Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #1

not sure what to do

So since i was in the hospital, a nice young lady from new york (i am in chicago IL) contacted me because we sorta knew eachother from both being signed up for the cross country bike tour i am signed up for... Well she basically gave me her # so she could keep me company to burn the long hrs in the hospital...well...fast forward 3 weeks, and we pretty much havent gone a day without chatting since, and now all of a sudden i have these feelings for her...MASSIVE amounts of feelings.... She iscurrently at the start of the bike tour in los angeles CA, 2000 miles away, not helping those feelings....LOL We really seemed to click right off the bat, but at first i didnt even think anything about a relationship, given the fact that she lives 600mi away.... But now, a relationship is the only thing on my mind, and she seems like the perfect girl for me....i can not get her out of my head... BUT... I dont know what to do about it... I dont feel right trying to ask her out via facebook message or txt message (the main forms of communication we have used) brcause im a bit oldschool, i feel like i have to ask her to her face... But i wont see her in person for 6 weeks... So its just driving me CRAZY right now....

Would you guys pray for me, that God would give me the wisdom to know how to handle this, and to see His plan for all this, even thru my own emotions, which can really screw stuff up...LOL dont ask how i know that one...

Old 06-23-2013, 10:14 PM   #2

My advise lies in my threads regarding the fate of the Harp Seal. Worth a 'search' on the forums...

I'm with the apostle Paul on this. If you are single and not called to be married, leave well enough alone;-)

I'd rather have a PE than a bride....

Old 06-23-2013, 10:39 PM   #3

The problem lies in knowing wether you are called to be single or called to be married... LOL and given the current feelings, well... LOL

Old 06-23-2013, 10:47 PM   #4

This is true.

For me the Spirit called me to be single but in my pride I followed my own wisdom and got married.

I was lucky to escape. Like the Millenium Falcon slipping out through the asteroid worm's teeth.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:55 PM   #5

LOL thats why i am asking for prayer on the matter... That i could see thru my own emotions to see God's plan for my life...given my recent health struggles and God pulling me thru, i would say He has something pretty awesome in store for my life yet.... Im just along for the ride to find out His plans for me here on this earth!

Old 06-24-2013, 01:26 AM   #6

God definitely has bigger plans for you!

Do you happen to know if you and this young lady would be "equally yoked"? It's a difficult journey if you're not.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-24-2013, 02:28 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
God definitely has bigger plans for you!

Do you happen to know if you and this young lady would be "equally yoked"? It's a difficult journey if you're not.
as in church affiliation? yes, we would be, she even goes to the same denomination of the Reformed church as i do... we havent specifically gone over points of doctrine, but i would say since she went from a very odd faith to the same type of church as i, we would agree on the things that matter most...

i can honestly say i will NEVER (again) have a relationship with a woman thats unequally yoked as far as faith is concerned...that was a rough one for me,because i loved her dearly, but i couldnt agree with her faith, and she couldnt agree with mine... ( the old baptist/protestant thing LOL) it was a very hard breakup for me to handle....i took it hard for the better part of a year...

Old 06-24-2013, 07:29 AM   #8

mate don t worry, those feelings come to most of us once in a while in life, they are significant and deeply moving without having to mean anything. what it ll mean for you you will know only afterwards, in a while, in hindsight - meanwhile, take it easy.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:07 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
i can honestly say i will NEVER (again) have a relationship with a woman thats unequally yoked as far as faith is concerned...
I simply meant in terms of Christian / non-Christian. That's a tough road.

I don't choose to worry too much about doctrine.

Have you given her a phone call lately, or has all conversation been with a texting media?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-24-2013, 11:30 AM   #10

Quote:
I simply meant in terms of Christian / non-Christian. That's a tough road.

I don't choose to worry too much about doctrine.

Have you given her a phone call lately, or has all conversation been with a texting media?
As for doctrine, the important part is that she is a sinner saved by grace thru the death and ressurection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ...beyond that is not a deal breaker... As for calling, i have not yet, but i intend to soon...

Old 06-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #11

Just sayin'
Attached Images
File Type: jpg harp_seal_white_1280x1024.jpg (112.7 KB, 82 views)

Old 06-24-2013, 12:59 PM   #12

LOL i hear ya... Some are called to be single, some are called to have a woman to keep them in line...LOL and to be honest, for the past 10-15 years i have felt that God has someone set aside for me, i am just waiting dor her to show up....LOL if this is the one i am sure God will give me the signs needed to see that, and also if she isnt the one, He will show me that as well... Its in His hands, not mine (thankfully!!! I always find a way to screw it up...LOL)

Old 06-25-2013, 07:48 AM   #13

We (danita and i) talked via facebook again last night and i think she is feeling the same way i am about the possibility of a relationship...she seemed worried that i wouldnt like who she was in person (she is beautiful, but not the "american" definition of beautifal as in skinny as a rail)...shes a country girl, and i had to reassure her that beauty isnt skin deep...its whats inside that counts, like a sandwich...the bread you see just carries the good stuff...LOL And at that point she replied " Yes. I was worried. I've come from a background of people who judge. I've been told I care to much and there right the only one I should worry about what he thinks of me is God. : ) I'm just being really honest here. I'm trying to overcome my fears and I figure rather than overthinking things I'm just gonna put it all out there and see what happens. : )"

So we shall see what God has in store for me/us, and i know i covet your prayers for this matter, and i can say with certainty that Danita does as well, even though she doesnt know any of you guys, that Gods will be done in any relationship that may arise between us, and that we would be shining examples of Christian love in a dark and depraved world

Old 06-25-2013, 11:03 AM   #14

Well said.

Personally, I'm grateful for curvy country girls. Prayers sent, and I'm hopeful that things will move forward in a rewarding way for you both.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:32 AM   #15

Quote:
Well said.

Personally, I'm grateful for curvy country girls. Prayers sent, and I'm hopeful that things will move forward in a rewarding way for you both.
i agree, LOL and thanks, it means a lot to me...not only the prayers, but knowing i can freely express my faith here... not many forums you can do that without getting ridiculed anymore... its good to have a Christian body of friends here!

heres a fun shot of her from sunday, they dipped thier back tires in the pacific to start off the bike tour, when they end on staten island in 9 weeks, they will ride into the atlantic ocean there aswell, so the Sea to sea tour is literally sea to sea...LOL in my opinion, sheisavery beautiful gal