Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2017, 01:35 PM   #1

Killer Motor Sports, 250cc Hawk

Hello all,
Purchased my bike through killermotorsports.com. I know that have pretty terrible reviews from the past, but I took a leap of faith, and it paid off.

I bought the bike last winter (2016), and it took a couple of weeks to arrive. Shipped through RNL (R&L?) carriers, I think, which was a small hassle because they drive full sized semi trucks and I lived on a country road. But it arrived relatively soon. It did seem like it had been through a bit of a rough ride, but the only cosmetic issue the was visible on the final bike was a nick in the metal handle on the rear seat, probably from the metal crate it was shipped in. The only issue I really had with shipping was that a few of the extra nuts/bolts were just loose in the crate, and could have easily fallen through a hole in the bottom. Luckily they didn't, and I don't anticipate this was does on purpose. As for paperwork, it shipped with an invoice and everything, but the MCO that came with it was blank (and thus no good.) It was simple matter of requesting a new MCO through their site using the VIN from the bike and my personal information, but it would have been nice to have it ship with the bike. I received a new one in the mail within a couple of weeks, and was able to use it to title my motorcycle in Georgia without any issues (I've detailed the titling process in another thread.)

As far as customer service, I spoke with them on a couple of occasions. The first time, I called because I never received a tracking number for the shipment by email. The answered promptly and were very helpful, and gave me exactly what I was looking for.
The second time I called, it was because I broke a mirror when I dropped the bike. I tried ordering one through their parts request on their website, but I never received a response. I eventually called them, and they bounced me back and forth between different people and didn't get me to anyone who could actually send me the part I needed. So I lost patience and found another site that had the part I was looking for.

All in all, not a terrible company, certainly not as bad as their reviews say, but they certainly aren't without their flaws. But in the end, I received exactly what I paid for, and in good working condition. I have not had any problems with the bike itself, and it shipped with every last nut and bolt it needed. I will say, it didn't have any directions, but as long as you aren't a caveman, it won't be difficult to figure out.

Tags
250, haosen, hawk, killer motor sports, kms