Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2019, 07:03 PM   #1

Just bought 2020 tbr7

Been reading many posts here before joining. I just bought a 2020 tbr7 from txpowersports.com. It finally came yesterday after waiting a month. Crate was beat up and there is some scuffs on the plastics. Hopefully putting her together tomorrow. I was wondering if it's okay to mess with the carb and exhaust now or wait until it's broke in? Also, I had no problems registering it in Blair County, PA.

Old 12-27-2019, 07:17 PM   #2

Lots of people mod them right out of the box. Shouldn't be an issue. Don;t forget to check the valves and change the oil before you even start it.

Old 12-27-2019, 08:36 PM   #3

Sounds good and thanks for the reply. My 5 year old son and I just put together his 50cc syx moto dirt bike. Now he's ready to help me with mine.

Old 12-28-2019, 12:31 PM   #4

Good luck with the bike. When I got my hawk (very similar to the TBR7), all I did was change the oil and upgrade the lights to LED. Very happy with it.

I also have a TBR7 on the way. My TBR7 is arriving Tuesday.

Old 12-28-2019, 05:20 PM   #5

Tx made it easy. Front wheel and fender, handlebars, headlight, hand guards, and battery were all I needed to put together. I'm going to change oil tomorrow and try out the first ride. I have an accelerator pump carburetor coming for it. I put one on a 125 atv and it worked awesome.

Old 12-29-2019, 06:54 PM   #6

Awesome. I'm eyeing the TBR7. Let us know what you think once it's all together and you've had a ride or two.

Old 12-29-2019, 08:51 PM   #7

Digital speedo is nice on these as well.

Old 12-30-2019, 08:21 PM   #8

Adjusted the valves, rejetted the carb and took it for a short ride. Runs awesome. Still some carb tuning to do but I'm going to wait for the pumper carb. Digital cluster along with exhaust are in my amazon cart, waiting on funds. Has anyone installed handlebar risers? I feel like I'm leaning forward too much.

Old 12-30-2019, 08:24 PM   #9

Is a url link the only way to post pics?

Old 12-30-2019, 09:15 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cratebv212 View Post
Adjusted the valves, rejetted the carb and took it for a short ride. Runs awesome. Still some carb tuning to do but I'm going to wait for the pumper carb. Digital cluster along with exhaust are in my amazon cart, waiting on funds. Has anyone installed handlebar risers? I feel like I'm leaning forward too much.
Before you get the risers you may need to put a little bit of pre load in the fornt springs.
When i got my 2019 TBR7 my bike was soft in the front and felt like it was a little low in front when i sat on it. So i found the links on this forum and got to work.

With these bikes (hawk included ) the front springs are soft and each bike comes with a small spacer on top of each spring , it seems some bikes have about 10mm and others about 15mm but even on the same type of bike they have different size spacers?

So its a good time to change the oil (of unknown quality and amount ) in the front suspension anyway . In my case i put in 15w but now i have a baseline to go thicker or thinner .

Again in my case i did a piece of white pvc pipe about 50mm long in each strut which is a little more than others had done but it works fine for me.

I did put pictures on the forum and others have
covered this too so you should find a lot of info .

One thing that comes up is to not loosen the allen head bolt on the bottom of the struts to drain the oil. That bolt holds the damping rods in and can be a pain if it strips out.

You are better off to remove each strut (remove the front wheel ) and take each strut and loosen the top cap and turn it upside down to remove the stock spacer and spring and the oil ( measure the amount of oil that comes out as a reference ) . some have found different amounts in each strut.

Cut a piece of 7/8 pvc pipe (length more than you have stock to 50mm or more, at 50mm it is quite hard to get the cap back on with the pre load ) Add your quality 5w to whatever weight you chose and the same amount of oil in each ( i don't remember the correct amount? ).

This will stiffen up and lift the front of the bike . If this still does not feel like enough then get bar risers or higher bars.

Another thing to consider , while you have the front apart is to grease the steering head bearings as some bikes have plenty grease and others little to non.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-30-2019, 09:16 PM   #11

Quote:
My digital cluster imo is a better and cheaper option

Old 12-31-2019, 05:51 PM   #12

I'll do that work to the front forks for sure. It's getting cold here in PA so I won't be riding it too much. Probably just going to upgrade everything and tune it in.

Old 12-31-2019, 05:51 PM   #13

Where do I find your cluster?

Old 12-31-2019, 06:00 PM   #14

Nevermind, I found it. Not to be rude or anything, but why is yours better? I would just like to know before I buy one.

Old 01-01-2020, 03:26 AM   #15

Quote:
Nevermind, I found it. Not to be rude or anything, but why is yours better? I would just like to know before I buy one.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/303381504495

https://www.ebay.com/itm/303381522375

The pros:
1: it has 7 color back light option & can dim the brightness.
2: direct fit to stock loom, no running the gear wires anywhere.
3: FULLY adjustable to ANY (15-23 inch) wheel or tyre sizes so can be 99% or better accurate. (Other devices to sort a stock speedo costs USD$75 alone! - free inside my menu/program and easy enough to alter)
4: has either a volt meter or clock included (volt meter TT style clock Bross style)
5: has a 2 pin plug acc for say USB and small parts to wire you device.
6: I have 2 style options.
7: all parameters come preset to suit your bike BUT check Cons.
8; Cheaper, Ebay USD$82.50 or direct via paypal $75
9; Not related to TBR7 or Hawk BUT you can use the fuel gauge as Volt gauge for other bikes like these that do not have a fuel gauge/level sensor.

Cons:
1: you will need to adjust a little the calibration and takes 5-10 min (preset LC-195 should be very close for TBR7 or 19 inch wheel)

The above are the things NO ONE else offers on their unit (best of my knowledge) basically you have more options functions etc and stand zero too loose.

8 more positive things about it, maybe 1 that is a little extra work but worth the function to be accurate ( to buy a device to manipulate a speedometer to set it accurate is USD$75 alone!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bross style.jpg (85.5 KB, 587 views)
File Type: jpg Hawk on.jpg (87.1 KB, 558 views)