Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2016, 02:17 PM   #1

enduro

does anyone have the delani 200 enduro it is a temc, I am looking to buy on monday I am getting mix reviews on the 250 hawk, or others like it. The delani states it goes 75 i know it wont but it seems to be the fastest out there. What should I look for in the spec for rpm and displacement, higher or lower numbers

Old 04-24-2016, 03:08 PM   #2

Depending on the motorcycle it's limited speed could be from one of several reasons, the main one(s) being:

Sprockets, they usually come with a smaller front sprocket and huge back sprocket making the top speed 55 or so even with a properly tuned Carburetor, Air Intake, and Exhaust. On our 'WILL 200' we went with 17t front (17t stock) and 39t rear (56t stock), top speed should be well over 80+ mph now if my maths is correct... and if the engine has enough power/torque to pull that kind of gearing (I wont know until I get the Carb and Exhaust parts and put the moto back together later this week ).

Carburetor, even if you got a Chinese motorcycle with the 'high speed gearing/sprocket set up' your carburetor will come too lean and lack the fuel/power delivery you want at high speeds. Playing with jetting size or upgrading to a different brand of Carburetor usually fixes that issue... but your stock Air Intake and Exhaust System may have tons of restrictions, making a complete combustion process impossible.

Air Intake upgrades are easy, can be as simple as changing the Air Filter to a name brand or swap to a High Flowing Pod Foam Filter, or as complicated as modifying the stock intake to actually breath and filter air properly. The more AIR you give to the engine the more FUEL you can add, if you get those numbers just right you can make a little bit extra power on a otherwise stock engine.

Exhaust on most of these motorcycles are extremely heavy and are as free flowing as breathing through a solid block of wood. You can fix this but depending on the motorcycle it might be as simple as removing a few poor welding spots, or bashing out the 'Cat', or you might need to get a custom built header welded up, the Muffler is easy, most of us use a FMF Turbinecore Universal with S/A... drops a bunch of weight and has a USA Forest approved "Spark Arrestor" so you can go 'off road trailing, riding, and exploring'.

Not trying to 'step on your toes' or anything, just trying to say (and get you ready for the fact) that no matter what Chinese Moto you buy, you will most likely have to put a few upgrades on it to be fully happy with it .

WILL 200 Stock:
17t Front, 56t Rear Sprocket, top speed '55 indicated'*
PZ30 "K" branded carb, anything above 1/2 throttle would bog/kill the engine
Exhaust... did you read my "try breathing through a block of wood" (ID 22mm )
Exhaust Header Gasket... crushed and cut up spring/soda pop looking thing... ID 23.5mm

WILL 200 Upgraded:
17t Front, 39t Rear Sprocket, top speed ? 80+ ?
Mikuni 30mm Carburetor ('Clone'), still waiting on jets to tune properly, but even with the 100 main and 20 slow jets, power and speed has improved, I hit over 65 mph 'indicated'*
Exhaust, 1 and 1/4 inch FMF Turbinecore Universal Muffler, and custom exhaust Header, still waiting on the custom header.
Exhaust Header Gasket, proper Copper Crush Gasket, ID 31.5mm

*'Indicated' I didn't have my GPS with me on these rides so actual speed will be 'off'

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 04-24-2016, 06:18 PM   #3

Before you go through too much in modifications, buy the bike and wear it in. The front sprocket, if it is spec'd from sunright (currently, the only distributor of TMEC 200 bikes) like mine was spec'd from Excalibur (they got out of the Chinese bike business to concentrate on their new line--TGB scooters), then you have a 17 tooth countersprocket and a 56 tooth rear sprocket. My bike is a '13 model, and I never had complaints with the stock carb. That might have changed in the past few years, however. I also have the 17"/17" street tire option, and since I only commuted 33 miles a day, that is most all I needed. The only modification I made was tracking down a 48 tooth rear sprocket. For some reason, TMEC used an oddball hub, and these are the bikes the TMEC's hub emulated; all are Euro bikes:

http://www.jtsprockets.com/catalogue...ket/JTR1134-48 http://www.jtsprockets.com/catalogue...ket/JTR1134-50 http://www.jtsprockets.com/catalogue...ket/JTR1134-51

and three more--the JTR1134.52, the JTR1134.54, and the JTR1134.56 (the stock one). The 48 tooth was a little peaky in my opinion for commuting, but far better than the stock 56, for sure! It was confusing trying to order from JT as they are headquartered in the UK and their representatives in the US do not carry the 1134 lineup. So, I found a couple dozen online retailers from Europe, and only one had no problem dealing with me in the US. http://www.chainsandsprockets.com/pr...ocket-48-teeth My review is still on their site, LOL

Anyway, that would be the only modification to start with in my opinion, then you should play with other things if you feel the need to do so.

In the meantime, I just found this video and invited the guy to join us here. The two of you could connect here or on youtube and compare notes. He might even be near you! I am very impressed with the new graphics backing up the orange paint on this guy's bike--much better than the HUGE white block letters of the older Denalis (the Excalibur TMEC 200's had much more tame block lettering).

I still have my TMEC, but following an accident in which an SUV forced me off the road and crashing onto the sidewalk, the bike had issues after than. I did ride it for about 7 months straight after the crash, but the damage seemed to have taken its toll over time in the form of cracked frame bits and other issues. I had the accident with about 3000 miles on it, but still rode it for over 7000 more. I possibly have a buyer for it, but am not in too much of a hurry to sell it. The engine still runs.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard