Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2016, 12:38 AM   #1

Hawk 250cc passenger pegs? and other Questions

Seriously considering buying a Hawk, I've watched several video's on youtube like the ones from Motocheeze, which I enjoy watching. Honestly when I first saw the Hawk I wasn't very interested in it but the more I really looked at it and researched it the more I love it. My last "dirt" bike was an '86 Honda CR 250 2-stroke so I was concerned about stepping down in power but really my riding style has changed since the CR and the Hawk is perfect for my needs now. And I am looking for a 4-stroke this time and 4-strokes just don't have that zip like a 2-stroke so that's a given, plus I've come to love the looks of the Hawk and the way it's set up. I like the fact that you finish the assembly yourself and it looks super comfortable, love that plush suspension. I plan on buying a Black- Hawk because there my favorite. I pretty much have answers for most of my questions about the bike. One thing I would like to ask is does the passenger foot pegs stay folded up like they should or has anyone had troubles with them falling down on there own? Also Q9powersports seems to be the only dealer offering the $1,324. price... Does anyone know of another dealer who is offering them for that price, as it's in my price range. I only want a 2016 (or '17) Hawk 250cc (Black) with black engine and silver rims, and if I can't get the exact model I want from Q9 i'd like to know if there is another dealer I can go to who offers them for the same price. I've spoken with Q9powersports and they told me if I wanted a specific model pkg to let them know a couple weeks before I placed my order and they would try to get my desired options pkg in stock for me. Any info on dealers who offer them for the $1,300. price would be appreciated. in case I need a alternate supplier to improve my chances of finding the exact color pkg I want. I live in South Central Kentucky and have only seen one Hawk in my area but at a distance and only once. I would love to be able to test ride one but there just aren't any Hawk dealers or owners that I know of in my area that I can go to to see or test ride one . Thanks for any info or recommendations. Customer satisfaction or complaints about Hawk dealers or shippers also helpful. I should have the cash to order mine soon and would like to find out reviews about dealers so I don't go with one who has a lot of bad reviews. I believe with some modifications like upgraded exhaust, sprockets, airbox, carb jetting, chain and speedo, I will be able to satisfy all of my concerns about the bike and believe it will suit me perfectly for my needs with those mod's. it's just a super looking bike and can't wait to get mine. Has anyone tried to shoe horn a bigger engine in one yet? or over bore the cylinder? havn't seen anyone yet who has tried any engine swaps, just curious. the Hawk's engine looks identical to the Honda crf 230 engine.

Old 12-17-2016, 01:50 AM   #2

The chrome rims are on the 2015 Hawk. Keep asking questions.

Old 12-18-2016, 12:19 PM   #3

Rebel, The rear pegs will fold up and stay there until you manually fold them back down. I leave my rear pegs down because on longer trips I snake my feet back and rest them on the rear pegs to stretch out and stay comfortable. My 2016 Hawk has black rims with chrome spokes. I also changed to a 17/39 sprocket setup, reworked the carb, and did the exhaust. There are a few other mods out there as well. I really like the digital gauges from HawkClusters@gmail.com. Any other questions we can answer for you before you pull the trigger on a Hawk?

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 12-19-2016, 11:16 AM   #4

Welcome to here! Make sure Kentucky is still legal to register the bike if being street legal is important to you. There are some states, i.e. Georgia, where one apparently has to register their bike in their own county. Some counties had no trouble registering Hawks, but some did--even for Emerikol, who had some issues before finally getting his bike registered. Just for piece of mind.

As far as dealers go--most any place mail-ordering the Hawk is drop-shipping from RPS's headquarters in Dallas. A couple people had great dealings with Txpowersports, but if you search and find Emerikol's post, he had legality issues with his state (as I mentioned), and posted not to use Txpowersports if one lives in Georgia, and they actually responded here that 'he should have known beforehand' as they have a disclaimer on their site. To me, as a dealer, one should try to gather as much information about each and every state (it's called customer service), which might be a near impossible task, but to alleviate any doubt, when someone calls or orders a Hawk, they should get on the phone with the customer to find out if the person simply wants an enduro bike with lights for off-road, or if they do want it on-road, should make sure that customer is pretty sure they can register the bike or not. If not, suggest an alternative bike. Anyway, if YOU find out KY's legality, and feel confident to order from them, then do so, as they have given both Emerikol and another recently joined member, Bill1 (forgot his exact name) very good customer service as far as their orders went (and in spite of the hitch that Emerikol went through). That was because they got their bikes in timely manners, and more importantly, their MCO (paperwork) to register their bike in a timely manner. The advantage that Txpowersports has over most other mail-order dealers is the fact that they are located in the same city as RPS, where the Hawks are 'hatched' in Dallas.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 07-10-2017, 01:17 PM   #5

Does anyone know offhand what size bolts are used for the passenger pegs?

I'm assuming 10mm, but want to be sure I pick-up the right size to bolt my passenger pegs back on. (They came detached when I purchased, and the correct bolts were not included)