Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2011, 07:52 PM   #16

Where is humanbeing when you need him?

Humanbeing,
Can you find this part on Taoboa so Mc Konker can order it via Taobao Focus?

Old 05-13-2011, 08:04 PM   #17

Weld has a US address. Maybe he can have it shipped to him and then forwarded to you in Canada.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:56 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKonker
I found the part on the Qlink website for $300 but they don't ship to Canada. I also talked to a guy here called chinapartscanada.com and he said he can get the part but it will take four weeks. I have to figure out how to get it from Qlink, I need an American!!
So you didn't have any luck getting a hold of Konker for the part? It really sucks if they are out of business, a lot of people bought their bikes (me included, though I sold it to my brother in law). I agree with the others though, this is obviously a dealer prep issue so your dealer should be sourcing and replacing the part. Awesome bikes, I've never saw a breakage like this before.

Old 05-13-2011, 10:15 PM   #19

holy crap, im going to have to keep my eyes on my forks,
good luck mckonker i hope you get some satisfaction

Old 05-14-2011, 12:31 AM   #20

McKonker, I'll talk to my CB Guy (Doug) tomorrow. I don't think he has any spare parts laying around but he's still in contact with Q Link.
If he can help you out, I'll hook you up with Doug directly.
Good guy to work with and has posted here. His 'handle' is well....Doug.
He's also the same "Doug" that has the quote on our main page about China World mag, I believe.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-14-2011, 01:18 AM   #21

OK, thats great! Thanks to all of you for all of you help on this. In the end I just wanted to be out on the road. I bought this bike April 9 and it was such a long time and so many hoops to jump through to get insurance, plates and then finally just this Wednesday a license. I skipped out on work Wednesday morning because I just had to ride....I did about 65km that morning. Then Thursday night I was heading out for a few hours when I discovered the bad fork. I was crushed! More waiting is cruel and unusual.

Old 05-14-2011, 01:45 AM   #22

Like Kato says, I have a US address, and I'm only about 30 blocks from the border. It would be easy for me to pick it up and redirect it to you if it helps.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-14-2011, 02:48 PM   #23

McKonker, I just got back from seeing Doug @ Atv Wholesale Outlet.
I've pm'd you some info.
Thanks for the excuse for a nice morning ride!

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 05-14-2011, 04:33 PM   #24

Sadly I haven't gotten any response from Konker either. I suspect your right that they have folded. That sucks! There was only Konker and Saga for chinese dual sports in Canada so I guess it's down to one now.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:02 PM   #25

OK, first of all thanks to all of you for all your help and advice. Qlink in Texas has the fork assembly available for $300, which is not a bad price considering Konker wanted $750. I was just at a barbeque at my brother's wife's sister's husband's house :wink: and it turns out he owns an oilfield tool supply company with offices here and in Texas so he is going to get me sorted out next week. Even if that didn't work we had an underground railway all worked out via the inimitable Weldangrind. My dad lives half the year in Arizona so he was going to order the part for me on his USA credit card. Turns out that Qlink is very careful about not selling parts to Canadians because of licensing issues.

There are a lot of great people on this forum who came forward with offers to help. That makes me feel a lot better about owning a Chinabike!

When I get back on the road I will post some photos and video. Thanks all! and Cheers!

Old 05-14-2011, 11:29 PM   #26

Q LInk comes through. Even though $300 is a lot of money, it IS available!

Old 05-15-2011, 12:32 AM   #27

Quote:
OK, first of all thanks to all of you for all your help and advice. Qlink in Texas has the fork assembly available for $300, which is not a bad price considering Konker wanted $750. I was just at a barbeque at my brother's wife's sister's husband's house :wink: and it turns out he owns an oilfield tool supply company with offices here and in Texas so he is going to get me sorted out next week. Even if that didn't work we had an underground railway all worked out via the inimitable Weldangrind. My dad lives half the year in Arizona so he was going to order the part for me on his USA credit card. Turns out that Qlink is very careful about not selling parts to Canadians because of licensing issues.

There are a lot of great people on this forum who came forward with offers to help. That makes me feel a lot better about owning a Chinabike!

When I get back on the road I will post some photos and video. Thanks all! and Cheers!
That's great! Your situation is very odd, indeed. The Q's (Konker) is an extremely nice bike and should give you many fun miles....especially for the $$$!
Let the pics continue!

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 05-15-2011, 12:26 PM   #28

Quote:
Even if that didn't work we had an underground railway all worked out via the inimitable Weldangrind.
What did you call me?

I'm happy to help; I think we should do what we can to further this hobby.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-15-2011, 01:20 PM   #29

I'm very glad you are getting a replacement fork! Did you ever contact your dealer regarding this matter? :?:

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-15-2011, 01:38 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
I'm very glad you are getting a replacement fork! Did you ever contact your dealer regarding this matter? :?:

Spud
Yeah, somebody really over torqued that bolt to cause that damage.