Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2020, 08:54 PM   #1

Xmoto GY200

Hello everyone. I picked up this 2007 Xmoto gy200 for what seemed like a pretty good price, even though I had to ride two hours away to go get it. It didn't run, but I knew I could get it running. I'll explain what was wrong with it if someone asks. I don't wanna make this post too long.

Only problem is, I didn't realize parts would be so hard to find. Since it was a chinese cheapy, I figured parts would grow on the plentiful trees of ebay. I found parts on two different websites. On rocketa it seems to match up to a DB-07-200, and on "mefast" they seem to have the exact parts too but they call themselves wholesalers, which means they might not sell to anyone unless they make a big order. I tried calling their number but they might have been closed. So I haven't been able to see their prices. If I had known it was gonna be this bad getting parts, I would have passed. The only reason I got it was because it seemed like a good price and because they had the title for it.

Rocketa is trying to make me get a cosign to buy the parts I need. A gas tank, rear shock, air box, and maybe the gas tank plastic and the license plate carrier.

I was wondering if anyone had any rocketa DB-07-200 or anything that matches up that they'd wanna sell parts off of.

Also, what's the seat height on it?

Old 01-07-2020, 12:41 AM   #2

Parts will be a nightmare and expensive if not mechanical generic

Old 01-07-2020, 03:22 AM   #3

If it were me, I'd look at swapping the motor into an XR200 chassis. I had an old Chinese bike, and it was the same sort of thing, and then I started looking closely at the workmanship, and decided I wanted to put it in something I trusted. I've also seen them put into Power Wheels chassis. You can have a whole lot of fun with these motors, but if the frame had already been pretty stripped, I wouldn't hold my breath on it being restorable.

Old 01-07-2020, 12:09 PM   #4

Welcome, RedAlert62! I just sent you a PM.

The frame you have is a good copy of an early XR200 (not the R version), so you could make a street legal vintage XR200 out of it, since you have the title. It would be a cool look because it would have a monoshock and longer forks than the original style. That with a metal tank and flat XR200 seat would look pretty unique. It would take some minor welding to get it done.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-08-2020, 05:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by franque View Post
If it were me, I'd look at swapping the motor into an XR200 chassis. I had an old Chinese bike, and it was the same sort of thing, and then I started looking closely at the workmanship, and decided I wanted to put it in something I trusted. I've also seen them put into Power Wheels chassis. You can have a whole lot of fun with these motors, but if the frame had already been pretty stripped, I wouldn't hold my breath on it being restorable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Welcome, RedAlert62! I just sent you a PM.

The frame you have is a good copy of an early XR200 (not the R version), so you could make a street legal vintage XR200 out of it, since you have the title. It would be a cool look because it would have a monoshock and longer forks than the original style. That with a metal tank and flat XR200 seat would look pretty unique. It would take some minor welding to get it done.
I would consider that, but an XR frame would probably cost me just as much as, or more than the GY, and it would probably be beat up pretty bad, since people just never take care of outdoors stuff. For some reason here in Louisiana or specifically, southeastern Louisiana beat up non running stuff with NO TITLE are always high. And the only reason why I got the GY was because it has a title, even thought its from Mississippi, and hopefully can be street legal in Louisiana. Or I hope it can, or I'll be burnt on this deal.

Old 01-09-2020, 07:56 AM   #6

the key wording for the title is that it says motorcycle, not dirt bike... however it seems that the farther south you get, typically the more lenient they are on that wording...LOL

Old 01-09-2020, 12:18 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedAlert602 View Post
I would consider that, but an XR frame would probably cost me just as much as, or more than the GY, and it would probably be beat up pretty bad, since people just never take care of outdoors stuff. For some reason here in Louisiana or specifically, southeastern Louisiana beat up non running stuff with NO TITLE are always high. And the only reason why I got the GY was because it has a title, even thought its from Mississippi, and hopefully can be street legal in Louisiana. Or I hope it can, or I'll be burnt on this deal.
My point was that you could buy XR200 stuff to put on your frame. Since you already have a title, it remains legal.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-09-2020, 01:53 PM   #8

Quote:
My point was that you could buy XR200 stuff to put on your frame. Since you already have a title, it remains legal.
Like i did, but i did it the hard way, by using DR650 parts to put a bigger tank and nicer seat on my Roketa db07A....LOL

20190330_150852

Old 01-09-2020, 09:21 PM   #9

Quote:
I see what you mean. But finding a relatively clean XR, even if its just a frame with no motor would be pretty challenging. If its beat up, then the parts I'd take off of it are probably no good anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
Like i did, but i did it the hard way, by using DR650 parts to put a bigger tank and nicer seat on my Roketa db07A....LOL

Depending on how much fuel capacity you gained from it, I might consider it. Some guy on the forum put a TW200 gas tank on his GY but I looked at the price of the gas tank and it costs more than what I paid for the bike, so that's a no go.

20190330_150852

Old 01-10-2020, 01:27 AM   #10

Just buy an xr200 tank and seat. That's what he's saying.

Old 01-10-2020, 02:39 PM   #11

That's what I'm saying. It will take a little fabrication work to make it happen.

Old 01-10-2020, 07:00 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by franque View Post
Just buy an xr200 tank and seat. That's what he's saying.
Oh, I see.

Quote:
That's what I'm saying. It will take a little fabrication work to make it happen.
What's the fuel capacity difference between the GY tank, and the XR?

Old 01-11-2020, 06:41 AM   #13

Measure and Google. There was enough variation that you just have to look exactly at what you've got in front of you. You should be looking for an XR/XL185 tank or an early XR200 (twinshock, no R) tank. An XL200R tank *might* work. I think most of them will be steel. If it's plastic, it's probably off of an XR200R. It could probably still be made to work, it just might be more work in the long run.

Old 01-13-2020, 12:13 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedAlert602 View Post
Oh, I see.
What's the fuel capacity difference between the GY tank, and the XR?
Not sure; perhaps the GY tank holds a little more. Here are some pics of my plastic GY tank.

Name:  Roketa Tank 1.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  92.1 KB

Name:  Roketa Tank 2.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  91.7 KB

Old 01-13-2020, 01:59 PM   #15

i know the plastic tank like weld posted up, at least on my bike was only 1.1 gallons. hence the swap for the 3.4 gallon DR tank in my case....