Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2019, 12:53 PM   #1

WD40 fork oil experiments

In the quest of never ending post manufactured product improvement the research engineering team in the shed has employed a special aerospace lubricant used to launch ICBM,s. WD40... frankly it’s a holiday and everything Brrraaaapp is closed. The nerve, closed on my day off!

It’s thinner than and the forks are softer then ATF so if it doesn’t foam out when I get done beating it like a rental mule in the strip mines, I’ll post back. After all what else do ya do with a gallon can of rocket wash. o
2018 Hawk P&P Decked .040 off the head. 17/43 D.I.D. 428, NGK Iridium plug, DeCat, Wrapped pipe, Custom S.S. Muffler core, Nibbi PE30 115/35, L.E.D. Lights, Digital Cluster, USB port, Cutting Bord skid plate, Oil cooler w/ custom CRF oil filter inline, 5Wt fork oil, Rear Shock, CNC Back Rack, 30mm FAT bars, Bark Busters, ProGrips, Adjustable levers, Shinko 700’s lots of Loctite!

Old 09-02-2019, 02:21 PM   #2

the biggest issue with heavy naptha is it has a low boiling point. Also not the most lubricating thing out there. Should work in a pinch, but I wouldn't want to run it long term.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 09-02-2019, 07:00 PM   #3

Went out for about 30 miles today. It’s a success front suspension is definitely better now. We have some of the worst roads in the state around here I felt the front end slide out twice in the road ruts cause they’re so deep. It easily jogs over ruts and washouts without that jarring hit. I have no idea about the long term durability of it in the forks but whatever it’s cheap enough to try. It’ll be interesting to see if the summer heat foams it up. It’s cooling off for the year now.
2018 Hawk P&P Decked .040 off the head. 17/43 D.I.D. 428, NGK Iridium plug, DeCat, Wrapped pipe, Custom S.S. Muffler core, Nibbi PE30 115/35, L.E.D. Lights, Digital Cluster, USB port, Cutting Bord skid plate, Oil cooler w/ custom CRF oil filter inline, 5Wt fork oil, Rear Shock, CNC Back Rack, 30mm FAT bars, Bark Busters, ProGrips, Adjustable levers, Shinko 700’s lots of Loctite!

Last edited by Red Hawk; 09-02-2019 at 07:37 PM.

Old 09-02-2019, 07:41 PM   #4

Use it for what it is, water displacement. It will dry up, dirt up and probably wore out the forks.
Is not even a lubricant to begin with.