Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2010, 03:46 PM   #1

Gio Rebel T2 Chain Adjustment Won't Stay?!

Hey guys I'm new to the forum and I've been buying/selling Gio toys for a long time now. I just got my first T2 Rebel 125cc and have some problems but here's a major one. When I adjust the chain and tighten everything back up, as I turn the axle the chain simultaneously gets tight and back loose again and keeps doing that? :?

Old 12-28-2010, 03:55 PM   #2

Re: Gio Rebel T2 Chain Adjustment Won't Stay?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarnjit
Hey guys I'm new to the forum and I've been buying/selling Gio toys for a long time now. I just got my first T2 Rebel 125cc and have some problems but here's a major one. When I adjust the chain and tighten everything back up, as I turn the axle the chain simultaneously gets tight and back loose again and keeps doing that? :?
Welcome, i'd say that it would be one of these, the axle is bent, the sprocket is bent, the sprocket hub is out of round or the chain is bad.
I'd take the chain off and look at the sprocket while turning it to make sure it's not out of round or bent, if they look ok i'd put a new chain on ( which you should anyways, the stock chain never lasts long).

Old 01-06-2011, 01:35 AM   #3

Our beast's do this minorly as well. I'd definitely be looking at your alignment. We've minimized the problem by adding spacers between the axle housing and the swing arm mounts.