Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2018, 12:56 PM   #1

Mia

We had a few members that were pretty active here a while back. I tried contacting a few but was unsuccessful. Has anyone been in contact with any of these guys? Hopefully these guys are okay. I missed having them around because they were involved with the community.
emptyschmitz
Rail32
oldscooter
2022 Lifan KPX250
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S (Sold)
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 06-05-2018, 06:13 PM   #2

I have not but there are a few that I have wondered about. One we learned passed away.

I hope everyone else is OK.

Old 06-06-2018, 10:30 AM   #3

Forums change over time but fortunately, we still manage to gather friendly, knowledgeable folks.
I'm still adjusting to no Spud or Fastdoc. Haven't seen our local dumpster diver around lately either.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 06-06-2018, 11:21 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Forums change over time but fortunately, we still manage to gather friendly, knowledgeable folks.
I'm still adjusting to no Spud or Fastdoc. Haven't seen our local dumpster diver around lately either.
I plan on staying around. Just a great bunch of folks here.
2022 Lifan KPX250
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S (Sold)
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 06-06-2018, 12:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Allen pops in once in awhile, but no Doc or Spud lately.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-10-2018, 03:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
I plan on staying around. Just a great bunch of folks here.
I got involved with my Texas riders forum but honestly sometimes the company can seem too serious. This place is just naturally humble and good natured.

My opinion was that spud got fed up with his breakdown on the rx3 and decided to move on to the kaw x300 crowd. I have no idea, just speculating since these were among the last posts from him dealing with the head issues. Its cool, he gave everyone great insight to these chinease bikes .

I have a jap bike now myself but just enjoy the company
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 06-11-2018, 11:27 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
I got involved with my Texas riders forum but honestly sometimes the company can seem too serious. This place is just naturally humble and good natured.

My opinion was that spud got fed up with his breakdown on the rx3 and decided to move on to the kaw x300 crowd. I have no idea, just speculating since these were among the last posts from him dealing with the head issues. Its cool, he gave everyone great insight to these chinease bikes .

I have a jap bike now myself but just enjoy the company

He has had really good luck with Chinese bikes until he got the RX3. It sucks that he had a bike from a reputable source give him so much grief.

I don't own a China bike. I came over looking for info and just stayed around to lend a hand. Unfortunately, life is about to change drastically for me over the next three years. I probably won't be online as much as I am now, if at all.

Old 06-12-2018, 10:07 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
Unfortunately, life is about to change drastically for me over the next three years. I probably won't be online as much as I am now, if at all.
Well that sucks. I hope all is well. Hate to lose another old timer.

I'm not sure if Spud got fed up with his RX3 or just ventured elsewhere due to eventual migration. He started picking up a number of Japanese bikes in recent years.

He was the Grand Poobah of the Cult of the Zong and always talked about what great support that CSC had given him. I hope something didn't break down there. Regardless, even if something went distastefully wrong, he's too gracious to say anything.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 06-12-2018, 11:18 AM   #9

Quote:
Unfortunately, life is about to change drastically for me over the next three years. I probably won't be online as much as I am now, if at all.
As 2LZ says, that sucks. I hope for the best for you.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-12-2018, 12:29 PM   #10

Quote:
He has had really good luck with Chinese bikes until he got the RX3. It sucks that he had a bike from a reputable source give him so much grief.

I don't own a China bike. I came over looking for info and just stayed around to lend a hand. Unfortunately, life is about to change drastically for me over the next three years. I probably won't be online as much as I am now, if at all.
Always enjoyed your input, but we understand.

Quote:
Well that sucks. I hope all is well. Hate to lose another old timer.

I'm not sure if Spud got fed up with his RX3 or just ventured elsewhere due to eventual migration. He started picking up a number of Japanese bikes in recent years.

He was the Grand Poobah of the Cult of the Zong and always talked about what great support that CSC had given him. I hope something didn't break down there. Regardless, even if something went distastefully wrong, he's too gracious to say anything.
Well put. Yes, when I started this place I thought he was the owner of this site. Has been a principle figure on how everyone should act on this site. I hate talking like this , like some is passed, ha.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 06-12-2018, 01:41 PM   #11

Well it's not a bad thing. My son will be graduating high school and joining the air force. I will be taking some much needed and deserved time to explore the US a little. Some will be by motorcycle, some by boat that I hopefully build, and some by vehicle.

The only hard part will be separating from my son's mother. We decided to divide and sell everything once our son is out of high school. She wants to go back to KY to help with her aging mother and to be a grandmother to her grandchildren. She was previously married before we met as was I. She had two girls and I had a son. Then we had a son together. He is the last one at home. Her family isn't to friendly to me because I'm an outsider and not from their village. So I'll be going back to exploring my world the way I did in my teens and early 20's.

Old 06-24-2018, 02:27 PM   #12

I see a Spud in the online list!!
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 06-24-2018, 02:45 PM   #13

i was very active with my camaro forum for about the first 4 years ,over 2000 posts,then i found how much more active others were ,i would notice people who were active i would not hear from them in like 1 years ,most people only use forum 10 X or less,i plan to be around hear more then the camaro forum ,

Its got to be like the same group of like 8 people ,it happens ,this oen dont seem to be lacking those in need of help ,but yes they will allways come an go an alot of time we will never know,so just for this day i will be greatful for those who are hear or there no matter what form of chating with others there is ,like face book not for me twitter no ,mabey they are watering there plants in famrville

note when you finding yourself talking to yourself on the forum or respondeing to your own posts. you might be on the wrong forum owner had gone mia from the camaro forum