Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2019, 02:59 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to ikeus685
Soggy frustrations

Recently after my purchase and commitment of finances for my new/used Shadow I find being stuck to paved roads lack enjoyment. Its hard to comprehend how hard it is to get out from under a recently purchased contract!
It's not raining now and looks like a week with out rain here in costal O. A part of this frustration.
Thankfully I'd started to look into Chinese motorcycles, ytube, and found this forum.
Originally was interested in the Magician for it short seat height. Not too happy with the reliability issue.. Are the that much worst than the Hawk?

Old 10-31-2019, 07:29 AM   #2

I recommend veiwing Motochezz on YouTube.com in order to understand the Pro's and Cons of each machine. It will take a while but you will walk away well informed.

I purchased the Hawk DLX and am very happy with it. Please take your time on making a choice since the research is a lot of fun. These bikes if you make the correct choice for your needs are So much value and fun for the money. For me it has given exceptional enjoyment at a low price point.

Old 10-31-2019, 11:41 AM   #3

The same approach is required for nearly all China bikes; they require a sense of humour.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-02-2019, 01:27 PM   #4

Don't mean to be a hater but to me the Magician is more of a girl's bike that's not capable offroad, let alone the frame issues. But in the top speed survey it did rank right up there with the TBR7, averaging about 8mph faster than the Hawk and Storm.
2011 Honda Foreman 500ES 4x4
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400