Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2020, 06:55 PM   #1

Orion rxb 150xl arrived today

I got my rxb 150xl today and I must say this thing is really nice. It has idle issues out of the box I had to let it warm up for several minutes to get it to idle off choke. It has a nice sounding exhaust it sounds really mean for the size engine it has. At 5'6 200lbs I'm on my tippy toes on both sides to give you an idea of its height if your a shorter rider like me this bike will fit you well. the suspension is very stiff way better than my xpect it hardly sank when I sat on it the seat though is like sitting on a board very hard. I did take it for a quick spin it was a little wet out been raining on and off all day so did not ride it long. This thing is a BEAST I hardly hit the throttle and it was doing wheelies was also wanting to spin the tire a lot that was fun. I cant immagin what it will be like with jets and it broken in let alone with a 190.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0225201634_HDR.jpg (96.9 KB, 838 views)
File Type: jpg 0225201637.jpg (98.1 KB, 909 views)
File Type: jpg 0225201718.jpg (96.8 KB, 943 views)

2019 Lifan Xpect

2016 Harley Davidson Roadster

Old 02-25-2020, 08:39 PM   #2

Congrats!

Yours was packaged just like mine. Now get those decal protectors off!

I had to turn the idle screw in about 1 turn to get mine to idle at about 2500 rpm. Still likes to die if I go lower. Hoping some carb adjustments will take care of this.

Was finally able to spin around the block like you did. I could tell if I goosed it I would easily wheelie. I am 6ft and I can sit on it flat foot, pretty much the same as my TT250.

So glad folks filled me in on using the foot brake when starting....much better!

PS...your garage looks just like mine!

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 02-26-2020, 01:00 AM   #3

2500 is a pretty high idle speed. Might wanna make sure your throttle cable seated into the carburetor and throttle slack is set right on the handlebar. Pretty cool looking bike comes with an oil cooler also? How much torque does that bike have and how much did you pay for it. never seen a pit bike like that with that style motor on it before.

Old 02-26-2020, 05:50 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goob View Post
Yours was packaged just like mine. Now get those decal protectors off!

I had to turn the idle screw in about 1 turn to get mine to idle at about 2500 rpm. Still likes to die if I go lower. Hoping some carb adjustments will take care of this.

Was finally able to spin around the block like you did. I could tell if I goosed it I would easily wheelie. I am 6ft and I can sit on it flat foot, pretty much the same as my TT250.

So glad folks filled me in on using the foot brake when starting....much better!

PS...your garage looks just like mine!
I would have got the decals off but have the flue so I just got it off the crate and ran it around the block and in the garage it went. And yes the garage is quite messy I don't keep it straigh in the winter I just took stuff in don't like being in the cold all that much.

2019 Lifan Xpect

Old 02-26-2020, 08:07 AM   #5

Garage Compliement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss27gogeta View Post
I would have got the decals off but have the flue so I just got it off the crate and ran it around the block and in the garage it went. And yes the garage is quite messy I don't keep it straigh in the winter I just took stuff in don't like being in the cold all that much.
Removing the decal covers is tedious, so not such a good task with the flu.

That was a compliment on the garage...you look like you have plenty of space for the bike! I was noting the various tools, and pretty much the same floor. I had mine loaded on one side until I had to clear stuff for my TT250 in November. Then a 2nd round of clean out for the RXB150. The hobby has some nice side benefits.

Now that it is nearly cleared out I hope to fix some floor cracks, level it out a bit, and put in interlocking "rubber" floor tiles this summer. I was looking at new cement or asphalt, but both would approach $3K. The tiles are just over $1000 for 400sf.

Hope you get better. The flu going around this year really sucks.

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 02-26-2020, 08:11 AM   #6

high idle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savageman69 View Post
2500 is a pretty high idle speed. Might wanna make sure your throttle cable seated into the carburetor and throttle slack is set right on the handlebar. Pretty cool looking bike comes with an oil cooler also? How much torque does that bike have and how much did you pay for it. never seen a pit bike like that with that style motor on it before.
I am going to adjust the pilot fuel screw, which may be set really lean. Hopefully that will make it so I can adjust the idle screw to bring he revs down.

Not sure about the torque, HP is said to be 13.75. It was $1389, assembled and delivered. Orionpowerrsports.com The engine is a pretty common one. Honda knockoff I think (at least the Zongshen version that comes on some bikes is).

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 02-26-2020, 12:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Removing the decal covers is tedious, so not such a good task with the flu.

That was a compliment on the garage...you look like you have plenty of space for the bike! I was noting the various tools, and pretty much the same floor. I had mine loaded on one side until I had to clear stuff for my TT250 in November. Then a 2nd round of clean out for the RXB150. The hobby has some nice side benefits.

Now that it is nearly cleared out I hope to fix some floor cracks, level it out a bit, and put in interlocking "rubber" floor tiles this summer. I was looking at new cement or asphalt, but both would approach $3K. The tiles are just over $1000 for 400sf.

Hope you get better. The flu going around this year really sucks.
I'm quickly running out of space though. I think I need a bigger garage I told my wife when we bought the house the garage was not big enough. My floor also has some decent cracks in it thought about getting it redone for a lift but think I'll hold off. we only plan on living in town a couple more years then were moving to the country I can't stand the city lol.

2019 Lifan Xpect

Old 02-26-2020, 12:17 PM   #8

Quote:
I am going to adjust the pilot fuel screw, which may be set really lean. Hopefully that will make it so I can adjust the idle screw to bring he revs down.

Not sure about the torque, HP is said to be 13.75. It was $1389, assembled and delivered. Orionpowerrsports.com The engine is a pretty common one. Honda knockoff I think (at least the Zongshen version that comes on some bikes is).
I've been doing some reading on the yx engines. and they seem to be a very close copy of the kawasaki klx 110 engines from the info I have gathered.

2019 Lifan Xpect

Old 02-26-2020, 06:31 PM   #9

I'm ordering mine next week. cant wait.

Old 02-26-2020, 08:41 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhildoScaggins View Post
I'm ordering mine next week. cant wait.
Order a jet kit to the bike ships to lean to reliably run off choke it surges and dies off choke. Plug will not be gaped right either. I gaped mine at 45 thou. It comes at 25 thou.

2019 Lifan Xpect

Old 02-26-2020, 09:26 PM   #11

Quote:
Order a jet kit to the bike ships to lean to reliably run off choke it surges and dies off choke. Plug will not be gaped right either. I gaped mine at 45 thou. It comes at 25 thou.
Plug gap should be 0.07-8 mm so around 30thou

Old 02-26-2020, 09:43 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
Sorry I looked it up and that's what I found people were saying for the yx 150 I'll fix it tomarow.

2019 Lifan Xpect

Old 02-26-2020, 09:45 PM   #13

Build yourself a shop!

Quote:
I'm quickly running out of space though. I think I need a bigger garage I told my wife when we bought the house the garage was not big enough. My floor also has some decent cracks in it thought about getting it redone for a lift but think I'll hold off. we only plan on living in town a couple more years then were moving to the country I can't stand the city lol.
Though it is not technically a shop, we built what we call "The Studio" next to our garage. It is really just a garage, but with the 16' door opening filled in with patio sliders that face the yard.

It is 20x30, 2x6 walls, insulated, drywalled, skylights, heated (3 $50 oil filled electric radiators) and air-conditioned (window unit). Total cost was about $30K, but it was worth it. About what most people spend on a car.

Our family does all sorts of projects in there. My son and I reworked his DT100, he built his custom bicycle, we got a cheap projector and watch movies on the "big screen" wall (projects about 4 x 7), sewing projects, art projects, kids parties (noise is out of the house), etc.

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 02-26-2020, 09:55 PM   #14

Jet Kit?

Quote:
I contacted Orion and they don't sell jets. Where will you get yours? I am still trying to identify exactly what Mikuni model it is.

Some places show it as a PZ26 and also have it cross referenced as a Keihin PD. The exact carb in the URL below is listed as a VM26, but this is clearly not a Mikuni VM carb.

https://www.scooterpartscatalog.com/...or-114-20.html

I took it off tonight and turned out the Pilot Fuel Jet screw (under the manifold at the front of the carb) to richen it up since I couldn't get a good idle. It helped significantly. Will turn out a bit more tomorrow.

The thing that is a pain is that you have to remove the carb to get to this screw. I am going to look for some sort of specialty screw driver (thumb driver) that will work without carb removal.

The tuning instructions I have say if you have to turn this out more than 2 turns from closed stop, then you need a larger pilot jet. Hoping I don't have to do that.

UPDATE: Found the jets. You can get them from SSR:

http://www.ssrmotorsports.com/store/..._carb_jets.php

Orion RXB 150XL

Last edited by Goob; 02-27-2020 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Update

Old 02-29-2020, 03:39 PM   #15

0.60 to 0.70 mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
I think you got the mm off by a decimal place. 24 Thou = 0.60 and .028 Thou = 0.70 mm.

This is the range that SSR recommends for their pit bikes. I am going to set mine at 0.70 mm.

Orion RXB 150XL