Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2019, 11:49 AM   #1

Frank update..

Maybe not the right forum for this topic but this is where the cool kids hangout.

My appointment Thursday went very well. There's a nice thick calcium growth going all the way down the spiral fracture which is exactly what we wanted. The Doc says I can go back to walking with a walker first to build strength and when I'm comfortable without it I'm off to the races lol.
I'm seriously considering ordering a Tao Tao Boss 200 this next week to replace the old FourTrax 200D. I posted some questions in the ATV forum but no response yet.

I can't wait to get back on the Hawk, but I'm gonna make sure I've got my strength back before attempting it. Happy Hawking fellas!

Old 08-31-2019, 11:55 AM   #2

Glad to hear all going well. It's labor day weekend and to nice to hang around. Hawks all cleaned up and ready to head out.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 08-31-2019, 12:42 PM   #3

Frank, glad you are doing well!
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 09-01-2019, 03:29 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLeggedRider View Post
I'm seriously considering ordering a Tao Tao Boss 200 this next week to replace the old FourTrax 200D. I posted some questions in the ATV forum but no response yet.
A few responses now, and I agreed with member franque on considering the Rhino 250. Has the 'regular' thumper vs. the GY6, and hence has a chain drive vs. the CVT. Pricewise, I think they are lower cost than their larger displacement GY6-based ATVs.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-01-2019, 04:19 AM   #5

Good news, but take it easy!
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 09-01-2019, 04:03 PM   #6

Glad to hear it and " no you can't mod your walker!"Doctors orders.

2017 Bashan Storm
Keihen PZ30 Pumper Carb,115 main jet,35 pilot jet, gutted factory exhaust, Sambo Digital Speedometer,LED blinkers, H4 headlight,D.I.D X-ring chain 428,17/42 sprockets,UNI cone filter.

Old 09-02-2019, 12:55 PM   #7

Keep up the good work, Please limit the high speed walkers for a little while

Old 09-03-2019, 12:31 PM   #8

First time back on my feet, taken about 30 minutes ago.

Last edited by OneLeggedRider; 10-30-2019 at 01:57 AM.

Old 09-03-2019, 01:37 PM   #9

Good to see up on your feet. Put some knobbies on the walker for better traction. lol
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 09-03-2019, 02:45 PM   #10

Did you port the heads on that walker?

Good to see you up and about.

Take it slow amigo

Old 09-03-2019, 03:57 PM   #11

Quote:
First time back on my feet, taken about 30 minutes ago.
Glad your back on your feet, slow and steady will win this one. Back on the bike for some seat time before winter

Take care
Paul

Old 09-03-2019, 04:30 PM   #12

Glad to see!!! Since you are a witty writer....What kind of mods would you do to the walker device???

Nice jacket, neatly hung up!!!
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 09-04-2019, 01:56 AM   #13

In my not too distant past (last year actually) I was a bruiser, only lost one fight my entire life to a kid that was much older and bigger, and won most of 'em with a one punch tko. And keep in mind I been this big since I was 14 and whupping grown men, and always had to special order hats and gloves. It's also impossible to knock me out, I been hit in the head with tire irons, baseball bats and golf clubs.

But I didn't inherit the stupidity that comes with most bruisers. At 6'2 and 260lbs I'm the runt on my dad's side of the family. I won the state spelling bee in the 2nd grade and by the 6th grade (they thought I was cheating on my tests scores) they couldn't rate my IQ. And ofcourse my family had hopes of me going into med school, but from the time I was 6yrs old I had motorcycles on the brain and didn't care about anything else.

But this last go-round has been a real test for me. The first time I haven't felt "bulletproof". I'm struggling to get back on my feet, and apparently my knee hasn't completely healed yet, which is discouraging. But I'm a fighter, not a quitter, and I'm gonna do this whatever it takes.

Old 09-04-2019, 09:05 AM   #14

Quote:
In my not too distant past (last year actually) I was a bruiser, only lost one fight my entire life to a kid that was much older and bigger, and won most of 'em with a one punch tko. And keep in mind I been this big since I was 14 and whupping grown men, and always had to special order hats and gloves. It's also impossible to knock me out, I been hit in the head with tire irons, baseball bats and golf clubs.

But I didn't inherit the stupidity that comes with most bruisers. At 6'2 and 260lbs I'm the runt on my dad's side of the family. I won the state spelling bee in the 2nd grade and by the 6th grade (they thought I was cheating on my tests scores) they couldn't rate my IQ. And ofcourse my family had hopes of me going into med school, but from the time I was 6yrs old I had motorcycles on the brain and didn't care about anything else.

But this last go-round has been a real test for me. The first time I haven't felt "bulletproof". I'm struggling to get back on my feet, and apparently my knee hasn't completely healed yet, which is discouraging. But I'm a fighter, not a quitter, and I'm gonna do this whatever it takes.
What a great attitude, sorry to hear about your knee, did you hurt it in this last spill ?

Not to state the obvious but your no longer a spring chicken and healing does seem to take a little longer ( i've got about 10 years on you ). But a broken femur is a big deal and you are healing up faster than i would have thought.

Looking forward to updates and hopefully a ride or two before winter .

Paul

Old 09-04-2019, 10:01 AM   #15

Frank, as Paul said about spring chickens....so what do we call us, older roosters? When I had that accident a year ago, my walking ability was lost. Took several months to walk again, and stairs were out of the question. I can agree with you about your struggle, and "being bullet proof", at my age there was no youngster that could out work me, and no one could work the hours, and keep up with me. After a year, I am not back to normal, and may never be. Like you, I did "whatever it takes". However, I can work, but not the strenuous jobs, and certainly not the sometimes, 18-19 hour days. My mind, and or memory, is not the same, and my mrs kids me about going to some kind of a funny farm. I wonder what crops they would raise there? LOL. Both of us have drawn for an elk hunt, and we look forward to that. If you went to medical school, you could have fixed your own femur! Your writing and contribution here has brighten our days, and we all have become more informed, and have learned from your knowledge. Take care, and take it easy.

Last edited by wedooit; 09-04-2019 at 10:09 AM. Reason: cant type worth a crap....