Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2019, 10:44 PM   #1

Hello from Indiana

Some of you may have read this already...I re-posted from another improperly categorized post I made.

Hello all and just wanted to say a many (s) to those who have unknowingly helped me through this forum already. This is my first post here and I just wanted to introduce myself and share my first experience with a new bike.

I purchased a black Apollo db-36 deluxe in early June(a friend bought one a few days later) and I have put a thousand KM on her in the last month and the biggest head-scratcher so far has been the...........you guessed it! The kickstand!

Spent 24 hours, when I had the time, checking spark, fuel, sitting/standing in thought and on forums. But hey, at least I found ChinaRiders!!

Alas, I stood there quite pitifully before my bike, in disbelief, with my hands on my sides, knowing it ran when they shipped it(I could tell by the odometer and spark plug), that I noticed a wire running down to the vicinity of the kickstand.

Never had anything new, ya know? Darn safety doo-hickies.......Good thing we caught the broken leveling switch strap on my buddy's bike before we got it together. Who knows how long that could have taken. Weeks, I tell you!

Again, can't say enough for the effort put in by some of the people who post here and I'm glad to a small, dainty part of this glorious community!

Old 08-25-2019, 10:06 AM   #2

Welcome aboard! What is great about this site is the info and kindness. Share your riding experiences and tips for others, pro and cons of your bike....etc. ….and what else you desire to share. This is a great community! AND some great laughs here and there to brighten a day. PIXs of your bike are always a plus!!!
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 08-26-2019, 11:43 AM   #3

Welcome! I once completely dismantled a quad because I failed to understand that the kill switch needed to be reset. I feel your pain.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-26-2019, 11:48 AM   #4

Welcome Aboard! I've been caught by the Kill Switch. I'm like I just started the dang thing and now it won't run. Glad you got it figured out.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S (Sold)
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel