Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2019, 07:05 PM   #1

Taotao ATA250D brake master cylinder

Ok, I'm back with more questions. I have my Taotao running fairly well, now I need to get it to stop. Looking at the rear brake master cylinder, it seems to be completely locked up. I'm sure I could rebuild it, but looking online it doesn't seem like they are too expensive to just replace it. The only thing I'm not positive about is which one to get. Anyone replaced theirs? Which one did you like?

Also, adding the lines of stopping this thing, is it possible to adjust the front brakes? I haven't looked at them too closely, just thought I'd ask in advance.

Thank you in advance,
Beardking

Old 08-01-2019, 10:16 PM   #2

Same master cylinder as the Rhino so you'll get the right one if you order from Taotao.

Front brake cables can be adjusted at the handlebar.

Old 08-05-2019, 07:22 PM   #3

master cylinder

your calipher might be locked up because the rear pad is gone... and the piston is rubbing on the rotor... if it is the foot brake.... buy the whole system … no bleeding required.. just plug and play... amazon or ebay..

Old 08-05-2019, 08:49 PM   #4

If the pushrod between the peddle and master cylinder is adjusted roo tight it will lock the brake too.

Old 08-06-2019, 01:31 AM   #5

I guess I should have clarified what I meant by "locked up." The rear master cylinder was completely gummed up and rusted to the point of being locked up. Unfortunately, it's so rusted that I couldn't even get the snap ring out to see if it was worth saving. So, instead I bought a new one and it's sitting in my garage waiting for me to put it on there.

As for the caliper and brake pads, they are in good shape. I'd be surprised if they have more than 5 miles on them. Of course, I may find problems with the caliper once I start putting pressure on them again. But that's a tomorrow me problem.