Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2012, 07:47 PM   #1

Got My Bike! - Yingang YG200-8

So after months of anticipation, I finally got my 200cc china dual sport.

- This is literally my first motorcycle, so I'm a noob, but jumping right in.

- Love the style

- It's not the bike I was expecting. Saferwholesale clearly shows the Roketa DB-07, but I got this one.

- Came with street tires

- It does have a tach and I believe that's a rear disc brake (is that better than drum?)

- It's pretty heavy, was a challenge to assemble by myself without dumping it.

- Dreaded 15/18 wheel layout, but the size seems to fit me well. Hopefully I can find tires when necessary.

- It didn't come with assembly info. I'm not a gearhead at all, but I'm pretty good with putting stuff together so I believe I got it figured out, mostly.

- Build quality seems OK... everything lined up, not missing any parts that I can see. Definitely not a Japanese bike, but I'm hoping it wont be prone to major failure.

- In the process of removing most of the cheesy decals. Obviously these pics don't show some of the plastic parts.

- I haven't ridden it yet or done some of the final assembly/maintainence (engine oil, loosen chain, inflate tires, etc)

- All electronics, buttons, levers and such appear to be working.

- I have mixed feelings, but I'm going to make the most of it, and I value all your help.

- I got good safety gear... boots, gloves, high vis yellow jacket and helmet... I don't care if I look like Ronald McDonald going down the road as long as drivers (and chicks) can see me.

- Will definitely have some questions... a couple brackets I'm not sure what to do with.

Old 07-07-2012, 03:25 AM   #2

Re: Got My Bike! - Yingang YG200-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cron

- Love the style

- It's not the bike I was expecting. Saferwholesale clearly shows the Roketa DB-07, but I got this one...
I think the Yingang is a nice looking bike. However, since you ordered a Roketa DB-07, you can surely insist on receiving the bike your ordered.
Quote:
...Came with street tires

- It does have a tach and I believe that's a rear disc brake (is that better than drum?)

- Dreaded 15/18 wheel layout, but the size seems to fit me well. Hopefully I can find tires when necessary...
The tachometer is a nice feature. I have a rear drum brake, and it works well. However, many people prefer a rear disc brake. Most of these Chinese motorcycle are a bit heavy. :roll: I'm glad the bike fits you well, but you won't be able to get a 15-inch knobby tire for the rear wheel. :( However, your bike has a standard, Chinese front hub. I also think you have standard, Chinese rear hub. The Yingang 200GY-8 in the photograph below has the conventional, dual sport wheels.

Therefore, I'm confident you can get the conventional, dual sport wheels for you bike. However, purchasing the wheels will cost you additional money. :roll:
Quote:
...I have mixed feelings, but I'm going to make the most of it, and I value all your help.

- I got good safety gear... boots, gloves, high vis yellow jacket and helmet... I don't care if I look like Ronald McDonald going down the road as long as drivers (and chicks) can see me.

- Will definitely have some questions... a couple brackets I'm not sure what to do with.
If you want to ride off road, I suggest you tell the seller you need an 18-inch rear wheel, and a 21-inch front wheel. You ordered a Roketa DB-07 which had these wheel sizes, and you need standard wheel sizes to get proper knobby tires for riding off road. If the seller sends you the standard wheels, you are in good shape. If the seller refuses to send the wheels, tell him to send you the bike your ordered, or demand a refund. Otherwise, you will need to spend extra money to purchase the conventional wheel sizes yourself, if you wish to ride off road. :roll:

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 07-07-2012, 10:00 AM   #3

Hi Spud,

Thanks for the response. I'm definitely feeling like I got bait&switched somehow. I know I was taking some risk though so i'm not really sure what I want to do.

Couple questions:

- The pictures and specs on saferwholesale are for the DB-07, but the product is just called "200cc Enduro Dirt Bike - Street Legal!"

http://www.saferwholesale.com/200cc-...-p/db_200c.htm

Am I screwed on the ambiguity?

- Do you know if this tire would fit the 15" rear wheel:

http://www.revzilla.com/product/kenda-k771-millville

- If I end up getting stuck with this bike, are there any general concerns with this one vs the DB-07? I definitely intended to get that one because of the part availability / diagrams and general reputation.

Still figuring out how I want to proceed... what a pain. Thanks!

Old 07-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #4

Quote:

I love seeing these bikes 'hatch' thanks for the pics.

- Love the style

Me too. Very nice looking bike. The Chinese are missing the boat on some things but they do understand style as it applies to these bikes.

- It's not the bike I was expecting. Saferwholesale clearly shows the Roketa DB-07, but I got this one.

- Came with street tires

Yup. Thats the way they are. :roll:

- Dreaded 15/18 wheel layout, but the size seems to fit me well. Hopefully I can find tires when necessary.

If you plan to use it off road as a trailbike or a true dualsport that's a dealbreaker. Sorry but if you paid for a dualsport, as delivered, this is NOT it.

- It didn't come with assembly info. I'm not a gearhead at all, but I'm pretty good with putting stuff together so I believe I got it figured out, mostly.

- Build quality seems OK... everything lined up, not missing any parts that I can see. Definitely not a Japanese bike, but I'm hoping it wont be prone to major failure.

It is prone to minor failure but the major components of CB's are usually pretty good. With that said we occasionally see frame and engine failures but they are uncommon. Mostly a number of well documented little things you can read about here.

- In the process of removing most of the cheesy decals. Obviously these pics don't show some of the plastic parts.

- I haven't ridden it yet or done some of the final assembly/maintainence (engine oil, loosen chain, inflate tires, etc)

- All electronics, buttons, levers and such appear to be working.

- I have mixed feelings, but I'm going to make the most of it, and I value all your help.

Chicks dig clowns on Chinabikes :wink: . Chicks dig good guys on bikes in general so you're in like Flynn.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:21 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Quote:

- Love the style

- It's not the bike I was expecting. Saferwholesale clearly shows the Roketa DB-07, but I got this one...
I think the Yingang is a nice looking bike. However, since you ordered a Roketa DB-07, you can surely insist on receiving the bike your ordered.
Quote:
...Came with street tires

- Dreaded 15/18 wheel layout, but the size seems to fit me well. Hopefully I can find tires when necessary...
The tachometer is a nice feature. I have a rear drum brake, and it works well. However, many people prefer a rear disc brake. Most of these Chinese motorcycle are a bit heavy. :roll: I'm glad the bike fits you well, but you won't be able to get a 15-inch knobby tire for the rear wheel. :( However, your bike has a standard, Chinese front hub. I also think you have standard, Chinese rear hub. The Yingang 200GY-8 in the photograph below has the conventional, dual sport wheels.

Therefore, I'm confident you can get the conventional, dual sport wheels for you bike. However, purchasing the wheels will cost you additional money. :roll:
Quote:
...I have mixed feelings, but I'm going to make the most of it, and I value all your help.

If you want to ride off road, I suggest you tell the seller you need an 18-inch rear wheel, and a 21-inch front wheel. You ordered a Roketa DB-07 which had these wheel sizes, and you need standard wheel sizes to get proper knobby tires for riding off road. If the seller sends you the standard wheels, you are in good shape. If the seller refuses to send the wheels, tell him to send you the bike your ordered, or demand a refund. Otherwise, you will need to spend extra money to purchase the conventional wheel sizes yourself, if you wish to ride off road. :roll:

Spud
I agree as usual 100% with Spud.

If the seller sends you a new pait of 18/21" wheels and D/S tires and either lets you keep the current supermoto wheels or pays retyurn shipping it is good. If not, this may be a problem.

The exception is if you never planned to take it off road in the first place, but that would be a shame.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #6

Thanks Gents.

All things being equal, is the wheel size basically the extent of my issue of being switched bikes? I can live with that for the time being and just take it as a project.

Other than taking the trail to the store, most of my riding will be onroad. I'm just hoping that if I get stuck with this bike that it's not of serious inferior quality to the DB-07, or if they are all roughly the same.

At this point I'm hoping the wheels is my biggest issue, cuz I'm feeling a little like I got screwed, but mostly like I'm an idiot. If it's just a matter of the wheels, I can deal with it as opposed to getting stuck with a pile of junk and having to go through the whole new bike or refund nightmare.

Old 07-07-2012, 01:07 PM   #7

That is one of the nicest Honda clones I've seen. Since you don't intend to ride off-road much, I'd just enjoy it for what it is. That said, I've had a supermoto bug for awhile.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Thanks Gents.

All things being equal, is the wheel size basically the extent of my issue of being switched bikes? I can live with that for the time being and just take it as a project.

Other than taking the trail to the store, most of my riding will be onroad. I'm just hoping that if I get stuck with this bike that it's not of serious inferior quality to the DB-07, or if they are all roughly the same.

At this point I'm hoping the wheels is my biggest issue, cuz I'm feeling a little like I got screwed, but mostly like I'm an idiot. If it's just a matter of the wheels, I can deal with it as opposed to getting stuck with a pile of junk and having to go through the whole new bike or refund nightmare.
Yes, the wheel size is the only real issue with this bike. The advertisement says they are selling a "street legal dirt bike." The ad also specifies an 18-inch rear wheel, and a 21-inch front wheel. They did not send you the bike they advertised; you can certainly get an entire refund. However, they can also send you the correct wheels, if they don't want to refund your money.

I like your Yingang YG200-8. I like it's looks, and I'm confident the engine, and the rest of the bike are similar in quality to the Roketa DB-07. However, I'm equally confident you will never be able to purchase a knobby tire in the United States for that 15-inch rear wheel. :( The tire you specified will definitely not work on the rear wheel. Trust me; this issue has been addressed again an again.

If you don't plan to ride more than dry gravel roads, you will be fine with this motorcycle. However, if the gravel road is muddy, you won't be able to ride it without knobby tires.

I like this bike very much, but it is not a "street legal dirt bike" with conventional wheel sizes, as it was advertised. You can certainly file a complaint, and get your money back. However, if you don't plan to ride off road, or you are willing to incur the additional cost of buying the proper wheels, I'm sure you will enjoy this bike. Even if they only sent you an 18-inch rear wheel, you could ride this bike off road. But the 15-inch rear wheel makes this bike a supermoto street bike. It's a nice supermoto, but it will never be a "street legal dirt bike," as advertised.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 07-07-2012, 03:12 PM   #9

Gotcha. I guess it's not so dire as I had feared. If that's the worst of my issues with the bike I will consider myself blessed.

I will definitely take the issue up with the seller, but at least I can take it for a spin and start to make it 'my bike'.

Initially I really wanted a dirt bike, but in reality it's going to be for commuting non highway so perhaps this will work good for me.

I changed the oil, pumped up the tires and started it up... I really like the sound, although even at mid RPMs this thing is LOUD!

Thanks again for all the insights. This project would be infinitely harder without your collective wisdom.

Old 07-07-2012, 04:22 PM   #10

We're happy to help. I like the saddle on your bike; it looks very comfortable. I agree with Weld; this Yingang bike is one of the best looking Honda clones I have seen. This bike has a very nice luggage rack; it even has a grab bar on it to help lift the bike. I also like your tail light and rear fender. In addition, you got a helmet lock which is placed in a convenient location! I can see why you are pleased with this motorcycle.

You definitely have leverage on the vendor. Therefore, I suggest you demand at least a partial refund of your money. You can buy used, dual sport wheels for your bike on this forum, eBay, et cetera. With an extra set of dual sport wheels, you can swap wheels whenever you wish to ride off road. Switching wheels is much easier than changing tires.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 07-07-2012, 04:58 PM   #11

Congratulations with the new bike...it looks quite nice! With regards to the 18/21 wheels w/ knobby tires, these are a must have if you plan on rougher off roading w/ sand and mud. The wheels and tires you have will perform better on pavement, and can aslo be used off road on dry ground and non paved roads. If the primary purpose of the bike will be on road w/ light trail riding, your fine! Since they did not sell you the bike as represented, might be worth a little time to see if they will send you the wheels you bought...otherwise no worries and enjoy the bike.

Old 07-07-2012, 06:30 PM   #12

not sure if anyone has mentioned this but loosen up the chain quite a bit that model seems to have the sme swingarm pivot point geometry as the GY-5, which means the chain gets tighter as the suspensions compressed. I think like 2.5 inches of slack is required to be totally safe. I bent the rear axel on mine right off the bat because of this.

Old 07-07-2012, 09:35 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild_Alaskan
not sure if anyone has mentioned this but loosen up the chain quite a bit that model seems to have the sme swingarm pivot point geometry as the GY-5, which means the chain gets tighter as the suspensions compressed. I think like 2.5 inches of slack is required to be totally safe. I bent the rear axel on mine right off the bat because of this.
Yep, I loosened it a little bit and took it around the block, but I'm going to loosen it up a bit more.

This bike will take a little getting used to, but I didn't wreck myself yet!

Old 07-07-2012, 10:41 PM   #14

Congrats on your first bike! My bike is my first bike as well. These are very nice bikes for the money. Hope you enjoy yours!

Old 07-08-2012, 01:40 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
You definitely have leverage on the vendor. Therefore, I suggest you demand at least a partial refund of your money.
I agree, although I'd kill 'em with kindness first. If that gets you nowhere, let 'em have it.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer