Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2012, 12:48 PM   #1

help please

Hey guys. I bought one of these a month ago without very much information. I've tried using vin searches but most don't even have any info on it. My vin is LWGYCML198A000557.

Then I'm really looking to speed this thing up. It only has like 500km on it and is like brand new but the ratio sucks. I weigh 130lbs and my bike will only go 53mph max. I know its not going to fly down the road but I can't even drive it on most roads here. I looked through the thread on sprocket changes but I'm a bike newbie and would just like to discuss this some more to figure out what I need.

Also I'm interested in changing out the jets so is like some info on that as well.

Plus if anyone has any tips or tricks please sure to let me know!

Old 06-22-2012, 01:16 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum.

Pics are very helpful with ID'ing a Chinabike. They are mostly semigeneric 200cc Honda OHV pushrod engine clones.

The most important usual mod is gearing. Search out forum for specifics, but these bikes are stupidly undergeared for any street use. A common swap is a 45 tooth rear for the stock 56, and a larger countershaft sprocket. I don't remember the number, but I think a 17.

Exhaust mods are do-able but much fitting is required. Jetting mods are popular and include raising the needle one notch, opening the idle circut 1/4-1/2 turn, and 1-2 steps up on the main jet.

Old 06-22-2012, 06:19 PM   #3

Alright for the pics should I focus on the engine or just an overall picture of the bike? I will take them and post as soon as I get home from work.

And I completely agree with the gearing. I dont even use first gear on the road because it goes like a whole 5 mph. And top speed currently is very sad. Without red lining it I get like 40 mph. I know it could do more! If I could cruise at 55 Id be a happy camper.

Old 06-22-2012, 07:09 PM   #4

If it's level and not windy and you are less than 200 pounds or so 55+ MPH will be no problem at all, and it will still be fine for trail riding.

A pic of the bike overall and maybe the left side of the engine is all we need.

Also look through the tech articles on the site.

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...showpage&pid=6

Old 06-22-2012, 09:08 PM   #5

Welcome!

Many pics, please.

If your bike has the stock carb, you might have some trouble finding new jets. The stock carbs are usually Keihin clones, and some are better than others. A couple I had used jets that were unobtanium.

My fix is to buy a 30mm Mikuni on eBay for around $40 including delivery. Jets are cheap and easy to find.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-23-2012, 12:38 AM   #6

Welcome! We are glad you joined us. Indeed, many photos will help us to identify your motorcycle.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-23-2012, 01:18 PM   #7

Yes, the first, very first thing, is to change the sprockets. I had a 200cc enduro with the 56 tooth rear which would be absolutely screaming at an indicated 50 mph. A switch to a 44 tooth rear ended the protest, and the bike could cruise at 55 mph comfortably, with short blasts to 60, and still without the vocal protests. That was the extent of my mods, but it made a world of difference. Looking back, I would have changed the front sprocket, too, to what Doc said. The only problem with a front sprocket change is that sometimes the engine cover has to be modified to accommodate the larger sprocket, from what I remember from all the posts over the years from this subject...you might just want to go up one tooth in the front.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-23-2012, 09:46 PM   #8

Type LWG in WMI , the deails are in pdf files.
http://stnw.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/manufacture/
From the decode method it's a '08 200cc made by http://www.hsun-motor.com/content.php?cid=9

Old 06-23-2012, 10:16 PM   #9

First thank you all for all of the help! I greatly appreciate it.

As soon as my gallery registration is accepted Ill get the pics up!

Old 06-23-2012, 10:42 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbyswiftwind

Hardly anybody uses the gallery anymore, the easiest way to post your pics is with a webhost like photobucket. Jim did up an excellent tutorial for that, here's the link to it http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...wtopic&t=11188

Old 06-23-2012, 10:59 PM   #11

Here are some pics. It was the white version with the black and grey decals but the kid I bought it from laid it down and his mom made him sell it. The front fender was snapped in half and the one complete side was shredded. It took alot of time, alot of plastic welding, and alot of sanding to make it look decent again. Its not done as you can see the fender is gloss and the body is flat black but I finally got the okay from penndot to make it road legal so I ran down and got my plate! When I get it all done Ill post pics

Old 06-24-2012, 12:25 AM   #12

Standard hondoid. Swapping the rear sprocket to something like 45T should be your first mod.

Old 06-24-2012, 01:45 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICRider
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbyswiftwind

Hardly anybody uses the gallery anymore, the easiest way to post your pics is with a webhost like photobucket. Jim did up an excellent tutorial for that, here's the link to it http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...wtopic&t=11188
I can't believe I missed Jim's excellent tutorial when it was first posted! 8O I have included a link to Jim's photo tutorial in both tech stickies located at the top of the Dual Sport Forum!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-24-2012, 01:47 AM   #14

You did an excellent job posting your photographs, Swiftwind! As Allen stated, you have a standard hondoid. Congratulations getting the DMV Nazis at PennDot to issue you a license plate! We eagerly await your additional photographs.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 06-24-2012, 03:14 PM   #15

That's a CG200, which is my favourite China motor. It will respond well to carb and exhaust upgrades, and it's a very reliable motor.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer