Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2020, 07:12 AM   #1

Pardue Brothers electrical wiring

Hello,

I stumbled across this from the "Random Photos". It is from 2014 and I thought it should be brought to the surface again.

Several members communicated back and forth with the Purdues (Jon I think) and they have some great products for putting Honda clone engines into old Hondas that would also apply to many Chinese bikes.

Here is their site: https://parduebrothers.com/about/

I am interested in putting a Piranna or Lifan into a C70 (passport), so this is of great interest to me. I would do a CT90 (Trail 90), but they are getting to be too expensive; even in poor condition. CT70's are often still cheap on Craigslist.

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 03-22-2020, 10:29 AM   #2

The CT90/110 have 2 mounting bolts as do the clone engines but the frame is wider and the lower hole is about an inch out of place. I believe the C50/70/90 and CT70 frame is the correct width and the holes are in the correct location. Some frame trimming may be required depending on which clone engine is used.

Old 03-22-2020, 10:34 AM   #3

Dratv..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
Goob you might want to take a look at a web site called DRATV.com they have a lot of parts for what you want to do to a C70. The 90cc engines require a adapter mount to use the two bolt honda style engines as the 90s use three bolts.
Thanks.

I bought from DRATV a bunch when I had a Trail 90. Wish I hadn't sold it. Back then, 2001, you could buy/sell a nice one with around 1000 miles on it for $1000. Now they are $2000-$2500.

The dude that runs DRATV isn't the most helpful person. I learned not to count on any meaningful communication, but they always had the right parts at a reasonable price and delivered quickly.

One of the best bikes I ever have had. 120 mpg in town. Dual range transmission. Could make 50 mph in 4th high range (in Denver). My favorite small bike, though, was a CB125S. 70 mph (easily...but this was in Ohio), 100 mpg.

Orion RXB 150XL