order another one. Sucks that it cost me $57 but I needed it. I jerry rigged the old one until the new part came in. Here is the link for the exact part. You can try to find elsewhere but it will be very hard.
http://store.orionmotors.nl//product...oducts_id=2553 good luck
I apologize for not answering a specific question please let me know what it was, thank you. And thanks a lot for the link, that's exactly what I need now if I can just figure out how to order it!

Old 04-10-2020, 09:51 PM   #10

Again, I appreciate any and all the help you guys have to offer. Maybe a little about me will help.
I'm 57 and have a history of riding off road including racing motocross but that was a long time ago. All I'm looking to do these days is chilling and riding the back roads in NW Oregon and hitting some Offroad stuff when it's there.
Again, I'd like to thank e everyone who's replied so far and look forward to sharing this Chinese bike life thing because so far I'm loving it and I haven't even gone a ride yet.

Old 04-10-2020, 10:57 PM   #11

My bike from Orion came assembled and damaged and it was crystal clear that the damage was there BEFORE they ( Orion) packed it on the crate and shipped it out.
They absolutely refused to cover the damage, they said it was FedEx’s fault but the damage was UNDER the tape that Orion used to secure a box on the seat.

Old 04-10-2020, 10:57 PM   #12

Quote:
I apologize for not answering a specific question please let me know what it was, thank you. And thanks a lot for the link, that's exactly what I need now if I can just figure out how to order it!
No youre all good! Just wanted to make sure I was talking about the exact part. I ordered it from them. Its a bit different. You have to make an account order it put it in your cart then they will email you with paypal instructions. Seems like a lot but it takes only a few minutes! While you wait , if youre like me youll want to ride too badly haha! So I rigged it until part arrive. Hope you get it figured out!

Old 04-10-2020, 11:16 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloChinaRider View Post
What is the exact damaged part? I have an apollo as well. Sorry if I missed it. Did you say throttle assembly? The whole thing is broken? The controls and everything?? If so I have had the same thing to be when winds knocked over my bike. My right controller were broken loose, so I had to order a new one. Would love to help you. I'm happy your bike came in but bummer about the shipping.
Sir, I am in a desperate state, if there's anything you can advise to lead me to being able to order that specific part I would so appreciate it. I searched Orion with that part number and simply couldn't find it. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Old 04-10-2020, 11:48 PM   #14

Quote:
Sir, I am in a desperate state, if there's anything you can advise to lead me to being able to order that specific part I would so appreciate it. I searched Orion with that part number and simply couldn't find it. Thanks for any help you can offer.
Click the link I posted to you and takes you directly to the page with the items. From there click add to cart then follow instructions from there. It was weird when I first saw it but it all checks out. You won't find the part anywhere else besides there unfortunately. Let know if ordering is working out for you, I'm happy to help further!

Old 04-11-2020, 01:47 PM   #15

This work?

https://www.ebay.com/i/351516116851?...hoCoBsQAvD_BwE

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350