Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2018, 09:09 PM   #1

Thumbs Up New Vader First Ride Impressions!

Well i finally got it all assembled, changed the shipping oil out ( it only had half a quart in it, so I am REAL glad i did that) ,put some 93 octane in itand after checking the lights to make sure they all worked took her down the road for a ride. Ran flawlessly , no skips sputters coughs, nothing. Did notice an intermittent "clank" from possibly the sprocket cover area, the rubber chain guide was all goobered up when i went over the bike during assembly so im pretty sure i just need to adjust that and recheck chain alignment and tension, no biggie .
Still, not being broken in it ran and pulled better than I expected ,the only thing I instantly was not a fan of is the seat, the big hump plus deep dish in it pushed you up against the tank and I suppose you get used to it but I dont like it .I already have a new Grom seat here and it is much flatter so that will definitely be way up on my "Do this first" list.It was a short ride but very fun ,I'm going into town in the a.m. and try to get it registered and a tag and all that then get ready to photograph and GoPro record "The Build " ,that is assuming I can stay off the thing to work on it ,man that was fun just what little I did !
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 08-10-2018, 12:21 AM   #2

HELL YA! glad you got it going with little problems.
My hellcat came with no oil in it! ha. ya the front tire is a bitch to get on, not looking forward to replacing my tires. I'm at 500 miles now on the Hellcat and its running great! Took it for a 40mile ride yesterday, always getting the comments. An older women in her late 60s asked me what it was and that its cute. she said she rides scooter...I told her it was a Chinese honda clone. and then she said like the gremit!!! HAHAHA!

Old 08-10-2018, 08:50 AM   #3

Let the fun begin!

The first ride is always remembered! How tall are you? I like the look of the factory seat, but comfort rates high on my list! Let’s see the pictures!

Enjoy the Ride!
-2016 Hawk 250 - Kitty Hawk - eBay exhaust, Mikuni carb(120 main/30 Pilot), airbox mod with K&N filter, digital cluster, total LEDs, 17/45 sprockets, RK chain, Shinko 244 tires, trunk, aftermarket levers, burrito tube, skid plate, Sargent Cycle Seat...
-2003 HD Sportster 100th Anniversary
-1999 Buell X-1 Lightning - Race kit, Buell Seat

Old 08-10-2018, 04:13 PM   #4

kirbo7106 - I'm about 6 foot even ,maybe a touch over .I used to think I was 6 foot 1 but my Wife informed me that was my hair poofed up ,and it didnt count. I overall felt comfortable on the bike , I think I will wait to change out the seat until after I get the new bars and risers I have on there and the new pegs ,I plan to Stunt on this and now I'm thinking that hump would do a lot to keep me on the bike and in place rather than sliding to the back when doing wheelies.I also noticed today that the rear preload is all kinda jacked up so I think it is so high in the back it is tilting me forward ,i need to back off the rear preload and install the front preload adjusters I have and see if that also makes it feel more balanced / better.,I have a ton of parts here but all I have had time to do besides thrashing to get it assembled was put an aftermarket pipe on it, new levers, a tail tidy and 12 O'clock bar.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 08-10-2018, 09:19 PM   #5

Post some pictures or video so we can see! I wanted to do wheelies on my bike too but it feels sketchy i feel like ill break something when going back down, you know chinese, prob just over protected over my new bike; its always like that when you get something new lol

EDIT:
how did the pipe fit with the adapter btw? I used it on the grom exhaust i bent it a little but theres still a little leak it looks like but fuck it ima leave it like that

Old 08-10-2018, 09:46 PM   #6

EDIT:
how did the pipe fit with the adapter btw? I used it on the grom exhaust i bent it a little but theres still a little leak it looks like but fuck it ima leave it like that.

Lucas ,please re-visit my "Build List and Parts " post, I am updating it by Editing it as I install parts . I used the spacer and was able to "sort of" make the AR Racing ( Aodonly) pipe work ,but so many people have had to have them heated and bent ,and

to make mine perfect I was likely looking at that ,so I took it off and used the exhaust wlfpck had told me about ,it fit perfectly with no hassle. I added the part number for it to my build list post and a link and price. The low exhaust imapdog uses I also was able to confirm fits great , but you will need to go buy a couple spacers for the mount bracket ,Tractor Supply has them and I'm sure other hardware stores do as well.

I also found some other Grom parts I ordered will NOT work/fit on the Clones so you may want to read over the bottom section "What did NOT work" of that post. I don't mind they don't fit ,I knew it was a risk going into this and I'll just give them to people that own Groms who can use them.At least we now know what will and will not work or fit to some degree and that is what this was about to some degree, if I can help one person to find out for sure what will and will not fit or work then it has been worthwhile, and so far MUCH more WILL fit than will not , so it's mostly good news!

Love that White color on your bike , anything goes good on White,thats what color my drift Mustang GT is lol !

Later Bro !
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 08-10-2018, 11:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrowRides View Post

the only thing I instantly was not a fan of is the seat, the big hump plus deep dish in it pushed you up against the tank and I suppose you get used to it but I dont like it .I already have a new Grom seat here and it is much flatter so that will definitely be way up on my
Bikes have a designed front/rear weight bias...
you should be sitting somewhere above the foot pegs..
I know on a small bike it feels cramped to sit in the correct
place exspecialy if you are on the taller side...

77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 08-10-2018, 11:57 PM   #8

pictures yet?

Old 08-13-2018, 11:24 AM   #9

My seat is about uncomfortable too but whatever. Sometimes I ride close up to the tank to grip it when doing my rr racing maneuvers and other times sit back when farging around,...haha
Where's them pics red?!

Old 08-13-2018, 09:41 PM   #10

I ordered seat concepts new seat cover for mine