Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2019, 05:40 PM   #1

Registering Problems! Grom clone

so i bought a grom clone from powerdirtbikes and now the bike cant be registered because i don't have a bill of sale, they sent out an mco but no bill of sale, when i ask for one they say they don't make one, the only bill of sale is the emailed receipt they sent me when i bought the bike, but i dont think dmv will accept a printed receipt, what should i do? i cant register the bike
did your guys bike come with a bill of sale and powerdirtbikes is being annoying? or you dont need one and my dmv is being annoying?

Last edited by Lucastheking; 03-19-2019 at 07:23 PM.

Old 03-19-2019, 08:15 PM   #2

The receipt should suffice. You bought it brand new, so there is not much you can fake with a digital receipt, especially if it has the VIN (as it should). You don't say what state you are in, so that might make a difference.

I do think your dealer is being annoying, BTW, but try your digital receipt.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-19-2019, 09:47 PM   #3

I had the same problem they said the bill of sale was not acceptable in its current state. In fact the person helping me wouldn't even look up the vin# to see what it was. I called the place I bought it from "Venom Motorsports" and explained the situation, they sent me "next day air" a certified bill of sale and I went back to the dmv to a different person and there was no issue.
Protaper se x110 bars/grips
1/4 MotionPro throttle
Kepspeed Braced swingarm
Chimera rear hub assy
Grom Intergrated tail light
Superlite Sprockets 17/32
custom made from Japan
Chimera Swing Arm Bolt
RK MXZ Chain #420
All Balls wheel bearings
Motodynamic fender eliminator
Coremoto ss brake lines
Composimo 2.5 lower link
Grom Calipers-w/ebc pads/rotors
Michelin tire 140&120
13x4/13x7 fatties
Grom forks

Last edited by Whisky; 03-19-2019 at 11:04 PM.

Old 03-20-2019, 01:24 AM   #4

Ugh, I'm worried this will happen to me. I put the sticker from my scooter on it until i can register it. So far so good. The police didn't even look twice when I drove it like a scooter in the bike lane to pass traffic. I don't want to press my luck but I'm so used to 50cc driving I forget the bicycle lane is now a no go.

Old 03-20-2019, 09:41 AM   #5

I had no problems getting mine registered. When I got my motorcycle, the MCO and Bill of Sale came shortly after in the mail.

While all these clones are pretty much the same, the dealership support/experience is important to consider.

Old 03-20-2019, 01:57 PM   #6

Quote:
so i bought a grom clone from powerdirtbikes and now the bike cant be registered because i don't have a bill of sale, they sent out an mco but no bill of sale, when i ask for one they say they don't make one, the only bill of sale is the emailed receipt they sent me when i bought the bike, but i dont think dmv will accept a printed receipt, what should i do? i cant register the bike
did your guys bike come with a bill of sale and powerdirtbikes is being annoying? or you dont need one and my dmv is being annoying?
I have only done this with dirt bikes, and ATVs, but here is what I did. Before going to the local California DMV, I had the following paper work. I had the MCO title, an Application for title/registration filled out, and a copy of the email showing I purchased the bike. I went to the DMV with the bike, handed them all the paperwork, they verified the vin/emission labels, I paid the fees, and walked out with my registration stickers, and title. I did this three different times.

Hope this helps,

Douglass

Old 03-20-2019, 01:58 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglass View Post
I have only done this with dirt bikes, and ATVs, but here is what I did. Before going to the local California DMV, I had the following paper work. I had the MCO title, an Application for title/registration filled out, and a copy of the email showing I purchased the bike. I went to the DMV with the bike, handed them all the paperwork, they verified the vin/emission labels, I paid the fees, and walked out with my registration stickers, and title. I did this three different times.

Hope this helps,

Douglass
Thanks. What is an MCO title? I am getting a Certificate of Origin and a Bill of Sale.

Old 03-20-2019, 04:32 PM   #8

Quote:
Thanks. What is an MCO title? I am getting a Certificate of Origin and a Bill of Sale.
MCO is the Manufacture Country of Origin. Once you receive the bike contact the seller with the Vin, and the engine numbers. They will send you the MCO title usually within a week or two. Not sure what state your in, but in California you are required to have insurance, and would probably be a good idea to have proof of it to prevent any delays.

Old 03-20-2019, 04:34 PM   #9

Quote:
MCO is the Manufacture Country of Origin. Once you receive the bike contact the seller with the Vin, and the engine numbers. They will send you the MCO title usually within a week or two. Not sure what state your in, but in California you are required to have insurance, and would probably be a good idea to have proof of it to prevent any delays.
Ah, cool. I contacted the seller earlier today. They said the Bill of Sale and MCO was sent out Monday. It's getting exciting now!

Old 03-20-2019, 06:02 PM   #10

good news guys!! powerdirtbike is sending out a bill of sale! the sales manager Heather is actually really nice and is helping a lot

Old 03-20-2019, 06:32 PM   #11

Quote:
MCO is the Manufacture Country of Origin...
Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin https://www.aamva.org/Manufacturers-...ate-of-Origin/