Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2019, 03:49 PM   #1

A cheaper&easier&faster LED turn signal solution for Hawk/Magician.

1. Get any 12V signal set that has a effect
  2. Connect ground to green and positive to orange or blue on all and mount securely. Mine required I drill a 3/8 hole on all four then I used blue locktite and grade 8 lock washers and nuts to make it solid
  3. Gently cut open indicator harness behind headlight and make sure it's the one with the orange and blue wires; same color as positives on the signals
  4. Cut orange wire and seal harness back up with electrical tape
  5. Done

No need to remove indicator bulb or buy diode kit or buy a LED relay.

NOTES:
  • If you want the indicator to work you have to get the diode kit and install it in the same spot. Here and Here
  • If you want a set of signals without any integrated effect you'll need the LED relay. Here and Here
  • Don't use crimp connectors anywhere.. They will eventually come loose even if you hot glue them.. Flux and solder with a butane solder solution and then cover it all in heat shrink. This is the most secure wire joining process there is.. I used a inline crimp joiner and a lot of hot glue and it was junk
  • On the Magician I never could find out how to get to the indicator bulb. The top cover was still held on with something besides the screws and the clamps, and the connection visible to the bottom looks like an epoxy blob with wires going in to it.. Thus I did this
  • Cheap LED turn signal are usually rubber or plastic just slid on to the end of the hollow stud.. You'll need at least a second nut to mount else it'll just come apart..

Old 02-03-2019, 12:24 AM   #2

or you can just buy a $7 set off ebay and plug them in! the magician may be diff but this is all you have to do on the hawk. ???????
13' long chopper in progress
2009 johnny pag bar hog
2004 hd electra glide ultra classic shriner edition
1997 harley davidson 1200 sportster
1972 harley davidson amf sx250

Old 02-03-2019, 12:26 AM   #3

these
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (47.1 KB, 314 views)
13' long chopper in progress
2009 johnny pag bar hog
2004 hd electra glide ultra classic shriner edition
1997 harley davidson 1200 sportster
1972 harley davidson amf sx250

Old 02-03-2019, 08:50 AM   #4

Why not use LED flasher? Or some turn signals that have a fancy effect you dont use a flasher but jump black to grey at flasher

Old 02-03-2019, 11:24 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
Why not use LED flasher? Or some turn signals that have a fancy effect you dont use a flasher but jump black to grey at flasher
That's what I meant by "effect". It's the only way to get past buying a LED relay from what I've seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcosby View Post
or you can just buy a $7 set off ebay and plug them in! the magician may be diff but this is all you have to do on the hawk. ???????
I bought an $8.00 set off amazon with the scrolling effect integrated in each bulb and I got four-ways do to the fact both sides go in to the indicator bulb and bleed over. You can read about this problem in the LED signal link in the FAQ sticky. You can buy diode kits to fix it too which allow the indicator bulb to still work.

I'm still going to do the diodes on mine just to have the indicator. This is just temporary so I can still ride.

Old 02-03-2019, 07:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualSport View Post
That's what I meant by "effect". It's the only way to get past buying a LED relay from what I've seen.

I bought an $8.00 set off amazon with the scrolling effect integrated in each bulb and I got four-ways do to the fact both sides go in to the indicator bulb and bleed over. You can read about this problem in the LED signal link in the FAQ sticky. You can buy diode kits to fix it too which allow the indicator bulb to still work.

I'm still going to do the diodes on mine just to have the indicator. This is just temporary so I can still ride.

Scrolling doesn’t need flasher st all
Bridge the 2,wires firstly and check