Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2020, 03:31 PM   #1

WInd knocked over apollo

Hey guys does anyone know where I can buy a new throttle assembly? the whole part with the kill switch and everything for the apollo? Buffalo has crazy high winds right now and it knocked my new bike over. No other damage besides the throttle side. the housing with the throttle cable and killswitch has a piece that broke inside and now it no longer firmly grips the bike, when i turn the throttle everything including the switch turns, im beyond annoyed. I was just gonna put the bike in the garage and less than 5 minutes later the wind knocked it over. Thanks for any help!

Old 03-13-2020, 03:59 PM   #2

https://www.orionpowersports.com/apo...tton-assembly/

Old 03-13-2020, 04:01 PM   #3

Damn Buff... sorry to hear that brother

Old 03-13-2020, 04:16 PM   #4

I was just gonna by the $50 part you linked then I figured something out! When it fell, a plastic pin with a screw in it broke off. So I'm gonna try to put a small screen back in and see it it fits the small hole on the handle bar! I'll fix it later and let Yous know tomorrow how it goes! Thank you and KOQ I know man I was so mad, I heard the super loud bang from inside my house.

Old 03-13-2020, 04:44 PM   #5

Right on, I almost suggested a fix like the one you mentioned, I just wasn't sure how bad it was. I'd put a small screw in there and coat said screw in jb weld for even more strength. Hope the fix works out for you, I know I'd be bummed if that happened to me.

Old 03-13-2020, 04:44 PM   #6

and thats wy i am thankful i have a walk out unfinished basement LOL my bike stays in there during the windy seasons out here... its windy as all get out in Rochester as well bro... hope the fix works for you....

Old 03-13-2020, 05:32 PM   #7

Just in case.......http://store.orionmotors.nl//product...oducts_id=2553

Old 03-13-2020, 10:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloChinaRider View Post
Hey guys does anyone know where I can buy a new throttle assembly? the whole part with the kill switch and everything for the apollo? Buffalo has crazy high winds right now and it knocked my new bike over. No other damage besides the throttle side. the housing with the throttle cable and killswitch has a piece that broke inside and now it no longer firmly grips the bike, when i turn the throttle everything including the switch turns, im beyond annoyed. I was just gonna put the bike in the garage and less than 5 minutes later the wind knocked it over. Thanks for any help!
Get some decent hand guards with the metal support bars it may have saved this damage? and if you ever take it off road a simple lay over will not break the clutch or brake lever which is a pitta when it happens on a trail.

Sorry to hear your bike got damaged.

Old 03-13-2020, 10:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its_not_a_honda View Post
Thanks honda. I just ordered it as a just in case...I'll jerry rig it for the time being (apologies Jerry) im gonna do the simple fix tomorrow and when the new part comes In I'll swap it....also keep my bike indoors from now on. My bike 2 years ago got knocked over by wind too.

Old 03-13-2020, 10:48 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsstag View Post
Get some decent hand guards with the metal support bars it may have saved this damage? and if you ever take it off road a simple lay over will not break the clutch or brake lever which is a pitta when it happens on a trail.

Sorry to hear your bike got damaged.
Thanks! I have hand guards and I took them off to modify something then this happens haha live and learn. Small break but could have been orevented for sure.

Old 03-13-2020, 10:49 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
and thats wy i am thankful i have a walk out unfinished basement LOL my bike stays in there during the windy seasons out here... its windy as all get out in Rochester as well bro... hope the fix works for you....
Doing the fix tomorrow but ordered the new part and should be in in less than a week, I'll update here when I rig it up. Youre lucky with that walk out basement! The window here is insane the last few days.

Old 03-13-2020, 10:51 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofqueenz View Post
Damn Buff... sorry to hear that brother
Lesson learned.....again I guess lol tomorrow I'll put my hand guards back on and my bar end plugs that I took out to do some mods. If those things were in, none of this would have happened.

Old 03-13-2020, 11:10 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its_not_a_honda View Post
Just ordered these universal ones for $20 on amazon, comes with both controller sides. I tried to order the ones in the link you gave me but it didn't ask for card info or anything...just add to cart and check out then they sent confirmation so something can't be right! Haha so I jumped on amazon and ordered it. Should fit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200313-230808~2.jpg (17.0 KB, 355 views)

Old 03-14-2020, 06:24 AM   #14

Quote:
Just ordered these universal ones for $20 on amazon, comes with both controller sides. I tried to order the ones in the link you gave me but it didn't ask for card info or anything...just add to cart and check out then they sent confirmation so something can't be right! Haha so I jumped on amazon and ordered it. Should fit.
Good find! Those should work.
Forgot to tell you about that site. You put in your address, name, etc....use PayPal at check out. It converts to whatever currency you use. They usually ship pretty quick. Just keep that site for future stuff. They have several bikes on there that parts will fit yours. I bought the plastic gas tank for the watercooled version. Fit great and cut way way way down on vibration.

Old 03-14-2020, 07:59 AM   #15

Quote:
Doing the fix tomorrow but ordered the new part and should be in in less than a week, I'll update here when I rig it up. Youre lucky with that walk out basement! The window here is insane the last few days.
you aint kidding... the wind is crazy.... but i will take the wind over the white crap any day...LOL