Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2017, 07:58 PM   #1

Interesting find on Superiorpowersports' site

https://www.superiorpowersports.com/...n250db-41h.htm

The problem I can see is, well...it is superiorpowersports

If you look closely at the ad, besides the usual 'Californians need not apply', it seems that people from New Jersey and Pennsylvania also 'need not apply.' This seems confusing because assuming these are 2016 models, and are the BS250-GY-18D model as shown in their ad, they fall on the exact same certificate as the Brozz, the Shark, and the Storm models (among others listed but not imported here) so should NOT be a problem to register. My guess is they are being over-cautious as opposed to those dealers who had shipped Hawks to 'forbidden' states, like rwl6936's current Hawk issue involving Powersportsmax and New Jersey. It kind of makes them seem ignorant, but if you are from NJ or Penn, and are sure you can register them (Bashan's first three VIN letters, 'LHJ' show up on NJ's list of AUTHORIZED bikes) you would probably have to have one shipped to a friend out of state since superior will not ship one to you. How ironic!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-31-2017, 08:43 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
culcune....Didn't people have problems in Pennsylvania three or four years ago getting titles for bikes that the vin numbers started with L.
I vaguely maybe recall some sort of nonsense like that. But NJ expressly has a list of approved bikes on their DMV site. I have not seen anyone from Penn lately, so have not bothered to check out their site and what they will allow or not allow, but now I might want to try looking for something

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 03-31-2017, 08:47 PM   #3

That bike looks very familiar. Where have I seen that before?

Let's go ask Don...

Old 03-31-2017, 09:18 PM   #4

A few manufacturers got into trouble about 6 or so years ago--American Lifan and Wildfire are two I recall that got in trouble federally. Keep in mind that Lifan was an OEM for a few brands, as well. The situation you are writing about might be related or even some kind of fraud with another brand (What!? Chinese manufacturers, distributors trying to pull fast ones??? ) If it involved Lifan being an OEM for someone (I actually believe they were the OEM for Wildfire), that might be where the 'L' came in. Lifan's is 'LXA'

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 03-31-2017, 09:18 PM   #5

How is the enforcer using the brozz,shark,storm certificate when the engine is not the same?

Old 03-31-2017, 09:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshevie View Post
How is the enforcer using the brozz,shark,storm certificate when the engine is not the same?
Good point! That is what threw me off with the first two buyers of the Enforcers confirming the engine was NOT the same; ski_rush above being one of the two. Come to think of it, no one has been able to buy an Enforcer since! I wonder if there is a slight possibility that has something to do with it? I know for sure there is no other listing for the '18D' on its own certificate...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-03-2017, 12:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
I think it was over some scooters that had wrong VIN numbers or made up numbers on them.
I think I remember that too. Some counter person rejected it because it started with an "L" (signifying China)..then if I remember correctly, some supervisor got involved and got it straightened out???? Sound familiar?

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-03-2017, 01:58 PM   #8

enforcer update

Hi guys,,been awhile, been buisy at work..the bike is doing great,have done a few mods on it so far. Rejetted with the mukuni jets..115 and 1 3/4 turn out on the air fuel screw also have changed rear sprocket to 43 tooth over the 46...bike runs great....now the crappy news..NC dmv is being a pain in the butt about the registration....just nit picky crap.that I have already taken care of ...just have to get it all together maybe this week ..this will be the 3rd time to the dmv....I guess its just who you talk to there.....oh checked on insurance geiko will insure for about $70 a year... warm weather is coming got to get it done time to ride soon.