Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2019, 02:54 PM   #1

Another ATV

Pickup another ATV, needs some work. Based on the vin L02GUN507A3A02716 it’s a 2010 model with a GY6 engine. Need assistance identifying the brand. Also it as a slider carb on it. I though all GY6 engineS came with the other style carb with electric choke. I’m I corrected in the assumption?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ACD2808B-CDB0-4687-B715-C77F14E10BE2.jpg (19.7 KB, 551 views)
File Type: jpg 03D6CE39-E94A-430A-9FF0-69C62328ECBE.jpg (19.9 KB, 550 views)

Old 12-18-2019, 11:56 AM   #2

I've never seen a GY6 with a round slide carb. I'd love to see pics.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-18-2019, 11:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
I've never seen a GY6 with a round slide carb. I'd love to see pics.
[IMG]Untitled by ntrodriguez, on Flickr[/IMG]

Old 12-19-2019, 11:56 AM   #4

Interesting! May I also see a pic of the intake tube? I can only see part of it in your first pic.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-19-2019, 03:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Interesting! May I also see a pic of the intake tube? I can only see part of it in your first pic.
Will try and take a pic today after work, if it’s not to dark.

Old 12-19-2019, 07:51 PM   #6

Looks like some sort of 90 degree setup.

Old 12-20-2019, 10:48 AM   #7

Quote:
A couple more pic, wiring and the frame get in the way to get a clear pic.

Old 12-20-2019, 12:02 PM   #8

Thanks! I don't know why I never considered using a round slide with a GY6, but there's no reason it can't work great. My GY6 has a CV carb and that's all I've ever seen on them.

Old 12-20-2019, 04:01 PM   #9

Quote:
Thanks! I don't know why I never considered using a round slide with a GY6, but there's no reason it can't work great. My GY6 has a CV carb and that's all I've ever seen on them.
Yeah it throw me off at first, since I’m use to seeing the GY6 with the CV carb. I’m planning on using the parts from another quad that I’m not liking the bump steer on it. Any chance you now the model/make? Didn’t have any paper work on it and they rhino parts of the frame hard to see.

Old 12-23-2019, 11:46 AM   #10

I don't know the make and model, but it really doesn't matter; most of everything on it is generic. Have you started a thread on the quad with bumpsteer? One of our members found a solution that is here: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=13896
And here: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14105

Old 01-15-2020, 11:05 PM   #11

Quote:
I don't know the make and model, but it really doesn't matter; most of everything on it is generic.
Its more for registration purposes on why i'm asking for model.

Quote:
I Have you started a thread on the quad with bumpsteer? One of our members found a solution that is here: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=13896
And here: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14105
Yeah, I've looked at them threads, the quad in question as a single arm suspension up front. I've gone over the whole front end and its better, but not close to the other quad with double arm suspension up front.

This quad as a low compression engine, swapped out the wiring harness, next on the list is to swap the engine out. Just been bsy with the holidays to do it.

Old 01-16-2020, 12:32 PM   #12

Please share pics and progress if you can. I love those little GY6 quads. Son of Weldangrind and I rode two-up on ours, while towing a jr. dragster from the shutdown area of the track back into the pits. In the heat. In the high desert. Little thing just chugged along. That was 11 years ago and the quad just keeps running.

Old 01-20-2020, 07:46 PM   #13

Had some time this weekend to work on it. Did a valve adjustment on it and PSI went up but still low at around 110PSI. Plan A was to swap engine out with a spare, engine swap was strait forward. The issue was the exhaust & sprocket would not line up and would require modification.

Now on to Plan B, rebuild top end with new rings. Planning on ordering from Amazon unless you guys have a source i can order from?

Old 01-21-2020, 12:16 PM   #14

I'd use Amazon or eBay. While you're at it, are you going with a big bore? Plenty of vids on YouTube that show you which parts to buy, based on which version of GY6 you have (they're not all identical). I'd do the kit that's just under 180cc.

Old 01-21-2020, 05:13 PM   #15

Quote:
I'd use Amazon or eBay. While you're at it, are you going with a big bore? Plenty of vids on YouTube that show you which parts to buy, based on which version of GY6 you have (they're not all identical). I'd do the kit that's just under 180cc.
Not sure, while looking at Amazon I came a across a few big bore kit. Need to do more research on how much additional work it will be.