Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2012, 10:52 AM   #1

hi from Nebraska

I just found this forum yesterday, and thought it would be helpful!
about 6 years ago, I bought a 'dirt dawg' 125.
It has the vertical cylinder, 5 spd trans, 19 inch front tire. I think I paid 690 bucks for it. Other than sucking a loose lock washer through the carburetor and dinging the top of the piston a little, It's been a pretty good little bike. I use it in place of a horse to check on cattle.
The reason I joined, was to possibly find various parts/repair advice. I found out real fast after I bought it, that the outfit I bought it from went out of business...and most sites are sketchy on the parts.
Looks to me that a lot of these bikes are h#nd@ clones, and even though there are a lot of different names put on the side, I gotta think they came from the same blueprints..

I have come up with the conclusion that what I have for an engine is a CG 125, elec start/kick 5 speed, manual clutch.
And parts are non existant. I'll have to either move up to a CG200 complete engine to transplant in the next time a major issue comes up with the 125.

Unless someone on here knows of a source.

I am also thinking of adding another bike to the stable, it's an 'Allroad' 200. Looks identical to my 125, except it's a 198cc. and it's a rear caliper brake instead of drum. I need to feel out the parts dept before I purchase this bike to see what's up with parts availability.
Looks like this forum is just what I have been looking for to find info!
Later,
@ranch

Old 01-08-2012, 04:13 PM   #2

Welcome!

When you say that your bike is a CG125 clone, does it have a single valve cover that must be removed for valve adjustments, or does it have silver dollar sized caps that can be removed?

Parts are plentiful on eBay, and that's where I buy the majority of my stuff now. If the 125 decides to dump, I'd certainly upgrade to a 200 motor.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #3

Welcome. Most of us have been able to source needed parts through ebay or by cross-referencing to common jap bike parts.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:10 PM   #4

It has the single valve cover.

I see honda made this type of engine, but most of the pushrod engines went other places. Overhead cams were mainly north america.

My neighbor is an avid honda guy, and he thinks this clone is a great little motor. He knows the pros and cons of a timing chain up to the head... and the simplicity of a pushrod.

I think I'll snap a couple of pix and post here, and if you guys could help me identify EXACTLY what I have, Then looking for parts would be easier too!

I use photobucket, does that work on this forum to attach pix?

Bob

Old 01-08-2012, 08:17 PM   #5

here's the link to the bike i am considering..

http://www.happyscooters.com/200cc-4...kes-p-236.html

This bike is exactly like the one i already have, 'cept for the engine size of course, and this one has a disk rear brake. Mine has the drum.
Other than that, the engine configuration, wheel size, frame layout, plastic and seat are identical.

What exactly are these bikes classified as? trail?

It's hard to not notice the $929 price on these!!
And I see parts for this 200 cc motor are quite popular too. Which hondo is this copied from? Still learning here!
Thanks
Bob

Old 01-08-2012, 09:08 PM   #6

Hello and welcome to the forums! As far as posting pics here, Photobucket is pretty much what most of us use... And, we love pics!

Old 01-08-2012, 11:45 PM   #7

There isn't really an existing bike that yours is copied from; it's more of a Chinese interpretation of Japanese bikes. You've already figured out enough to find the parts you need, and brand names are of little help. When you search eBay, choose generic terms, like "dirt bike clutch", since the people who post the goods are typically non-technical people.

I'd call it a dirt bike. It's no motocrosser, but it's capable enough in the woods.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-10-2012, 01:57 AM   #8

Welcome! We are glad you joined us, Rancher. If you have time, please do post some photos of your bike; we love photos!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894