Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2016, 02:09 AM   #1

Videos of my Bashan storm 250 - ready for the road trip

Hi everyone
here are some videos i made today, after running around like crazy getting everything ready while working full time... so i had about an hour of daylight to make you these videos showing the bike.. what i modified on it.. and for who ever is interested also what i packed for the 1-2 month road trip im starting tomorrow morning...
have fun

part 1 packing:
part 2 packing:

Good night

Old 04-03-2016, 02:14 AM   #2

Good luck Eve.. have a great trip, and whatever happens, I know you will grow from the experience.

x - BE SAFE! Jeff and Lisa - x
1995 Harley Davidson Chopper build from ground up.
1983 Yamaha XJ900 REBUILT!
1971 Triumph Daytona 500 - Restored
1987 Yamaha FJ1200

Old 04-03-2016, 02:26 AM   #3

I have never taken a long trip, but my guess is, as long as it doesn't slow you down, or fall off, whatever you pack that stays on the bike should be okay.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-03-2016, 07:47 AM   #4

have a good trip girl...BE SAFE ! post when u can during your trip.

Old 04-03-2016, 11:10 AM   #5

Thanks for posting the nice videos, Evelyn. I hope you have a wonderful and safe trip.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-03-2016, 11:18 AM   #6

Please consider posting an updated ride report every few days in our Ride Reports Forum. We would love to follow your progress as you ride to New York, and view photos from the places you visit along the way.

http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=113

Also, if you have mechanical troubles, or problems of any other kind, we will be available to help you. If you are travelling near the home towns of other China Riders, I am sure they will be happy to meet you, and offer assistance, or advice.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Last edited by SpudRider; 04-03-2016 at 12:10 PM.

Old 04-03-2016, 11:34 AM   #7

I'm in the Fort Collins CO / Cheyenne Wyoming area, if you pass near those areas and need anything, I will gladly help out if I can

Have a safe trip

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 04-03-2016, 12:55 PM   #8

Thumbs Up

what a cute accent good luck and one thing, make a habit-every morning before start out for the day, walk very slowly around the bike looking for anything "not right", like a pre-flight inspection every pilot is trained to do. good habit to develop when its YOUR fanny on the line. check your gas level, by eye. get a little "touchy-feely" with the security of your packed items, make sure your tiedowns are secure and not going to fall into the spokes (RUN YOUR FINGERS ACROSS THOSE TOO)if they come loose, check the tension and spray lube the chain ( the dupont stuff at walmart is the best i've found in 50 years or so, and cheap it will keep your chain stretch to a minimum.
look underneath, make sure you are not leaking anything and that the tires aren't sagging from lack of air pressure,, while the bike is warming up listen carefully for any new sounds not there before, finger check the tightness of the axle, brake and foot peg bolts.
finally,
climb on and enjoy our country

i will assume some one has set the rear shock preload for your loaded weight. if not, the first big road bump at speed might hurt a bit
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 04-03-2016, 01:08 PM   #9

one other comment having watched your packing videos. the various value meals/items you can find on the menus at nation wide places like burger king , wendys, mcdonalds, etc. are often cheaper than anything you can prepare yourself (except instant oatmeal etc. and a LOT easier on your bike's weight. lol. as for availability, hard Not to run into these type of places across the us.
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 04-03-2016, 01:41 PM   #10

Safe journey to you Evelyn.
We admir e your chutzpah.

your story and the ridereport from 'oldnweed' on advrider are inspirational.

talking about your stories has actually captured my wife's interest in learning to ride and
Since i have two hawks in the nest yiu can bet i am hopeful.

anyway we have four bedrooms and its just the two of us and our bossy cats.
if you are coming through washington Dc and need a place to rest up and do any maintenance Pm me. Of course youll have to share stories and pics in exchange : )

Old 04-03-2016, 09:12 PM   #11

Good luck and safe travels.

"No matter what happens, travel gives stories to tell" so don't forget to give us updates, we will be looking for them daily.

Old 04-04-2016, 12:33 AM   #12

Have a safe trip! Hope everything works well for you. I wish I could take a trip like that!

Like Spud said, If your passing by any of our locations and need anything let us know!

Im very eager to hear about your travels along the way, be sure to post when you can.

Good luck! Hope the Storm proves itself.

Old 04-04-2016, 06:31 AM   #13

You certainly are loaded for bear. Reminds me a bit of my first overland trip. I came home with half of what I started with. That's beside the point, enjoy your trip and travel safely.You are one of the few China bike overlanders, I look forward to hearing more about your adventure.

2015 Haosen Hawk 250
2014 CRF250L
2014 CB500X Rally Raid

Old 04-04-2016, 12:05 PM   #14

Very inspirational! Please have an awesome and safe trip, Evelyn and please stay in touch...and dossbag, you seem one heck of a friend. More folks need close friends such as yourself. The world would be a better place!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-04-2016, 03:08 PM   #15

Best Wishes Evelyn.

As mentioned about doing a walk-a-round, and as a fellow Bashan Storm Owner, I would like you to pay particular attention to the luggage rack. Looks like you have a fairly good load on the rack and I have seen better built racks fail on dirt/bumpy roads. The cracks will start forming at the welds right by the seat/grab handle connection.

I just looked at mine and I think if you were to wedge a piece of that polystyrene foam under the rack, just above the tail and turn, (about 3/4 material) the vibrations would be lessened. The subframe of the motorcycle goes back to the turn signal mounting. Use some soft material to protect the paint. You don't want so much tension that it buckles the fender, but enough to help muffle the vibrations at the back end.

You are welcome to stop by if you pass Tucson. Summer gets really hot out here. Just give me a heads up if possible.

BTW, your bike looks amazing.

Happy Trails, take lots of pictures
Be a Piggy!