Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2011, 05:20 PM   #16

I was very impressed with the Konker I rode last summer for CMG Online. It would be my first choice if I was buying a Brand New Motorcycle - about $2000 less than a TW200, I think.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:23 PM   #17

The difference in price between the Konker and the sale price on the Saga isn't very big... I've never owned a Saga motorcycle but have only heard good things about them. I believe Kens has a Saga and has been very pleased with it. It's not one of the Xingyue's, but I think he's been pretty happy with the service from them. Sorry if I mixed up who I am thinking of here. I've only been there for parts, and to have a look around, but I've had pretty good service. I don't know if it's changed but from what I saw of Konkers warehouse, I believe Saga has more parts stocked. Both are good choices though I would think.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:38 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
I stopped by Saga today and was impressed with how well stocked (and organized) their warehouse was. I believe the bikes are also properly imported with the transport Canada approval so they really are street legal. If I was in the market I think I'd be going back and forth between the Saga 400 and a Konker.
I am interested to learn if the Saga 400/Xingyue XY400Y2 proves to be a reliable machine. I certainly hope the Pitster Pro LXT 400 owners in the United States keep us informed regarding their experiences with this motorcycle. I hope Saga keeps a stock of replacement parts for the 400cc motorcycle.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-27-2011, 10:13 PM   #19

I was talking with Art from Saga (our current newest member) when I was in there, and he was saying he's hoping the powers that be set him free with one this summer to test one out and do some reporting about it. I hope they do, I look forward to reading about it.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:31 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
I was talking with Art from Saga (our current newest member) when I was in there, and he was saying he's hoping the powers that be set him free with one this summer to test one out and do some reporting about it. I hope they do, I look forward to reading about it.
Indeed, I would also love to read that report. The Xingyue XY400Y2 appears to be well manufactured; I hope the engine proves to be reliable. I think Saga will have more success selling this 400c motorcycle if customers know it keeps a good stock of replacement parts for the bike.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-30-2011, 01:48 AM   #21

So as it turns out we will be having a demo model this summer however I will not be the lucky one to run it. We will be letting the "professionals" at Cycle Canada do the testing and write the review. We are all very excited to see what they have to say. We also got a phone call from a customer down south who owns a GY400 Euro model and loves the thing, claims to cruise at 90 MPH without a problem..... I can't wait for the sun to come out to take one on the hwy.

And to answer spud, Yes we do have a great stock of parts for the Xingyue bikes, we currently have 6 4X8 shelves dedicated to Xingyue parts and just placed our order with China to fill in some odds and ends we don't have. Anybody is welcome to swing by the shop and take a look at our "goods" we try to be friendly and open with all our customer.

P.s. Hello China Riders, I'm Art from Saga Canada, I will be posting in the introductions section soon.

Old 01-30-2011, 02:17 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art
...And to answer spud, Yes we do have a great stock of parts for the Xingyue bikes, we currently have 6 4X8 shelves dedicated to Xingyue parts and just placed our order with China to fill in some odds and ends we don't have. Anybody is welcome to swing by the shop and take a look at our "goods" we try to be friendly and open with all our customer.

P.s. Hello China Riders, I'm Art from Saga Canada, I will be posting in the introductions section soon.
Welcome to these forums, Art; we are very glad you joined us. I'm pleased to hear you keep a good stock of parts for the Xingyue 400cc motocycles; I'm also happy to hear you value customer service. We look forward to hearing your future updates regarding these bikes.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 01-30-2011, 04:05 AM   #23

Glad to see you posting here Art, it's too bad they won't set you up with one to test, but a review from Cycle Canada should be good too

Old 01-30-2011, 12:08 PM   #24

Welcome Art!

Spud, Son of Weldangrind and I toured the warehouse on Saturday, and the parts supply is impressive. We didn't have time to have a thorough look, but Art reports that several Xingyue parts are on hand.

I just found my new favourite parts source.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-30-2011, 01:56 PM   #25

Saga 400 Bikes

Hello All

Just a quick update and some clarifications about the Saga 400 Bikes. As many of you are aware, these bikes are from Xingyue and Saga is distributing and managing these bikes. Saga houses all parts for these models, and is responsible for the dailly operations of Xingyue Canada. Saga was approached by Xingyue late last fall to be the distributor and manager of Xingyue Canada.

Being part of the Saga family now, all Xingyue bikes enjoy the same 2 year parts and labour warranty as the Saga line up, and are also fully supported and distributed by Saga Canada. Saga prides itself on having the largest supply of parts on hand, and continues to order parts to ensure that parts are always available. A quickly approaching trip to China to visit the Xingyue factory in China and make further improvements on these bikes should ensure that these bikes are the best value and quality on the market. Xingyue is a very proactive company in regards to being open to whatever suggestions we have in order to improve these machines.

All of the 400 models, whether it be a Enduro, Touring or Sport bike are completely Transport Canada approved, and there are no issues in regards to registering and riding these bikes. As mentioned in previous posts by Art one of our employees at Saga, these bikes will be retested by Cycle Canada this year, and as well we will be organizing a riding event for anyone from China Riders to come and test out these machines. This event will take place in early spring and then again in the later summer. It is a busy time with all of the Bike Shows, and Saga will be attending the Atlantic Motorcycle show in Moncton NB, that runs in the second week of February.

On a side note, Saga is still the #1 choice of the Megelli 250R bike for Canada and as we get closer to having the Megelli join the Saga Family, we will keep you up to date of it's arrival.

Thanks to all of the members that have toured Saga Canada's head office in Langley BC. We appreciate your feedback, enjoy answering questions and playing tour guide for you!
Saga Canada #201-20579 Langley Bypass, Langley BC 604-534-3844 www.sagacanada.ca DLR#30150

Old 01-30-2011, 03:35 PM   #26

Welcome back to the forums Thanks for the report.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:55 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
The difference in price between the Konker and the sale price on the Saga isn't very big... I've never owned a Saga motorcycle but have only heard good things about them. I believe Kens has a Saga and has been very pleased with it. It's not one of the Xingyue's, but I think he's been pretty happy with the service from them. Sorry if I mixed up who I am thinking of here. I've only been there for parts, and to have a look around, but I've had pretty good service. I don't know if it's changed but from what I saw of Konkers warehouse, I believe Saga has more parts stocked. Both are good choices though I would think.
I still have my saga gy250 c2 and it's a great bike.Even so they have stopped sales of the C2 bike they still have lots of parts avail.

The service from Saga has been awsome and still is.Saga will be a great distributer for the 400 cc.

Old 01-30-2011, 10:18 PM   #28

Good to hear, when I was down at the shop they did have 2 used ones remaining for sale, they looked to be in pretty good shape still.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:48 PM   #29

enjoying my C2 also. Might have to hop on the ferry one day this summer and go check out the warehouse too.

Old 02-02-2011, 06:21 PM   #30

re Saga 250 Parts

Hello All, Thanks for all the great comments and feedback in regards to the 400 and the 250 Enduro that Saga Carries.

Although we are no longer importing the 250 (factory issues) we still do carry the full line of parts for these bikes. We are still actively looking for a factory to produce the 250 for us again, but as you can imagine it is very difficult to find quality factories, and ones that we would put our name on.

Also a big thank you, to those of you that have come to our head office in Langley and said hello to us, It's always great to put a face to a name.

Remember that if you visit sagacanada.ca you can view all the online parts for the 250 Enduro, and either order online through our site, or call us in person and order your parts. Parts orders are shipped out next day, or available for pick up on the same day.
Saga Canada #201-20579 Langley Bypass, Langley BC 604-534-3844 www.sagacanada.ca DLR#30150