Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 05:55 PM   #1

DB-07A/RSX 200E Assembly Help

Just unpacked my new bike from its crate. I am desperately trying to make sense of the installation manual. I have problems with the rear shock/swing arm assembly. How did you manage this seemingly unsurmountable task? There is no apparent play in the shocks so I am not able to match it to the swing arm to place the bolt and join them together. As this is the first step, my installation is now stalled. I would greatly, greatly appreciate any help with installation tips and procedures. My manual does not really do it for me. How did you keep the bike up during installation? Help!

Old 09-07-2007, 06:01 PM   #2

drop the rear tire, as in, set the bike up on something, supporting it in the middle, like a milk crate or some sort of small chair. with the rear wheel hanging, move the swing arm and secure the bolt.

Old 09-07-2007, 06:02 PM   #3

A member, (alchemy541)who has not been active in a long while, used straps from his ceiling.

http://www.chinariders.net/gallery2/...g2_itemId=1796

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-07-2007, 09:05 PM   #4

Yeah, the milk crate in the middle handled it, thanks. I was able to secure the swing arm to the shocks. Next step was the front tire install. Okay, seems like a straightforward thing; however, the disc pads didn't want to remain open. I had already put in the handlebars, the odometer, ignition, choke and the front signal lights (haven't found where you plug the wires for these). Now I have to raise the front about 10" to slide in the front tire and bolt them in with the speedometer disc. How would you release the disc pads so that there is room for the metal disc to slide in? And how do you raise the front end to the necessary height to bolt the tire in? I'm totally new to this and so I am needing any tips and know-how from you guys who have successfully completed your assembly.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:13 PM   #5

Stick a flat screwdriver in between the pads and twist, do it at both ends.

Not knowing your exact front end assy...

Start the axle through the fork, and push enough through to hold the spacer. put the wheel into position with the brake disc in the caliper, then push the axle through the wheel. Put the other spacer in, then push through. look at the wheel alignment to the other fork, align, push, and bolt it in.

Old 09-07-2007, 11:10 PM   #6

You've got to love this forum. Problem handled. Thanks a bunch.

Old 09-08-2007, 12:48 AM   #7

Send a message via AIM to madmaximum Send a message via Yahoo to madmaximum
I have that same bike, so a few tips.
Check the fuel line to make sure it isn't too long & pinched shut. Check EVERY nut & bolt you can see to make sure they are tight. Then dig for the ones you can't see. I know most folks on here are fans of loctite, but I will admit that I have not used any. After 3500 miles I had one screw fall out on me, & that was on the chrome shield covering the exhaust above the clutch arm.
Get yourself a cable luber and shoot those cables up.
Change out the stock tubes with HD ones, my rear one let go on the first ride.
Watch the kickstand, mine had to be rewelded .
Use some material from the packing crate to reinforce the battery box, it's going to break.
There is a sticky thread that covers all this & much more on the setup of these bikes. Go thru that and you should be ok. If you have more questions there are a lot of good people on here to help out.
Good luck & enjoy your new bike!
1977 Kawasaki KH400, aka Green Ripper

Old 09-08-2007, 06:50 PM   #8

I'm not quite there yet. What is that small rubber tube that says ventilation tube, do not touch? I tried to fire the bike up. No go. It wouldn't turn over. It would when I give it some throttle; however, it idles very low and stalls after a while. Idle speed is an issue. Or perhaps I would need to ride the bike some to get it real warmed up, I don't know. It is just stalling and is hard to start for now. A dissapointment but I'm sure there is a remedy, I just don't know yet.

Old 09-08-2007, 07:23 PM   #9

carb adjustment

Have you done the carb adjustment like in the ds prep thread? Move the clip on the needle and all that jazz.
http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...showpage&pid=3
Here's the link to explain it better than I did.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:37 PM   #10

One more thing

Check your plug wire and make sure it is secure in the clip on the cylinder head. If not it may lay on the exhaust and melt through.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:56 PM   #11

Plug? Which plug? I see a thin tube marked ventilation which appears to belong somewhere but it seems to be just hanging with no place to go. Is that what you're referring to?

Old 09-10-2007, 11:55 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matnique
Plug? Which plug? I see a thin tube marked ventilation which appears to belong somewhere but it seems to be just hanging with no place to go. Is that what you're referring to?
Spark plug.

The Ratketa Blog

Old 09-11-2007, 04:27 AM   #13

Matnique, I am very new too. I found that posting pics of what I need help with has worked. When people see the tube you're talking about they know exactly what you're talking about. Can you embed pics, or have you started an album? Do you have a camara?

Old 09-11-2007, 07:07 AM   #14

Send a message via AIM to madmaximum Send a message via Yahoo to madmaximum
That tube is most likely the crankcase vent tube. It doesn't connect to anything, it is supposed to just hang down.
1977 Kawasaki KH400, aka Green Ripper