Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2014, 04:00 PM   #1

Doh! hisun viva 2007 200cc enduro(dualsport) wheel help.

Hello, I am new to the forum and I'm honestly not much of a forum forager. But my current circumstance with my bike is becoming more problematic than I've expected.

I'll give a brief history about my situation then ask the question(s) directly. But let me say first that I've been roaming and sifting through the chinarider forum archive for quite some time trying to solve the problem myself. Unfortunately, I've had no luck directly and all the helpful people's links are either dead by now. Or, simply, the bike's parts have expired on the recommended sites. And the original manufacturer no longer supports this bike at all and has moved on to ATV/UTVs.

Anyway, here goes......

The model of my bike is an: HISUN HS200gy(engine 163fml). It's called a Viva and is from 2007. I bought it second hand with only 283 miles with the knowledge that the bike was sitting for quite some time due to the original owner unable to ride it because of the effects of age.

Since knowing this knowledge I knew some tune-up work would be needed and since then I have resolved the minor issues. However, when it came time to deal with the rear wheel. I found that 6 spokes had broken, the chain sprocket's cushion bolt needs replacing, and the rim is pretty much unusable. My rear wheel uses a 4 bolt disc brake system and is on 18x2.15 inch rim(holding a 4.10 tire) built around 36 spokes. The hub has 4 cushion bolts and is designed much around the old honda cg125/XL185s hub system. My sprocket itself is fine and is a stock 56t.

Now! here's my question(s)?????

Does anyone know where I can get a complete wheel for this bike?(already doing this myself but no luck!) Alibaba,taotao, including the plethora of other sellers on the net.... for 4th week!

And if not....Is there an alternative besides relacing and truing the old hub(which I do not trust based on the beforehand mentioned conditions explained).?

In general, I would like to just do a complete swap out of the rear wheel for a new or compatible one(it must be new as well). As time is very crucial for me at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Pete

Old 07-14-2014, 04:54 PM   #2

http://www.roketa.com/product/parts_...&partName=REAR WHEEL ASSEMBLY(4) this would be a direct swap if you have rear disc brakes.

Old 07-14-2014, 11:26 PM   #3

Welcome!

Clarification on disc or drum would help us to guide you. We shouldn't have much trouble sourcing parts at reasonable prices.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-15-2014, 01:10 AM   #4

Welcome, Pete. We are glad you joined us.

If you have a rear disc brake, Recracer beat me to the punch regarding my recommendation. I would order part #DB-07A-200-04-44 from Roketa.com.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 07-15-2014, 07:57 AM   #5

Spudrider,Weldangrind,recracer ---- BIG THANKS for your help.

I went to Rocketa.com prior to posting but never seen the diagram. Guess, I was looking to hard and too long that day.

Regarding the disc brake it's has a outer diameter of 220mm and inner diameter around 58mm with 4 hex-bolt config.

Just a shot in the dark here. But I had already gathered through searching and physical examination of the bike in general. That doing a comlete wheel swap out to an excel,rad,etc type RIM(wheel kit) would be next to impossible with out altering the swing arm or bike in some way. Is this correct or am I over thinking this situation?

Old 07-15-2014, 11:23 AM   #6

If you choose to custom-build a wheel, it's quite possible. Buy whichever rim you like, have Buchanans fabricate spokes for you and lace it up. I bought a set of stainless custom spokes for a front wheel, and the cost was around $100

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-15-2014, 11:55 AM   #7

If the rear wheel is a copy of a Honda wheel, you can also use Honda spokes for that particular model. You can also replace the sprocket cushion bolt with a Honda part. You could choose any rim you wish, as long as it has the appropriate number of spoke holes, and the spoke hole diameter is correct.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 07-16-2014, 05:34 PM   #8

Smile

TOo All: Big thanx. Will give it a shot if the complete rear wheel falls through.