Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2019, 01:31 PM   #1

bms250crp

After searching and researching to near my death, exhaustion, I need a 100 bill to revive me with a glass of fine whiskey, I have finally, yes finally purchased a bms250crp for my wife! almost went with the orion, but was too tall, and thanks to the GRIZ that helped me. Thanks to all that contributed to my questions! Megadan had helped me as well, and thanks to him, he is a great guy!

I will contribute to this forum to give back and help others when it arrives.

Old 04-30-2019, 02:23 PM   #2

Pics or it didn’t happen..
Bashan Storm: Ebay steel exhaust wrapped, folding shift lever, seat mod, vm26 carb, air pod, dual led scrambler headlamps, windshield mod, led brake/tail light, secondary led brake light (swingarm), Ebay 295mm rear shock, back up CDI (racing unknown), oil cooler, digital gauge cluster,

Old 04-30-2019, 04:56 PM   #3

I will post pics when it arrives. All I got is the credit card receipt at his point. I am glad the research is over....
here is some of the email....
Your order number is xxxxx. We appreciate your business. Your order will be processed immediately and will ship out within 3 business days. You will be notified when your order is shipped with a tracking number and the name of the trucking company. If you wish to cancel your order, please notify us within 6 hours via phone. All cancellations will take 2 business days to process. If your order is shipped the day of or before your request, you will have to pay shipping both ways to cancel the order.

1 x DB-E004 250cc Dirt Bike with 5-speed Manual Transmission! Electric/Kick Start! Big 21"/18" Wheels! Free Shipping

and my thanks to chiptoothy, johnny216...johnny216 is the couple that bought those two hawks....!!!!!

Last edited by wedooit; 04-30-2019 at 05:01 PM. Reason: add more info

Old 04-30-2019, 05:08 PM   #4

So now I get to ride the ttr225, that I put a bunch of dollars into, and still don't know what extensive wear is on the inside. I should just kick myself in the rear, and should have bought a new bike, like what i got for the mrs. We ride the atvs, but now those will be for hunting. Talk about a money pit? boy howdy. We ride ski doo sleds, and they are not near the money pit as the atvs...BUT they depreciate, so I guess they are a money pit as well.

Old 04-30-2019, 08:08 PM   #5

You will have a nice bike, for sure! It was supposed to get California certification, but I found out the other day when I called BMS that they are no longer certifying the bike--me and other 'Californians need not apply'. The couple who bought a pair of the CRP 250 have not been active lately, but they were the ones who chopped down one of the seats for the Mrs. The Mrs. did it herself and from the photos looked very professional, and she did feel it was still comfortable. Besides the Hawk-clone Bashan 'Enforcer', the CRP is the only other Bashan that comes with 21/18 wheels, which you were leaning towards. As far as depreciation; a few short years ago, Chinese bikes were very low cost--now, not as much, meaning the depreciation will be a little higher, but it seems the Bashans do seem to hold up well quality-wise, so depreciation is something you don't really need to worry about!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-30-2019, 11:23 PM   #6

Hi again, The MN couple are on a website where they are building a v nose camper as kirkupnorth, Teardrops n Tiny Travel Trailers
or t n ttt for short (tnttt.com)I think that name is correct. He is a carpenter, and their project is really cool. Like mrs who chopped down the seat, yup, that is what I will try with my wife's favorite carving knife, or better yet, I'll let her do it. Californians need not apply, in our times, sounds a little racist against cali's, and we the people? As a firearms nut, cali's have so many restrictions and laws from guns, to....etc., and on and on. That is sad. Since my wife is from northern Cali, we watched the Oroville dam spillway remake, and became acquaintances with a pilot, that bikes in Idaho and other places, that covered the spillway rebuild extensively. And then watched Paradise burn to the ground. I appreciate the inputs on this website from many. It is unbelievable how much knowledge there is here, and how down to earth the people are.

Last edited by wedooit; 04-30-2019 at 11:51 PM. Reason: more info

Old 04-30-2019, 11:48 PM   #7

Hey, congrats on the purchase! I look forward to seeing your assembly, mods, and what you two think of it once completed. I am pretty sure you will both be quite happy with the CRP 250.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 04-30-2019, 11:50 PM   #8

Many thanks for you input megadan!!!!!!

Old 05-02-2019, 10:37 AM   #9

This motorcycle frolic with parts for the old and new, is cutting into my and our firearms budget. Lucky we are slammed with work! I still haven't been issued a ship date for the BMS.
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 05-02-2019, 10:41 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedooit View Post
...is cutting into my and our firearms budget.
for shame!!!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-03-2019, 09:43 AM   #11

ok, update from powersportsmax! I ordered on the 30th. They notified me of a tracking number and was shipped yesterday. So far, good service! This will be an anniversary present for the Mrs., so hopefully doesn't arrive damaged.
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 05-03-2019, 12:10 PM   #12

You will notice most of these companies give good/outstanding/excellent service/communication up to the point the $$ is transferred and the motorcycle is shipped... after that you are left in the dark arguing with a 5 year old child

Can't wait to see some pics

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 05-03-2019, 12:56 PM   #13

argiung? heck

Just this morning I was arguing with my 15yo. Why do kids like to argue? The answer I want is either yes or no! "I know" is not an acceptable reply. I didn't argue much with my dad as I remember. He was right, take it or leave it. I will post on the bms250.

Old 05-03-2019, 01:03 PM   #14

Wow fast shipping update from RL!!!! I expected a week!!!!
Date
Time
Status
05/02/2019
05:08:19 PM
Picked Up in RIVERSIDE, CA
05/02/2019
10:01:33 PM
Arrived at origin terminal
05/03/2019
04:48:00 AM
Departed FONTANA, CA in route to LAS VEGAS, NV
05/03/2019
06:40:28 AM
Arrived at LAS VEGAS, NV
05/03/2019
12:06:00 PM
Departed LAS VEGAS, NV in route to SALT LAKE CITY, UT

Now I am scrambling!!!!! crap my shop is full of work, and my yard looks like a truck stop!!!! BUT am thankful we are busy and we have a job...AND my wife is clueless about her anniversary present! Gotta work thru the weekend!!!!!

Old 05-03-2019, 01:17 PM   #15

Congrats on the new bike! As someone who is new to this, could you explain why you chose this bike over say a Hawk and what the difference is? Thanks!

Now you just need to figure out how to mount a rifle to the handlebars.