Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 11:56 PM   #1

Just ordered a VIVA VX250pr, anyone have one/heard of it?

Hey everyone. I'm new to the chinariders community and from what I can tell, Ya'll are GREAT!!! So on a whim I ordered the VIVA VX250pr hoping it will be as sweet as it is described. I was told it was a racing bike. Do you think this bike would last if it was raced/jumped alot. My mecanical knowledge of dirtbikes is extremely limited although I'm good with tools and learn quickly. I'm extremely anxious to start rippin it up, but I really need this bike to last, and want to take good care of it. Any advice on what I need to do on a brand new bike before riding it, or how to maintain it? Any Imput is greatly appreciated.

Old 07-20-2007, 12:05 AM   #2

Welcome
Let that motor break in before You go to crazy....You checked out the Prep thread right?

Old 07-20-2007, 02:58 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ200cc
Welcome
Let that motor break in before You go to crazy....You checked out the Prep thread right?
I'd agree with that, be careful for the first 1000 miles, after that things just get better and better.

Jonathan.

Old 07-20-2007, 07:29 AM   #4

I dont know about it being a "racing bike", but I doubt it. I think they are early 70's bikes wrapped in modern plastic. Thats not necessarily bad, they still get you from A to B, or back in the boonies!

It will be a good trail bike, and you will have a lot of fun on it. Unless they have redesigned the shock linkage geometry and made some improvements in the welds and frame materials, I dont know if I would try to spend a lot of time in the air. I dont believe any are truly bad bikes, but they have their shortcomings. If you understand what they are, you will get the most enjoyment and longevity from your new bike.

Follow the prep thread, inspect the bike closely before/after rides, wear your helmet and keep the rubber side down!

Old 07-20-2007, 08:25 AM   #5

Witzer,

Please refrain from making duplicate posts. I've deleted the threads in the other forums. One thread per topic please.

Thanks,

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 07-20-2007, 08:33 AM   #6

I was posting to on of the other threads when it got deleted -- so hopefully I can remember everything. :wink:

What kind of racing are you hoping to do? I have not seen a china bike that would be competetive on a MotoCross track, but in the hands of the right rider I could see having one run mid-pack (depending on competition) in a Harescramble -- but again, that's going to be the riders doing, not the bikes.
Also, the specs on the viva-motors site are conflicting... says 19/16 wheels but 4.10x18 for tire size and picture has 21" front tire... weight of 270 - that would also be a factor if it's true.

On the 90% assembly you mentioned in the other thread - you will still want to go over the stuff they put together. Loc-tite is your friend.

Directions - my bike did not come with any assembly directions, but I didn't care because I know my way around a bike. And don't expect a manual like you'd get with a Honda -- mostly broken english and brief descriptions are what I think is the norm.

You can check my hensim db150 experience thread in pure dirt - I'm guessing your bike will be crated similarly.
http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...iewtopic&t=543
'02 Kawasaki KX125

Old 08-13-2007, 11:14 PM   #7

I'm getting my vx250pr tomorrow. How do you like yours so far?