Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2008, 08:11 PM   #1

Chinese bikes VS. KTM Bikes

That's almost funny even typing it ?
After looking closely at KTM's the other day, Saturday to be exact, up close in person, sitting on them, they are beautifully made machines.
Worth $8,000.00 ? Heck no . Maybe $5,000.00 on a good day . Do you get what you pay for on a KTM ? No. That even came out of the dealers mouth . You pay alot for thier name and heritage he says. Not that they ever won any races till recently when they stole Japenese designs for thier motors and suspensions . Fact !
They are nice though . Parts are astronomically priced, high, just like there price-tag for the bike . Hope nothing ever brakes on yours OnceDead ?

Then there is the China bikes . You get what you pay for and more almost always . Cheap parts, and I can find them, how about you ?
Are they as good as KTM ? No way . Are you happy when you ride them ? Yes. Do you feel ripped off when you ride your $1,300.00 China bike you know is worth twice that ? Not even close .
Do you wish you had a KTM ? Heck no, I couldn't afford the exhaust bipe, it costs with Header more than my whole China Bike, Fact !
Will it outperform a KTM? Never .
Is it what I wanted? Yes it is and was and I would I buy another, and will !

I love it when folks try to compair two bikes that are not even in the same playing field ? It is as laughable as this post I just posted .
I guess that is the point I am trying to make . If you want a KTM, then go get one . If you want a China bike , go get one. They both are cool, but if you buy a KTM, a new one , your going to get ripped off . If you buy a Chinese bike, a new one, you are going to get a GREAT deal and pay exactly what they worth and then much more !
Now thats truth, and nothing to laugh about.

Cheers, Kelly5150

Old 01-20-2008, 10:32 PM   #2

Send a message via MSN to liverchip
Good point Kelly!

2007 X-Moto(Jetmoto) GY250
--mods---
15/40 sprockets
UNI Pod Filter

2007 Shineray TMS 200XYi--Betsy
Betsy Mods:______________________
Acerbis DHH headlight
FMF Powercore pipe
Uni Pod Filter

Old 01-20-2008, 11:01 PM   #3

Problem is i got a china bike i dont want. Guess ill just chock it up as a lose

Old 01-20-2008, 11:22 PM   #4

Why don't you want your bike? I thought it was a pretty good looking bike from your pics...

I was under the impression that the newer motocross-style china bikes had better suspension than previous china bikes??

Old 01-21-2008, 01:38 AM   #5

China bike re-sale value

I hope you could keep your China bike OnceDead , but I understand you need the money for the new bike. I can relate, but too bad you just can't hang onto it for when your KTM goes down or needs repair. WHich will happen of course, no bike is immune to thirty foot jumps or new pistons, valves, carbs, tires, wheels, throttle cables snapping, etc, etc .....
I like the price your asking, if its still in nice condition , should make someone a good bike for what it is . It sure looks good with the Gold and Black color scheme .
In one of your posts earlier, not sure which one it was you commented on how my Viva was perfect ? No, it isn't perfect, but its close . I have been
writing all along that I wish the smogg didn't make it idle so strange, so it is not perfect. As a bike I love, yes, it is perfect for me . Are there any shortcommings about the Viva ? Not many, and I couldn't count them on one hand ? For the price , and here goes again, it is WAY beyond its $1,300.00 in value and performance. I have enough miles on it now to open it up and it is near scarey speed-wise . I was brought up on 2-strokes, so this overwhelming torque right out of the box is new to me. I like it, but you got to be paying attention or your on your back with these 250cc bikes. I wish I lived in PA, I would probably buy your bike, but I don't and shipping will eat me alive, let alone I don't like buying used bikes really , especially if I did not break it in, and I think I remember how hard you were on yours . I hope you find a buyer . You could probably make alot more parting it out OnceDead ? Ever enter your mind ?
Good luck and I KNOW your going to have a blast on that KTM ! Plus you could actually race it with the big boys ,which you can't do with these 250 China bikes. Well, you could, but you'd lose . LOL !

Take care, good luck, Kelly out

Old 01-21-2008, 01:57 PM   #6

I love it when people complain about these bikes, I agree with You...Just what did they think they were getting? If hey paid 8 grand for a roketa I could understand them being mad about the product. But they bought a generic bike at a generic price.....And the bikes are pretty dang nice for the price. I wish they would just get a fricken clue and stop crying about them. Most complaints can be narrowed down to being put togethor wrong or abuse. In other words an I D 10 t error.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:58 PM   #7

AZ200cc

AZ200cc ,
Now thats funny, I am not the only one here that rants . Good job ! LoL!
You hit on a key issue and that was your comment ( fact ) that complaints are generally comming from the lack of being able to put these bikes together right, which takes some doing by the way, and the fact they are abusive riders riding them . Over-filling the oil is abuse , let aone harsh break-ins on the motors is abuse too . Of course those are opinions of mine, but I started the threade , so I can and will rant as much as allowded in respect to others of course . "Its my party, and I will rant if I want to" Loddidoddoddoddoooooo ....
The other notable issue with the whiners and China-Bike-Badmouthers here that actually owne the bikes and want other bikes, like the KTM is that they have destroyed thier bikes from what you pointed out to be the culprit to start with the problems with these bikes, and then they blaime the bikes ????? Go figure ? It aint the bikes man, its the people .
You cannot ride these China bikes like a KTM Race Ready 2-stroke 250 .
No, you cannot . You can try, but it will break , fast . You can ride nice and it will last your lifetime thouugh, that I promise you . You can break it in right, keep the oil where it should be, fresh too , not over-filled , and it will last your lifetime too, I promise you that too.
You know, I would like a KTM I guess, but I sure wouldn't want to feed it !
My next bike is going to sure as heck be another nice China something, I know that much . I have money to buy any bike in actuality, but I don't want to spend that kind of money anymore on bikes . I would rather have ALLOT of cool bikes in different sizes, calibers , CC's, styles , and ride allot and not narrow my life down to one bike that cost me my left arm that can only do one thing well and cost me a fortune when it breaks ????
So far, I couldn't ask for a more reliable bike than a China bike ? Sorry but its true. I got soem good hard and soft miles on the one and the other I even tried to break in half jumping it and I couldn't ? I am sold big time on these bikes and I will continue to support and buy and promote them 100% ...
If I was racing again, then the story would have to be different as the race bikes are a whole different caliber of bike and you MUST have them too to compete , period, end of story . Thats the other problem, people who buy these nicer China Bikes like the Viva 250 or Apollos 250 ride them like they are a KTM. Well, fellas and gals, that aint going to work, they are NOT a KTM and never will be no matter how much you lie to yourself .
They are what they are and they are wonderful .

Kelly5150 out

Old 01-21-2008, 03:31 PM   #8

I'm usually a very nice guy on here..But one person has been dogging these bikes every chance they get and it's been pizzing me off. How people can expect a bike that costs 800 bucks to perform like a fricken Honda is beyond me. It's like buying a toy at the dollar store and comlaining about it when Your kid breaks it.

Old 01-21-2008, 04:23 PM   #9

Send a message via MSN to liverchip
Couldn't have said it better myself. Off the subject, but my boy is ready to move from the 'kwad' to a bike and what will I be getting? Chinese of course!

2007 X-Moto(Jetmoto) GY250
--mods---
15/40 sprockets
UNI Pod Filter

2007 Shineray TMS 200XYi--Betsy
Betsy Mods:______________________
Acerbis DHH headlight
FMF Powercore pipe
Uni Pod Filter

Old 01-21-2008, 04:56 PM   #10

LiverChip , Im'e guessing another Shinray !?

Im'e guessing it will be another Shinray 200cc , LiverChip ???? Hey they ought to name a bike after you, the Shinray LiverChip 200cc ?
Sounds pretty good to me.
That will just add to your already famous legacy here on the board .

Bummer about Apple Valley, ( private conversation ) man thats allot of people there. I think it was barely 20,000 in 1986 ????

Glad to hear your getting the cub into Dirt Bikes, they will love it. Especially something racey like the Shinray . Or an Apollo ? They make that really cool 150cc you know ? It only has kickstart which is how all younger kids should learn IMHO .....Would be great starter bike, but so would a Shinray 200cc , albeit a bit fast for a young kid maybe ?
Or if you got $7,000.00 and hated Chinese bikes after you broke yours, you could buy a KTM 125cc ???? You'd need a ladder to climb aboard it though . And a sheet to throw over your head when you tell your friends what you had to pay for it .
:wink:

Cheers, Kelly5150out

Old 01-21-2008, 09:31 PM   #11

The hensim 150 is supposed to be a good bike. Its too bad because they were headquartered in Valencia, near you, up to not too long ago, and now moved to City of Industry.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard