Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2007, 07:26 AM   #1

VX250 Preditor Ignition switch

Be aware if you buy one of these bikes that the ignition switch , which is connected to a mount on the handlebars tripple-tree is made to where the wiring touches the fork stem nut. They in thier infinate Chinese assembly wisdom neglected to cover the entire harness and a metal connector touches the fork stem nut when you turn, causing the bike to detonate or stall . I thought it was being starved for gas when I first started running it, but then after lots of cussing and paying attention I noticed it only detonated as I turned the bars, causing the little peice of metal to touch the fork nut, causing it to die . What a pain that was diagnosing that little issue, so BE AWARE if you buy one of these bikes !!!

The mount gets mounted elswhere today !

Cheers, now go out and play in the dirst like your Mother told you not to do ! :twisted:

Old 12-16-2007, 03:59 PM   #2

That switch works better if you cut the wires off it and throw it in the trash.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:32 PM   #3

Oncedead

Okeedokee, your right, if you don't want a switch .
I personally need a bit of security from stupid people in my garage hitting the starter button even if they shouldn't be touching my bike ( it always happens anyway ) , so for me it stays . I put it hidden in the air-dam plastic, out of the way, safe from idiots, and most importantly away from thieves that may think they are going to just start the bike and go . That is if they can get by my Rottweiler, alarm system, Colt Anaconda , or my girlfriend and her Desert Eagle first .

Cheers, Kelly out