Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 04:17 PM   #1

Shineray Speedee 200 questions

Hello, i've noticed that a couple people on here have the Shineray Speedee 200cc enduro bike (db-p12). I like the info so far that I've read about these bikes, but i just have a couple of questions that I'm hoping the Speedee owners can answer.

First question is, Does the beam from the headlight get blocked at all by the front fender? or can you aim it so that it clears it and still lights up what's ahead of you?

Second is an electrical question. I like Parallax's mod for a rear running light, but I'd like to know, can anybody tell me specifically what to do to wire a light like that? I'm new to electrical, so a step by step guide would be much appreciated!

Lastly, what lights are on for the different positions of the light switch? I believe there are off/running light/on positions from pictures i've seen, but if you could tell me exactly what is on when you have it in the different positions, that would be much appreciated!

Thanks all.

Old 09-13-2007, 05:11 PM   #2

Welcome to the group...i'll try to answer some of your questions.

<Does the beam from the headlight get blocked at all by the front fender?>
Only very slightly when the high beam is on...and honestly, i ride my speedee every day unless it's raining hard out...and that includes riding home from work every night at 11pm. I love the brightness of the headlight in both high and low beams...it works perfectly for me. I have not had to adjust the aim at all...

To wire up a license plate light i ran a fairly thick dual wire...(i used a basic 6' extention chord that i cannibalized)...one end goes directly to battery ground (negative)...the other end connects to the headlight wire assembly jack (dongle found behind the headlight). On my Speedee there is a single wire slot on the headlight dongle connector that does not have a wire connected to it. This wire slot is a full time live wire when the ignition is ON. I simply plug the positive wire from the extention chord into this slot. So when the ignition is on, the plate light is on. It has worked 100% since i made it. I do carry extra bulbs with me just in case though...you never know.

The speedee has no "always on" tail light (parking light). When you press the brake, the brake light goes on...so with a plate light mod, that would be the only light on in the rear. It wasn't an issue for me to get it inspected without a full time parking light.

Anyway...on my speedee...turn ignition on, plate light comes on...turn headlight on they come on...choose high or low beam with an adjacent switch. Directionals are just below that switch...horn is just below that. Great positioning...and pretty standard. One thing to note is that you have to turn the directionals off after a turn...they are not spring loaded.

hope this helps...
DB-P12 Shineray Speedee 200 169LFM

Old 09-13-2007, 06:09 PM   #3

Re: Shineray Speedee 200 questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGongJitsu
Hello, i've noticed that a couple people on here have the Shineray Speedee 200cc enduro bike (db-p12). I like the info so far that I've read about these bikes, but i just have a couple of questions that I'm hoping the Speedee owners can answer.

First question is, Does the beam from the headlight get blocked at all by the front fender? or can you aim it so that it clears it and still lights up what's ahead of you?

Second is an electrical question. I like Parallax's mod for a rear running light, but I'd like to know, can anybody tell me specifically what to do to wire a light like that? I'm new to electrical, so a step by step guide would be much appreciated!

Lastly, what lights are on for the different positions of the light switch? I believe there are off/running light/on positions from pictures i've seen, but if you could tell me exactly what is on when you have it in the different positions, that would be much appreciated!

Thanks all.
Why not just buy the other Shineray from Powersportsmax, I forgot the model #, but it costs $829, and appears to have the rear license plate light?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-13-2007, 06:12 PM   #4

Here's the link to it:

http://www.powersportsmax.com/produc...roducts_id/168

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 09-13-2007, 06:33 PM   #5

That bike has different plastics...headlight assembly...mirrors...seat hight...no hand guards...frond disk brake caliper is different...motor even looks different. May be more differences, but that is what i can tell from a quick glance...

Not that that is bad...but the DB-P12 has a look all it's own...

Old 09-13-2007, 06:42 PM   #6

Isn't this also a Shineray Speedee?
http://www.powersportsmax.com/produc...roducts_id/612

I actually like this look better than mine. I have a Sierra, but I was told is is a copy of a speedee Model DB-D023
http://www.chinariders.net/gallery2/...g2_itemId=6387

Old 09-13-2007, 06:58 PM   #7

That IS the shineray speedee...the DB-P12...

I believe the DB-P13 says speedee on it as well...but i have not seen one on here or anywhere else yet other than PSM's website...so i can't confirm. Also it appears PSM doesn't offer the DB-P13 anymore...so it looks like there is only one shineray speedee...and it is sold by PSM as the DB-P12...it is in fact a XY200GYII-D...(pretty sure that is the code)

http://www.shineray.com/html/prodsho...338&typeid=104

And we love ours...

Old 09-13-2007, 07:12 PM   #8

Just to clarify, shineray makes many models of bikes and atvs...as far as i know, only the XY200GYII-D says speedee on it...although i think the other model (note sure of code, but it went by the DB-P13 name at PSM) also said speedee. But that is now gone from thier website...

PSM puts it's own name to these bikes...such as the DB-P12, DB-P01, or whatever...

Please correct me if i'm wrong...but the DB-P12 (XY200GYII-D) is the only "speedee" at this point?

Maybe someone else can chime in here?

Old 09-13-2007, 08:22 PM   #9

Thanks for the info Parallax, I'm definitely going to get a bike with inverted forks as soon as i can sell my pocket rocket and my pit bike.

You're right about the speedee having a look all it's own. I know all these bikes are basically the same, but i am partial to how the speedee looks especially the headlight. I know I don't want to get a bike and every time i look at it think "man, i should have bought that other bike".

I think i'm going to go out on a limb and email powersportsmax to see if they can get more of the db-p13 in stock. I feel like a fool for not pouncing on that as soon as i saw it, because it was everything i wanted in a bike!

I'll let you know how it goes with emailing them, and if they can't get it in stock, i'll just get the db-p12 because it is a really really cool bike!

Old 09-13-2007, 09:00 PM   #10

The bike definitely has a look of its own, but it seems that if you really wanted to have one for the street, the inconvenience of having to create a license plate light would make me opt for the other model.

I just hope that Shineray starts to send its 250 model soon...

http://www.shineray.com/html/prodsho...387&typeid=104

or the camo model that looks ugly yet beautiful at the same time

http://www.shineray.com/html/prodsho...386&typeid=104

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 09-13-2007, 09:06 PM   #11

Yeah...i like both of those new shinerays...

Finally i see shineray has included a feature i have always wanted...a front mounted pizza holder...

hells yeah!!!

Old 09-13-2007, 09:22 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by parallax
Yeah...i like both of those new shinerays...

Finally i see shineray has included a feature i have always wanted...a front mounted pizza holder...

hells yeah!!!
You will surely be the envy of all the other pizza delivery guys :wink:

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 09-13-2007, 09:29 PM   #13

well...i wish i had one of them when i lived in georgia (statesboro) and actually delivered pizzas when i was a kid...

alas...now i just pick one up every now and then...but it seems like i'm always riding my speedee when i get the urge for pizza...lol 8O

Old 09-13-2007, 09:33 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by parallax
...but it seems like i'm always riding my speedee when i get the urge for pizza...lol 8O
Now you will have a very valid argument for the Shineray camo model, huh? 8)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 09-13-2007, 09:46 PM   #15

The tank looks much larger on that camo shineray too.

Allen