Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2011, 01:58 AM   #31

400 parts

Art,
Are you going to have online parts ordering for the 400's soon?
Thanks,
Jeff

Old 02-11-2011, 08:10 AM   #32

Xingyue/Saga Online Parts

In response to your question about parts, yes we do have the parts online. Parts for these bikes at the moment are online at xingyuecanada.com

There is the complete parts list on there, with the diagrams specific to each part to ensure you get exactly the part you are looking for. Coming soon the parts list will be transferred over to Saga Canada's site.

We have alot of U.S. customers who purchase parts from us online. We seem to be one of the only companies around that have a large inventory of parts. In retail dollars, Saga has approximately $450,000 worth of parts for our machines, and we are always adding to it! From a CDI, to complete engines in the box we have it!

If anyone is looking for parts for a chinese machine, give us a shout, or send us a email with what your looking for and we will most likely have it, or can find it from our suppliers pretty quick. We have lot's of people sending us pic's of the part they are looking for and we have great success in matchin up replacement parts.

Happy Riding!
Saga Canada #201-20579 Langley Bypass, Langley BC 604-534-3844 www.sagacanada.ca DLR#30150

Old 02-14-2011, 01:16 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
I stopped by Saga today and was impressed with how well stocked (and organized) their warehouse was. I believe the bikes are also properly imported with the transport Canada approval so they really are street legal. If I was in the market I think I'd be going back and forth between the Saga 400 and a Konker.
I am interested to learn if the Saga 400/Xingyue XY400Y2 proves to be a reliable machine. I certainly hope the Pitster Pro LXT 400 owners in the United States keep us informed regarding their experiences with this motorcycle. I hope Saga keeps a stock of replacement parts for the 400cc motorcycle.

Spud
Spud
What happened to the Pitster Pro LXT 400 owners here? I wish they would start a new thread with their experiences.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:35 PM   #34

I's like to know also.... :roll:

It could be that they are down for the winter, but we all have winter and are still writing/riding. Also some of the PP400's went to southern states so I'd expect them to be active. I don't know.

As I said before the PP may turn out to be great and the CB bargin of the decade, but there is simply no good LONG TERM data out there at all. There are however reports of engine/transmission failures.

Until Saga came into the game and stocked parts, parts for the PP through Pitster were very slow to arrive. Like months. Lots of anxiety of owning an orphan when stuff like that happens.

This is why I spend exactly twice the price of the PP to get the KLX.

If only there was more (positive) info on the 400!

Old 02-14-2011, 09:54 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnone
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
I stopped by Saga today and was impressed with how well stocked (and organized) their warehouse was. I believe the bikes are also properly imported with the transport Canada approval so they really are street legal. If I was in the market I think I'd be going back and forth between the Saga 400 and a Konker.
I am interested to learn if the Saga 400/Xingyue XY400Y2 proves to be a reliable machine. I certainly hope the Pitster Pro LXT 400 owners in the United States keep us informed regarding their experiences with this motorcycle. I hope Saga keeps a stock of replacement parts for the 400cc motorcycle.

Spud
Spud
What happened to the Pitster Pro LXT 400 owners here? I wish they would start a new thread with their experiences.
TreeTrimmer (Jeff) is a LXT 400 owner residing in Oregon; he recently posted in this thread inquiring about obtaining parts from Saga Canada. However, you're certainly correct; we haven't heard much from the LXT 400 owners lately. I hope the LXT 400 owners will become more active on these forums as the weather warms up! I certainly hope they will also report their bikes are proving to be reliable, and they are getting good customer support from Pitster Pro.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 02-16-2011, 12:07 AM   #36

I'm not sure what's the point of a clone short of itself the potential to fill other markets. Higher levels of performance oriented Chinese bikes won't be winning any motocross, so why not go into something like bio/diesel motorcycles.

Clone one of those KLR based marine diesel bike or something.

They obviously know about it.

I sure won't mind a heavier bike that runs on bio diesel.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:21 AM   #37

That seems a little off topic? A diesel motorcycle would be cool, you should start a topic to discuss it.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:54 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
That seems a little off topic? A diesel motorcycle would be cool, you should start a topic to discuss it.
I most certainly didn't intend to kill the thread this way. I get a feeling everyone switches back to big 4J bikes after a while.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:50 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by roketa200E5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
I most certainly didn't intend to kill the thread this way. I get a feeling everyone switches back to big 4J bikes after a while.
You've introduced an interesting topic; however, this topic has no relevance to the Saga 400 motorcycle being discussed in this thread. I also encourage you to start a new thread in the Miscellaneous Forum.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 02-16-2011, 06:23 PM   #40

One of our members, a major tinkerer, tried to build a diesel out of a brand new KLR and ran into a roadblock with the torque converter. The same member also shaved off like 40 pounds from another new KLR. 8O

Anyone remember who that was? It was a cool thread. 8)

Old 02-16-2011, 08:36 PM   #41

pitster 400

I am still here ,but winter has curtailed the riding and the few good days I've had I took the harley out.In the spring i hope to have some info for everyone.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:13 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
One of our members, a major tinkerer, tried to build a diesel out of a brand new KLR and ran into a roadblock with the torque converter. The same member also shaved off like 40 pounds from another new KLR. 8O

Anyone remember who that was? It was a cool thread. 8)
It was SamM you are thinking of, his topics are both in "other stuff" page 2 and 3 I believe.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:20 PM   #43

Pitster 400

Tree trimmer here,
Bike has about 500 miles on it, no issues at all. I have changed to oil twice, cleaned the chain and that's about it. Weather has been really rotten for most of the winter with moss growing where it's never grown before. I usually ride all winter, must be getting old! I going to ride it to work tomorrow if I get a chance. I'm also planning to take my yearly 1 week dual sport trip on it just for fun. I will leave the Yamaha wr250R at home and see what happens. For this reason the improved parts situation is great as I wanted to get some spare cables and other parts to take along. As the bike gets more miles on it I will keep everyone informed.
Thanks,
Jeff

Old 02-17-2011, 11:55 PM   #44

They are a good price in the States, but waaaay too expensive in Canada. I can't imagine too many people buying one here when the price is getting so close to what you would pay for a mainstream Japanese dual sport. $4500 for the chinese 400 is what they are asking for new 2009 KLX250's here... You can get a leftover 2010 KLR650 for $5999... Only $1500 more. Who would buy an unproven chinese bike with prices being so close to popular Japanese dual sports? If you could buy them for $2000 or $2500 like in the States people might give them a shot, but for $4500 I'll take a mainstream bike anyday

Old 02-18-2011, 12:06 AM   #45

At the motorcycle show they had them on for between about $3200 and $3800 depending on which model...