Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2012, 10:09 PM   #1

Is Daymak the same as Kazuma?

OK. So I purchased a 500cc Daymak quad. There seems to be limited to non-existent information on these quads. However, When I look at the engine model #KZM192MR. When I googled the engine model #, it comes back as Kazuma! I did a bit more searching and found photos of the Kazuma 500 Jaguar Deluxe...it appears to be the EXACT same ride as mine! No apparent differences what so ever. I also found a pic of the Kazume Jag 500 online..even the manual looks exactly the same....except mine says Daymak.....same engine and option specs on both.javascript:emoticon('8O')

Is the Daymak the same as the Kazuma? Just different tags on them?

Thanks,\Dave 8O

Old 03-20-2012, 10:39 PM   #2

Kazuma, Daymak, Giovanni and et al, do not manufacture there own products. There all made in china by a multitude of various companies - with majority of them having similar to same design. All bikes are clones of older honda engines. In regards to parts - usually they are interchangeable. Ebay is your friend, use it to your advantage to purchase parts.

Someone with a bit more expertise might want to chime in.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:53 PM   #3

Thanks Yo.

I did find the "manufacturer's" nameplate on the quad and searched it also...whether they actually "manufacture" or not??I'm not sure...the company name is "Zhejiang Stannic Motor Spares Manufacturing Co., Ltd."

Their website says "Zhejiang Stannic Motor Spares Manufacturing Co., Ltd. and its subsidiary company Zhejiang Kazuma Recreational Vehicle Manufacturing Co.,Ltd. are the professional manufacturer of ATV and auto parts."

http://stannic.en.china.cn/

So would it be safe to assume that if I cannot find info on the "Daymak" brand, that the Kazuma Jaguar info would likely be relevant?

Old 03-21-2012, 08:27 AM   #4

Where's the pics? Chinese tend to sell similar products under many names. Usually slight variations in plastic and cosmetic parts.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:30 PM   #5

Still trying to fathom out the "post pictures" bit!
D

Old 03-21-2012, 04:34 PM   #6

Picture posting made easy.
http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...wtopic&t=11188

Old 03-21-2012, 04:54 PM   #7

hey - that's helpful!
ok till i get that done...

here in the Daymak Sasquatch 500
http://www.daymak.com/sasquatch/sasquatch-500.php

and here is my wife's 150 Sasquatch
http://hoskingmotorsports.com/off-road/atvs/

and here is the Kazuma Jaguar 500
http://www.kazuma.us/home.htm

Sorry for the links...I will post my own pics of the Sasquatch(es) once I get set-up.
D

Old 03-21-2012, 06:09 PM   #8

I hope you didn't pay retail price for that Daymak model. :wink: Once you get into larger sized atv's, it's not worth paying the price as you can comparatively get a Japanese atv for similar price.

I've been to Daymak's store before, there sales agents are similar to a furniture store - they use high pressure sales tactics to lure in potential buyers. They try to avoid the more 'knowledgeable' ones as majority of people who walk in don't know what there about to buy.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:44 PM   #9

Yo,

No I didn't pay anywhere near that price. The two together with taxes and PDI and registration/plates included were under 6k (CDN). That also included the 2500lb winch and plow. They both came with gloves and new helmets....fwiw...

It seemed like a reasonable deal to me?? I did my homework on Chinese ATV's in general (including surfing Chinariders). I generally understand what I purchased and am pretty mechanically inclined (have built a couple of hotrods) and I have lots of welding and woodworking tools in the back shop Sooo... I have had a couple of issues with it so far, but all is sorted (at the moment - fingers crossed) and I really enjoy riding them.

Time will tell if I have made the correct decision or not!
D

Old 03-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datve
Yo,

No I didn't pay anywhere near that price. The two together with taxes and PDI and registration/plates included were under 6k (CDN). That also included the 2500lb winch and plow. They both came with gloves and new helmets....fwiw...

It seemed like a reasonable deal to me?? I did my homework on Chinese ATV's in general (including surfing Chinariders). I generally understand what I purchased and am pretty mechanically inclined (have built a couple of hotrods) and I have lots of welding and woodworking tools in the back shop Sooo... I have had a couple of issues with it so far, but all is sorted (at the moment - fingers crossed) and I really enjoy riding them.

Time will tell if I have made the correct decision or not!
D
Ahh...as long as you enjoy your machine and are having fun, thats all the matters.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:44 PM   #11

Anything we buy is a bit of a gamble. A new Chinabike or a used Japanese bike, you never know until you've enjoyed it for a while and then look back over the investment. It's a hindsight thing. :wink:

I recently bought a very nice used Japanese motocross bike for a good price then proceeded to have to put a lot of money into it. Now I have more invested than it's worth. Was is a waste? I won't know until I've enjoyed it for a while. It I ride it a lot and it's a good bike for the next year or two it was worth it. If it pukes I lost a lot of money.

It happens.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:26 AM   #12

To paraphrase Doc's typical sentiments, we should just enjoy these machines for what they are. I've taken the time to carefully prepare my China quad, and it's now a reliable performer. I have a great time on it.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer