Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2008, 12:19 PM   #1

Called dealer

Well I called atvdiscounter and spoke to a nice guy named Doug..

Price was quoted to me as $1299 shipped...

Local dealer wants $1550

I don't have $$ for either yet but should I go for cheaper or wait until I get the money up to locally?

Old 01-27-2008, 08:10 PM   #2

If it's assembled well at the dealer, and all bolts are gone over, possibly loctited...that would be worth it (make sure they at least torque your bolts and check them every once in a while)

note: these aren't super high quality bolts so make sure you're not torque-ing them like they were super-titanium-never-strip-superman-bolts

Also, registration can be an issue. I don't know about atvdiscounter, they seem like a good seller. It might be worth it just to go with the local dealer so you don't have to go out of your way or wait a long time to get it registered.

Old 01-27-2008, 10:24 PM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to killerminis
Local dealer

if the local dealer will "PREP" it correctly, and support the machine after the sale definetly go with them.. It will make it alot easier down the road for parts and service.

Alot of people don't realize what all dealers do to prep machines before the customers receive them. It's an important step... Engine break in and first service is also important so do your research.

Old 01-28-2008, 12:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGongJitsu

Also, registration can be an issue. I don't know about atvdiscounter, they seem like a good seller. It might be worth it just to go with the local dealer so you don't have to go out of your way or wait a long time to get it registered.
Thanks for mentioning this. This has been discussed many times here. There are/were those who really want to save the few hundred dollars by mail ordering, and then post for months and months about how difficult it was to register their bikes, (sometimes) how bad the dealer was (it was really the buyer not doing their registration homework for their state).

If the registration process in Alabama is anything like Arizona, then the chances for issues are lessened. If worse comes to worse in AZ, you might just need to bond the title (another $100 or $150--keep the cost of the bonded title in mind) to prove to the state that you really do own the bike and no one else can claim it as theirs down the road.

However, AZ is one of the few states in which one can street register off-road buggies, quads, and 2 stroke dirt bikes. AZ bases the registration on street equipment, and title, so more than likely, you won't have too much trouble with registration. If Alabama is similar, then mail order might be acceptable.

However, some have reported, even from reputable mail order places, that the papers still took a few weeks to get to them. If you want/need to ride the bike right away, a dealer would (normally) allow for this, whereas a mail order company might make you wait longer than what you find acceptable (again, bad-mouthing the company here on Chinariders.net until the paperwork is received--it has happended quite often, too)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard